SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 #25 ***ARREST**

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The thought of a witness is an interesting angle. I think its quite possible someone could testify to their where a bouts or demeanor in the hours surrounding the crime. A gas station attendant or other late night business may remember one or both of them.

LE must have plenty of video from that night-much we are not aware of.

I wonder if they found the discarded clothing/shoes the duo was wearing. If it had blood or hair from HE they may be able to confirm HE is passed.

How many criminals have been caught on Walmart surveillance tapes buying tarps, tape, etc...used in the commission of a crime?

So many questions at this point. Where is Heather?

JMO

The Wal-Mart thought is an interesting one. I feel sure if LE was granted a "super warrant" for the M's, they were able to get their hands on credit card statements. Would the M's load up supplies like you mentioned above from their home - their home with (was it 8 or 12) surveillance cameras?

I could see supplies being purchased earlier and stored away from home for later use. Or maybe they were purchased on December 17th, the Atlantic Avenue stop being the spot to ready their supplies?

LE stated the first IE charge was the one at the industrial park in Conway. Allied Maintenance is one of the two main businesses on the corner of the IE address. There are also rows and rows of PODS storage cubes (still not sure if these are in use or simply stored there).

Just seems like a bit of a coincidence that the owner of Palmetto Maintenance went near an out-of-business maintenance company in the hours before he committed premeditated murder.

Maybe the M's were picking up supplies? This kind of evidence would bolster the "premeditated" charge. And LE said these IE incidents were related to HE (LE said connected to her disappearance, but this was before the kidnapping and murder charges came down).

If LE tracked the M's recent purchases, they could easily have them on tape purchasing the items above. I can't see the M's using any materials from their home, anything that might be tracked back to them. New items make sense.

A MB detective told me several years ago that Wal-Mart has some of the best video surveillance in the country.

My purse was stolen from my car. I called and cancelled my credit cards and was told one of the purchases had been at the Wal-Mart on 501 about 30 minutes earlier. I called police, then went to the station and filled out a report.
The detective called me back within 1 hour (I kid you not!). He said he went by Wal-Mart, viewed the tape, recognized one of the girls making the purchase and even knew where to look for her.
She was in custody within days.

If the M's bought anything at Wal-Mart, or any big store, they would likely be on videotape. There's also a Lowe's just a few blocks from IE charge #1.

Purchasing a tarp or anything of that nature wouldn't be incriminating on it's own, but I think placing it within the narrative of Dec 17/18 would definitely strengthen the charge of premeditation.

Maybe knowing what supplies they purchased would offer some clues on where Heather might be now.

Side note: Wal-Mart's surveillance is one of the reasons I question the report about TM and HE allegedly fighting in a Wal-Mart parking lot. Where is the video for that altercation?

You may be right.

The outlier here for me is Conway. It's not far from anywhere in Myrtle Beach, maybe fifteen miles from downtown and less than ten from the Moorers' house, but it's the one location in this case that strikes me as being "out of the loop." Why did the Ms go to Conway? And, more specifically, why did they go to an industrial area of Conway? Did they choose that spot randomly or deliberately?

I tend to think Conway was SM/TM's last stop the morning of the 18th, wrapping things up before they headed home. We don't know the exact timing of the IE incident there, and MSM has reported that it was either the first or the second of the two IE incidents, depending on where you look. At this point, we just don't know the day and time the Ms were there, but my guess would be after 3:41am on the 18th.

On satellite images, I see miles and miles of marsh, forest, and some swampy areas around Conway to the east and the north and the west. If Heather's not in the river, she could be anywhere out there.

This is my husband's contribution.... BOTH of these (a word I can't write here) are charged with murder, 1st degree, right? The husband dug a hole out west of the waterway beforehand.

"Premeditated" means the Moorers went to PTL with a plan intact.
They weren't driving around Dec 18th looking for a good spot on the river, they weren't scrambling around their property near their sleeping children to hide HE.

That gap in phone activity between 3:41am - 6am was plenty of time for a short drive.

