SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 #20 **ARREST**

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! New member, first time poster! So bare with me!

I definitely don't think there was a third party. I think TM & SM are the kind of couple based around emotional abuse by BOTH and that when it comes down to it, they would do ANYTHING for each other. In order to not give up their comforts. That's part of the thrill for them. Think somewhere along the lines of Mickey & Mallory in the movie Natural Born killers.

I think they found some of her personal belongings at their house. Which in turn made it clear that there was a murder. These two aren't very smart so I bet it was an obvious find- a trophy for TM, if you will.

I am truly saddened by this outcome I must say. Sending much love to heather and her family.

:wagon::Welcome1::welcome4:

Someone posted about shots fired at Atalaya Castle at 3:47am on 12/18. I can't find the post now but does anyone have more info or a link about this?
I couldn't find the post, but I did come across this blurb on Google (not found on the site indicated):

Most Wanted - Most Viewed Crimes since 2014-02-22 - SpotCrime
ec2-174-129-243-60.compute-1.amazonaws.com/mostviewed.php‎

12/18/2013 03:47 AM, Other, 4000 BLOCK OF ATALAYA PL,HORRY COUNTY, SUSP PERSON/VEH ... Sac PD rptg a foot pursuit of a perp, shots fired by perp, now in custody

http://ec2-174-129-243-60.compute-1.amazonaws.com/mostviewed.php

I've thought that too. Then I think maybe I'm giving him too much credit. Maybe he's just as bad as TM!

As far as TM I suspect reality has not fully sunk in and she's still plotting what she's going to do when she gets out on bond. Hope that never happens.

It will take a couple of weeks in jail before reality sets in I'm afraid for TM.

Iirc, either the bond will be quite high or none. jmo

Today they each gave up their right to a bond hearing on the kidnapping charge.

In light of the new charge, both defendants chose to waive their rights to a bond hearing on the charge of kidnapping.

http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/crime/article_9134b14e-9d67-11e3-a5f5-0017a43b2370.html?mode=story

LE needs to be very careful with saying stuff like this. If they cannot represent publicly that they know Heather was murdered, the case may crumble. IOW, if you know enough to say someone is dead and press murder charges, it doesn't serve your case well to still tell people to offer tips on that person's whereabouts.

FWIW, "The Nancy Grace show also plans to air a segment on the Heather Elvis case later today." http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/crime/article_9134b14e-9d67-11e3-a5f5-0017a43b2370.html?mode=story

Thank you. I never said there were shots fired, or that it was at Atalaya Castle. It was a suspicious person/vehicle at Atalaya Place. That is a dead end (court) with only about 8 houses. Seemed an unusual place to me for anything suspicious. Especially with the railroad tracks and path leading from there.

SM's says that too. Is it true about the color red signifying high profile or violent inmates?

When I used to do research interviews in CT prisons, I was told that red was for sex offenders.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Would the kidnapper charge automatically make it 1st degree?

I find it interesting that we haven't been told what degree yet. Maybe they haven't decided?

I wondered the same thing. I was thinking that murder occurring during the commission of another felony (kidnapping) was a capital offense.

No smiling today.

530b78e514f35.image.jpg

Perhaps I'm missing it, looking at it at the wrong angle, I don't know, but it sure looks to me like she DOES still have a slight smirk.

IMO, TM is NOT a bit worried. IMO, she's a narcissistic personality who really has no feeling for what she's allegedly done, even if it can be proved beyond the most reasonable doubt of doubts. IMO, she doesn't care one bit about what she's done to her own family, including her children. IMO, she's STILL relishing in the fact that she "won" the war and SM's lover is gone.

IMO, TM is a disgusting, human whom the world is much safer now that she is behind bars. Bless those children that TM will no longer have influence over!!!!

I'm really having a hard time piecing all of this together. All emotions to the side, I still don't see where this murder charge came from. To go from Obstruction/IE--->Kidnapping---> Murder isn't something one typically. What evidence could they find besides a body that leads to a probable murder cause? Bloody clothes of Heather's? That doesn't mean she has passed away. Could just have been injured. Did one of them text, FB message, or voicemail a "confession"? I'm really just can't find the missing link here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They'll have to prove she's dead...evidence (that we know about) includes the fact that she's been missing and her family hasn't seen or heard from her which is completely outside her character. We also know she hasn't shown up for work, her phone is missing but has had no activity, her abandoned car was found...she's had no contact with family or friends. By the time a trial rolls around, all of these can be used to provide evidence that she's deceased. If they found her bloody clothing at the Moorer's house or her blood in either of the vehicles, that will just be even better in terms of evicence, but not necessary to convince a jury that she is deceased.

as for proving murder, it sounds like they do have some physcial evidence, that they know SM & TM lied about their actions the night Heather disappeared and they have some video surveillance, which we don't know what it shows us. Because no-body murder trials are difficult to bring to trial (but based on some stats someone posted last night have an 88% conviction rate when they do!?!), I'm sure that LE has a fairly compelling case to have moved forward with arrests.

