SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 #20 **ARREST**

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a request to make from everyone on this thread.

As many years as I have been reading here, I have seen the transition to the text/twitter world of abbreviating things for speed and space. It's never bothered me before, but for some reason it bothers me tremendously in this case.

Every time I see "HE", my mind automatically translates it into the the word 'he' and that immediately makes me think of SM. I have to do a mental check to remind myself that it means "Heather".

I think at this point, most everyone on here (I think) has come to the conclusion that Heather is no longer among us physically.

Could we please, please, in this case, for her sake and her family's, not refer to her as 'HE'?

Everyone deserves the dignity of owning their name.

Her name is HEATHER.

Could we at least give her that dignity and use it here?

JMO
I do understand, but for me it is used within the context of the comment. From here on out, things are going to become even more graphic as the real story begins to emerge. Starting with Kidnapping and sexual deviancy...this case took a sharp turn into a disturbing direction. Preserving her dignity could be to use initials.

Perhaps we could include her middle initial and compromise?

Can anyone find a kidnapping case that went to trial without a body, or murder charges?

One of the first in the state was back in late 70's/early 80's, right there in MB. I can only remember suspect/convicts last name, Owens, but as we lived there during the time my brothers went to high school with his daughter (don't think fair to post HER first name). I will ask my brother if he remembers her dad's first name and/or circumstances around the murder.

I THINK this is it - about 99% positive.
http://law.justia.com/cases/south-carolina/supreme-court/1987/22750-1.html

I looked as closely as I could on aerial views Friday and couldn't discern - hate to wonder but could anyone see any of those big, 55-gl drums used a lot in this area (outside city garbage limits) as burn barrels? I'd suspect if they used anything like that they would have disposed of the barrel rather quickly...but a late-night barrel burn like that around the holidays is a very common sight in these parts.

somehow I tend to doubt they'd risk the kids seeing anything. Plenty of other places around. Since TM went to so much trouvle to point out about SM not talking to Heather I doubt such an obvious thing susch as a burn barrel would contain anything :moo:

I think he may have have said something at the hospital. The last report said SM was taken to the hospital.

ETA:

The victim was taken to Grand Strand Regional Medical Center.

http://m.myhorrynews.com/news/crime/article_3c018162-98d4-11e3-b6e3-001a4bcf6878.html?mode=jqm

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk

Maybe he finally decided to spill the beans because he could not take the pressure anymore of going around always looking over his shoulder.

When LE went to his door in that News Interview about a week or so ago, SM was very upset with the reporter and alluded to his life being threatened. If the pressure got great enough, he may have just decided to tell all he knew.

But I would think they would have arrested him right at the hospital if he admitted guilt at the time. Maybe he only said something incriminating.

I do think LE needs to grill him while in jail because I do think he is the most likely one to spill the beans. I have to wonder if he is getting tired of being controlled by TM. The sheer fact he committed adultery with someone shows something wasnt so good on the home front.

Hopefully some professional LE interviewers will give him reason to come forward and maybe get a plea deal by confessing all he knows.

I looked as closely as I could on aerial views Friday and couldn't discern - hate to wonder but could anyone see any of those big, 55-gl drums used a lot in this area (outside city garbage limits) as burn barrels? I'd suspect if they used anything like that they would have disposed of the barrel rather quickly...but a late-night barrel burn like that around the holidays is a very common sight in these parts.

I thought that's what they were too when I first looked at them, but when I enlarged and zoomed in on them, they appeared to be decorative planters. What I thought may have been the bottom of the barrels was actually the reflection of the planters from the wet ground/water beneath them.

Doubtful IMO only because of the odor. Recently I had some places removed from my face by the dermatologist. One area he had to cauterize or burn. The odor was horrendous! I sickening odor, and it was only for a few seconds, but an odor I'll never forget. And I live on a farm, so we burn quite a bit rather than taking to the landfill. I've smelled many dead animals burned over the years and none smelled like that cauterizing did.