Thank you. :)

I may also want to add that while I am new to this particular forum, I have been 'lurking' for a few weeks now. I think I've got a good feel for the members as well as the rules, as well as everyones interest in this case, thus the reason for my compelling need to join this forum.

At first I wasn't certain (even though I'm an avid reader) if I wanted to join this community, but after some coaxing from my SO and my attraction to this case, made it a basic no-brainer.

I commend everyone here for the personal time and effort that is put into these cases.

Let it be known : (I feel like) those responsible for the disappearance of HE are being held accountable.

Therefore my ultimate goal and wish is to bring her home. This case has taken a piece of me. I will openly admit I'm obsessed with this case. I don't think I'll ever be the same. And I know it won't even come close unless we can bring her home. Let's lay her to rest. Peacefully.

-Restless in Horry County

-JL

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy S3 Running Android 4.4.2 via Tapatalk Pro 4

Welcome and thank you for helping to bring some reality to this situation.

It is good to be reminded that multiple peoples lives in the area have been affected by this.

For those of us living far away it sometimes is easy to lose sight of that.
So thank you for joining and sharing. Feel free to post anytime you want.
This is a really respectful group of people here. Due to the nature of the subject matter it sometims may come across crass but the people here always have good intentions and very nice.

In all honesty, my first impression of him was very good. He had what seemed to be a very good personality. I was a new employee to this particular 'contract' that he had, and he introduced himself and shook my hand. A nice, firm, eye to eye, hand shake. He was very approachable and easy to talk to. He always seemed to be In a good mood, part of what made him easily aproachable.

During the times he was at my place of employment, he always seemed focused, and willing to not only get the job done, but get it done correctly and to our 'standards', if not beyond.

I particularly remember a time when he was called to do a specific job, but when he showed up we pointed out a few other things that could use some fixing/adjusting. He had absolutely no problem with this, even though it would take extra time and parts. The job he did was very well. The company I worked for called him regularly. He was our 'go to' guy for minor repairs.

In a honesty, I never pictured him in an situation like this. He was friendly with everyone. He seemed very 'friendly' with my 'boss', (who was a female), but I honestly don't know if that was because she could be considered attractive or because she signed his paycheck and determined if he would be called again to do work. I find myself questioning that a lot here recently.

I didn't at all get the 'creep' or 'perv' vibes from him. Like I said, he was very nice, talkative, and approachable. When I saw him communicating with females, it was never out of line. He was always respectful.

All the times I've met him and the time spend with him at my place of employment, he never sent off any alarm bells or red flags that I picked up on.

I'm pretty sure that if not for this current situation, he would still be our 'go to' guy for repairs.

Disclaimer : Even though I have personally met SM, I do not know him on a 'firendship' level. I have met him 5 or 6 times, each time for approx. 30-45 minutes. I am in no way vouching for or protesting SMs innocence. I personally, just like in the eyes of the judicial system in SC, view him just as guilty as anyone else if he knew about, but did not prevent, a murder. Just stating my personal take on the times I have met him.

:tyou:

Thank you very much for the warm welcome :)

I honestly wish we could meet under different circumstances.

-Restless in Horry County

-JL

Welcome jlattimore86. Thank you for the local "color" and for the information about your interactions with SM. It really helps because we have had very little info about SM other than what TM has said about him.

Have you spoken to anyone who has directly had a different experience with him?

This is my husband's contribution.... BOTH of these (a word I can't write here) are charged with murder, 1st degree, right? The husband dug a hole out west of the waterway beforehand.

"Premeditated" means the Moorers went to PTL with a plan intact.
They weren't driving around Dec 18th looking for a good spot on the river, they weren't scrambling around their property near their sleeping children to hide HE.

That gap in phone activity between 3:41am - 6am was plenty of time for a short drive.

But why? Planning? Digging graves ahead of time? What did this girl do to warrant being murdered? Whom did she threaten/and if TM was so controlling--making SM wear a leash or whatever--why couldn't she just dominate him over to her side again? Planned murder--jointly planned and carried out--I just don't get it. Something is missing.