LE needs to be very careful with saying stuff like this. If they cannot represent publicly that they know Heather was murdered, the case may crumble. IOW, if you know enough to say someone is dead and press murder charges, it doesn't serve your case well to still tell people to offer tips on that person's whereabouts.

FWIW, "The Nancy Grace show also plans to air a segment on the Heather Elvis case later today." http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/crime/article_9134b14e-9d67-11e3-a5f5-0017a43b2370.html?mode=story

She is still missing though. If they have evidence of a murder in that home... I think asking about her whereabouts means 'body'?

Thanks Hoppy! We totally understand. I have a couple of questions.

Who was charged first, TM or SM? How did they react and at any time did the look at the Elvis family? Thanks.

SM was brought in first. Then - in what seemed like an eternity of waiting - they brought in TM. It did not appear they even looked in the direction of the family - but observers watched from Monitors in the viewing area (with sound) - and so our viewpoint was somewhat limited (meaning we didn't see what they might have done/looked at before they came into the area the courtroom camera was capturing). They were facing the cameras - and I can tell you that neither of them were anything but straight faced and emotionless. They clearly knew (as I'm hoping and assuming the HE family knew) ahead of time that this was coming.

I think LE has proof that SM and/or TM took Heather against her will. That lead to the kidnapping. Then there is separate evidence that they murdered her .

I just do not understand. I have a gut feeling that there is a HUGE piece of the puzzle missing

Yes, the story seems incomplete. I suspect LE knows it, but we probably won't learn the details until the trial.

I had a feeling these charges were on their way for the past month or so, but even so, I am at loss for words..

I hope Tammy and Sidney rot in prison.

We were all hoping and praying, nycgrl, but to be honest the frustration level had peaked among many after the 2 month mark. I was chatting with a geographical profiler the morning prior to the M property search. His last comment stated; 'well, it looks like HE's case is growing cold'. Then all hell broke loose.. Missing/murdered person's investigations are seldom sprints, but often marathons..

Wouldn't it be nice if all the miss/murdered persons cases received the investigative resources and swift resolution that the HE case has received?

Bet her investigation has exceeded $1,000,000.00+ so far..with million$ to go before there is justice in HE's case. All the defense delay motions; change of venue, etc. Imo there will be a unanimous vote for conviction/s by the jurors. Then the sentencing, and years later, the automatic appeals, unless there is a confession/s plea agreement..

RE (post from yesterday): 'PeterThomasFan, 'can we pleeese have a press conference
HCPD'?

http://www.carolinalive.com/news/story.aspx?id=1011241#.UwtfG_ldUud

LIVE: News conference on Heather Elvis disappearance
by Continuous News Desk

"Who said LE doesn't follow websleuths & SM"? "Ask & you shall receive"..

They said they found "direct evidence". Any LE folks here who know the definition of direct evidence?

It sounds like a slam dunk to me.

But how does that fit with them running around town that day having sex everywhere? It was late night/early morning when SM contacted HE. It appears this was at least one hour after the IE charge on the 17th, kwim?

And I don't understand SM either. Heather had moved on.... so what was he doing back? Except to lure her and trap her ....................

Salem

Do we know for sure that the indecent exp was for having sex? It could have been they both got drunk, mooned a few people, or urinated in public...

Could actually be that they got stoned or drunk, decided to mess with Heather that night and it escalated...I myself think whatever happened was premeditated.

But how does that fit with them running around town that day having sex everywhere? It was late night/early morning when SM contacted HE. It appears this was at least one hour after the IE charge on the 17th, kwim?

And I don't understand SM either. Heather had moved on.... so what was he doing back? Except to lure her and trap her ....................

Salem
where is the info that they ran around and had sex everywhere ..and what day?

SM was brought in first. Then - in what seemed like an eternity of waiting - they brought in TM. It did not appear they even looked in the direction of the family - but observers watched from Monitors in the viewing area (with sound) - and so our viewpoint was somewhat limited (meaning we didn't see what they might have done/looked at before they came into the area the courtroom camera was capturing). They were facing the cameras - and I can tell you that neither of them were anything but straight faced and emotionless. They clearly knew (as I'm hoping and assuming the HE family knew) ahead of time that this was coming.

Thank you! Could you tell if any of the M's family members were there?

I ate my lunch ay my desk so I could check what was happening. I'm so sad. :( I was hoping for a good outcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zandylee07