Though I know we've read of burning cases on here way too many times, so it does happen. Maria Lauterbach (sp?) always comes to my mind.

I don't know that either of these two perps went to too much trouble in the disposing aspect. Judging by that yard, neither have the energy to get much done, or the ambition, or something, I don't know. But that amount of junk thrown in the yard and instead of cleaning it up, throw a fence around it. Oh I bet TM would be horrified that all the mirrors are being removed, and illusions removed...the fascade is crumbling down.

:moo:

Yeah, about that wonderful reporter that knocked on their door, SM stated he couldn't talk because of his lawyer. TM posted about 'their lawyer' on her FB. YET... arrest their butts and the first words are yelling for a public defender! Grrrr!!!!

They haven't been charge for those financial things yet either. Hope they are federal charges!

Doubtful IMO only because of the odor. Recently I had some places removed from my face by the dermatologist. One area he had to cauterize or burn. The odor was horrendous! I sickening odor, and it was only for a few seconds, but an odor I'll never forget. And I live on a farm, so we burn quite a bit rather than taking to the landfill. I've smelled many dead animals burned over the years and none smelled like that cauterizing did.

Though I know we've read of burning cases on here way too many times, so it does happen. Maria Lauterbach (sp?) always comes to my mind.

I don't know that either of these two perps went to too much trouble in the disposing aspect. Judging by that yard, neither have the energy to get much done, or the ambition, or something, I don't know. But that amount of junk thrown in the yard and instead of cleaning it up, throw a fence around it. Oh I bet TM would be horrified that all the mirrors are being removed, and illusions removed...the fascade is crumbling down.

:moo:

I know. I thought what a sad, sad existence when I saw those photos. Everything all nice and fairyland-like/grandeur to those passing by, but then you see the junk, trash, disarray, leaking roof, etc behind the fences and it makes your heart break to think what it was really like inside those walls, doesn't it? Especially for their children.

Yeah, about that wonderful reporter that knocked on their door, SM stated he couldn't talk because of his lawyer. TM posted about 'their lawyer' on her FB. YET... arrest their butts and the first words are yelling for a public defender! Grrrr!!!!

They haven't been charge for those financial things yet either. Hope they are federal charges!

maybe they DID have a lawyer (or the family),but once lawer got a whiff of what was transpiring they ran quickly away-or they found out no $$$ to pay those substantial fees for BOTH.
guess u could say a PD is a MIckey Mouse lawyer so they'll feel right at home :floorlaugh:

It does prove they lied about the lawyer doesnt it.

I at first wondered if there was any truth to him claiming that Heather was the one calling him multiple times and him telling her to stop calling. But I keep remembering the roomate said that she told the roomate that he said he had left his wife.

I tend to believe the roomate. I do think it is very possible that TM started to pretend she was SM while texting or PMng with Heather. I could see Heather being fooled to think she was going to meet SM when really TM was there to ambush her. Or maybe TM put SM up to meeting her and taking her to another location where TM was waiting for them.

All scenerios are horrible to think what happened next. If TM put SM up to meeting with her and then to go to another location. Wonder where that location could be where TM could be waiting for them both and be able to kill her without anybody witnessing or hearing. Maybe some business that was closed that SM had the key for and got Heather inside where TM was waiting for them.

I hope LE checks out that business where SM said he locked himself in when he was threatened. He had the key to that place for sure.

Check all the keys on his key ring and make sure all places are checked with cadaver dogs for evidence.

Do we know what they actually did for the indecency charge?

The indecent exposure charges have me baffled, but here is a scenario: Heather communicated something that enraged TM. It may have been a direct taunt/insult to TM, like calling her an uncomplimentary name, or revealing something about her relationship with SM that would send TM off the deep end of rage.

So TM gets SM to join her in taunting Heather back, and along that line of thinking, with regard to the indecent exposure, maybe they sent Heather selfies of them mooning the camera, or something along those lines but more of a sexual nature.