Ok, I GET this, really, I do. My problem with it is that it is a car. MANY cars have trash in them. Still, IMO, mentioning the trash in the way the CAD reads that the caller mentions it is just odd to me. If it's exaggerated just to get LE out there quicker, so be it. In this case, it works because it alerts to HE being missing. Heck, I'm still baffled as to WTH LE would allow TE to drive the dang vehicle!

Yes it bugs me that the caller made mention of the, "BUNCHES OF TRASH," but couldn't be sure about how long the car had been there or whether or not there was anyone in the vehicle. The reason it bugs me is purely speculative in that it was mentioned by another poster (and I was thinking at the same time) that it very well could have been one of the Ms (OR SOMEONE THEY KNOW) that made the call about the car.

I'm sorry, I just find it very odd that AT LEAST 2 vehicles (presumably with headlights on and wheels turning on the pavement) go down a quiet, basically country road leading up to a boat dock in the wee hours of the morning, around the same time, but only ONE of those vehicles leaves via the SAME road. A day and half later though, TRASH is noticed around a vehicle, a report is called in, and those 2 vehicles that came through in the wee hours of the morning are NEVER mentioned??? So it's normal to dock boats in the winter time, in the wee hours of the morning? It's normal for 2 cars to go in, and only 1 to leave in the wee hours of the morning? The only thing that isn't normal and brings LE rushing is TRASH?

There has to be at least ONE busy body in that area that saw/heard something.

Where is Heather???

Terry Elvis mentions the trash in HE's car specifically in his account. The fact that he mentions it at all implies it was more than a "normal" amount of trash in the floorboard.
He felt the need to explain to us, the readers, that the trash belonged to Heather. It's implied that he explained this to the officer as well.

TE's comment about it being "Heather's trash" means this was the normal state of Heather's car. JMO

Both were arrested for murder. Both participated according to the evidence LE has obtained or only one would have been charged. I blame Sidney more than Tammy. He brought that poor girl into this mess of a family. If he really loved her which I highly doubt or he wouldn't have killed her nor got involved with her knowing his crazy wife and he's also a crazy killer. He should have left HE alone, ignored her, not call or text her in order to keep her safe to let her carry on with her young life instead he and his wife stole her life by murdering her. He is a narcissist and very selfish only thinking of himself. Guys like him make me sick.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I agree! Tammy is a Goofy Disney character but I think Sidney is the cold-blooded killer. He started this mess and he finished it, victimizing two families. I have a hard time understanding why so many posters want to demonize Tammy because of her diarrhea of the mouth. Tammy is a hot mess with extremely poor reality testing, but Sidney is a heartless <Mod Snip>. At the very least, he is a narcissistic. He may be a sociopath. I don't think Tammy knew he was going to kill Heather. Tammy is smart enough to know he or they would end up in jail. No, in my mind, killing Heather was another "stupid" Sidney move.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But why? Planning? Digging graves ahead of time? What did this girl do to warrant being murdered? Whom did she threaten/and if TM was so controlling--making SM wear a leash or whatever--why couldn't she just dominate him over to her side again? Planned murder--jointly planned and carried out--I just don't get it. Something is missing.

I think we'll learn that the confrontation was planned by the M's. I think HE thought she was meeting with SM alone. Maybe what began as a verbal attack between TM and HE ended with SM becoming physically violent with HE. At some point, I think HE was beaten so badly that "stupid" Sidney decided he would take his chance on beating a murder wrap, rather than most definitely, facing assault charges.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Symptoms of Narcissistic Personality Disorder
In order for a person to be diagnosed with narcissistic personality disorder (NPD) they must meet five or more of the following symptoms:

-Has a grandiose sense of self-importance (e.g., exaggerates achievements and talents, expects to be recognized as superior without commensurate achievements)
-Is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love
-Believes that he or she is “special” and unique and can only be understood by, or should associate with, other special or high-status people (or institutions)
-Requires excessive admiration
-Has a very strong sense of entitlement, e.g., unreasonable expectations of especially favorable treatment or automatic compliance with his or her expectations
-Is exploitative of others, e.g., takes advantage of others to achieve his or her own ends
-Lacks empathy, e.g., is unwilling to recognize or identify with the feelings and needs of others
-Is often envious of others or believes that others are envious of him or her
-Regularly shows arrogant, haughty behaviors or attitudes"

http://psychcentral.com/disorders/narcissistic-personality-disorder-symptoms/

My take on the SM/TM a Dynamic is that SM behaves one way (more outgoing, friendly, etc) outside of TM's presence and another way (more subdued, passive etc) when he is in her company. I tend to believe that his personality outside TM's presence is more likely his natural personality.
I believe TM puts on a face for the world that is superficial and all about what she wishes she were and a very different face behind closed doors or when she thinks no one is watching. I believe that the divide is large between who she is and who she wants to be.
SM could be free of her and possibly be a decent human being. (Outside of his murder charges of course. This is more a commentary on if he would've left before anything bad went down) TM cannot escape herself.
I know a couple like this. Except the husband is the narcissist and the wife is compliant. When I first met them I was immediately put off by the husband and thought my big toe contained more personality than the wife. After some time I observed the wife outside the presence of her husband and she was delightful, funny, and very engaging.
I think when a spouse is under the thumb of another there is no facade for the compliant spouse. There is only survival. JMO

BBM. I agree. Dealing with a narcissist will completely suck the life out of someone, but they can still have the ability to carry on convos and act "normally" when the narcissist isn't around. IMO of course.

In all honesty, my first impression of him was very good. He had what seemed to be a very good personality. I was a new employee to this particular 'contract' that he had, and he introduced himself and shook my hand. A nice, firm, eye to eye, hand shake. He was very approachable and easy to talk to. He always seemed to be In a good mood, part of what made him easily aproachable.

During the times he was at my place of employment, he always seemed focused, and willing to not only get the job done, but get it done correctly and to our 'standards', if not beyond.

I particularly remember a time when he was called to do a specific job, but when he showed up we pointed out a few other things that could use some fixing/adjusting. He had absolutely no problem with this, even though it would take extra time and parts. The job he did was very well. The company I worked for called him regularly. He was our 'go to' guy for minor repairs.

In a honesty, I never pictured him in an situation like this. He was friendly with everyone. He seemed very 'friendly' with my 'boss', (who was a female), but I honestly don't know if that was because she could be considered attractive or because she signed his paycheck and determined if he would be called again to do work. I find myself questioning that a lot here recently.

I didn't at all get the 'creep' or 'perv' vibes from him. Like I said, he was very nice, talkative, and approachable. When I saw him communicating with females, it was never out of line. He was always respectful.

All the times I've met him and the time spend with him at my place of employment, he never sent off any alarm bells or red flags that I picked up on.

I'm pretty sure that if not for this current situation, he would still be our 'go to' guy for repairs.

Disclaimer : Even though I have personally met SM, I do not know him on a 'firendship' level. I have met him 5 or 6 times, each time for approx. 30-45 minutes. I am in no way vouching for or protesting SMs innocence. I personally, just like in the eyes of the judicial system in SC, view him just as guilty as anyone else if he knew about, but did not prevent, a murder. Just stating my personal take on the times I have met him.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on SM! I think a lot of us were very curious because somewhere in one of these many Heather threads, it was said that SM was a real flirt with the ladies. So strange (and scary) how people can be so seemingly normal even if they aren't. IMO of course.

I want to start out by saying that I'm not new to forums, but researching the Heather Elvis case has brought me to this forum. So to this particular forum, I'm new. I commend the most of you for what you do here. You have valuable insight and resources that shouldn't be shrugged off.

The reason that draws me to this forum is that I'm a local of Horry County, and in particular, Myrtle Beach. My significant other and I have lived here for years, and consider this 'home'. The disappearance of Heather Elvis has not only peaked our interest, since it is local, but has affected our lives.