From there I am stumped, because if they did that, why would Heather go meet them? So then I think perhaps the police were wrong about Heather driving to PTL, because maybe the third part of their night of terrorizing Heather, they went to her apartment and took her, although that seems unlikely IMO.

So that takes me back to why Heather would go meet SM if she was being taunted. I wonder what kind of temper Heather had?

I wonder about that last supposed gun pointing episode and police report filed by SM and if it had anything to do with their arrest. It seems they were arrested right after that last time that SM called police to claim he was threatened by someone with a gun. Maybe LE had enough of their antics and made their move on them.

I just dont see how those police reports they filed could be true. They seemed so fake with his descriptions of the 2 people in the ball caps.

Kinda like Jodi Arias Ninjas!

The indecent exposure charges have me baffled, but here is a scenario: Heather communicated something that enraged TM. It may have been a direct taunt/insult to TM, like calling her an uncomplimentary name, or revealing something about her relationship with SM that would send TM off the deep end of rage.

So TM gets SM to join her in taunting Heather back, and along that line of thinking, with regard to the indecent exposure, maybe they sent Heather selfies of them mooning the camera, or something along those lines but more of a sexual nature.

From there I am stumped, because if they did that, why would Heather go meet them? So then I think perhaps the police were wrong about Heather driving to PTL, because maybe the third part of their night of terrorizing Heather, they went to her apartment and took her, although that seems unlikely IMO.

So that takes me back to why Heather would go meet SM if she was being taunted. I wonder what kind of temper Heather had?

See I think they mooned some ppl.
I don't think it was a picture!
This was in public and ppl saw them.
Maybe someone said something to them and they pulled their pants down and said kiss this.

maybe they DID have a lawyer (or the family),but once lawer got a whiff of what was transpiring they ran quickly away-or they found out no $$$ to pay those substantial fees for BOTH.
guess u could say a PD is a MIckey Mouse lawyer so they'll feel right at home :floorlaugh:

I was thinking the same, that they met with a lawyer and discovered they could not afford one if they were arrested. That lawyer may have advised them that in the case of an arrest they should ask for a public defender.

First, the phone bill from her father got things pointed in their direction. The roomate's conversation came next. When LE finally asked SM and he lied...it was a huge red flag. LE continued down the right path and every rock they overturned had a Moorer connection. When LE checked the surveillance tapes, up pops a naked Moorer or two at the wrong place and the wrong time while doing the wrong thing. Plus there is a lot more to come they have not revealed.

This looks like due diligence to me. LE did their homework and it paid off. Good solid police work. Bravo! (No wonder they were not happy people were messing with the Moorers ahead of their investigation.)

I honestly do not believe SM said a word at the hospital, but it could be LE read TM's last post on her Facebook page and decided enough was enough.

All scenerios are horrible to think what happened next. If TM put SM up to meeting with her and then to go to another location. Wonder where that location could be where TM could be waiting for them both and be able to kill her without anybody witnessing or hearing. Maybe some business that was closed that SM had the key for and got Heather inside where TM was waiting for them.

I hope LE checks out that business where SM said he locked himself in when he was threatened. He had the key to that place for sure.

Check all the keys on his key ring and make sure all places are checked with cadaver dogs for evidence.

Good point! It seems it would be easier to convince someone to go with them to building where there is the perception of privacy than to a secluded area off another road. And SM would know how to clean up an area afterwards.

bracing myself for what might be revealed today. :( in general with this case.

The indecent exposure episode around the time of her disappearance could very well be related somehow. I am thinking maybe TM forced SM into meeting with Heather and luring her away to another spot. Once TM killed heather and they got rid of her maybe TM is like one of those crazy killers where she actually got some sick gratification out of the killing process and made SM have sex with her close to where they were and they didnt wait till they got home.

I so hope that Heather's demise was quick and that she wasnt forced into any kind of sickness that TM dreamed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member