I work in the service industry here in Myrtle Beach, and have met SM on numerous occasions. I think that's what haunts me the most.

We have visited the 'tip tents' that they have set up to obtain the latest flyers, and donated to the efforts of the Elvis's. My SO and I both have flyers taped to the back of our vehicles, to try and obtain maximum exposure for Heather.

Being from this community, even though I never personally knew Heather, I feel somewhat compelled to bring her home. Even though she isn't, this could have easily been my sister, my cousin, my aunt, my mother, my friend. Regardless, she is my neighbor.

I have been on both sides of the law when it comes to the Horry County Police Department. I have seen them make a case from absolutely nothing, and I've seen them blow a case off with all the evidence they needed.

However, this case, this far, has renewed my faith in the HCPD. Even though we don't know what is going on behind the scenes, I believe they are in total control. Regardless of if Heather is found, I believe those responsible will pay. If HCPD didn't have the evidence to charge those responsible with murder, they wouldn't have. Previous cases can prove that. There is a lot of negative going on in Horry County right now. I honestly don't believe they would risk being the 'laughing stock' of the state, or nation for that matter.

And please don't take that the wrong way. I want nothing more than Heather to be found. She lived less than a mile from me. The main area that they focused on for their search was basically 'next door' to me. Heather was, and is, my neighbor. Even though I didn't personally know her, this case haunts me. But I honestly believe the HCPD, and a jury of the Moorer's Peers, will hold those responsible, whether or not she is found.

In a perfect world, Heather would still be here. In a next to perfect world, Heather will be found and those responsible will be held accountable.

We all know this world isn't perfect.

Let's just hope we can get close.

For Heather's sake.

-Restless in Horry County.

-JL

AS another local of MB (who interestingly shares your initials! LOL) -- thank you for a well said post. I totally agree and feel the same way!

Could sm and tm have gone to those locations where they did sex acts while taking pictures and then sent them to Heather after she arrived home from her date?
Seeing pics like that may have prompted Heather to react and lash out at sm thus the communications and private messages that ensued.

Also, if Heather was on the phone with BW and saw the pictures as they spoke, Heather may have reacted tearfully to seeing the pictures which is why she may have reiterated to BW that SM told her he intended to leave his wife. Even if Heather hadn't been with SM in a while, seeing pics like those still might be upsetting to her.

It could be that while in CA, TM read SM the riot act and made him prove his devotion to her the minute they returned to town. The original plan may have involved the posing for and sending the pictures but then the situation escalated quickly and exploded into murder.

Heather may have been planning to go to Florida with Sidney for his birthday. If TM got wind of their future plans, she may have gone into her enough is enough mode.

It may be like a perfect storm situation where the M's were away together for an extended time, Heather was keeping herself busy and went out with a friend on a date but was still looking forward to future plans she had with SM.
Then, to Heather's surprise, she's greated by pictures of the M's together in the same places she had been with SM. Heather may have gone a little crazy too as a result. Especially if she was looking forward to seeing SM again. It would be shocking imo.

Yes! This is exactly what I think!! They sent pics of themselves doing the deed and got HE upset. That would explain the sometime around Dec 17-18 timeframe. If it was on camera somewhere the time would be more accurate.

I have a couple questions I'm not sure about...

1. Do we know who broke off the relationship? or if it was broke off?

2. Do we know if HE knew that SM was married when they started seeing each other?

3. Do we know when it started?

This is my personal opinion and not necessarily the opinion of Websleuths LLC. Feel free to respectfully disagree.

I live a couple of hours from Myrtle Beach, and I have used this and the Brittanee Drexler disappearance to speak to many young friends and relatives about the danger, not just in MB, but anywhere that you are alone, or intoxicated, or in a group that you do not know the people well. It's too easy for something to happen, and once it has, there is no going back. HE probably thought she was safe with SM, even though he had done her wrong.
Another thing is, how did otherwise stupid people become so good at hiding the bodies? Used to be, the body would be found before you knew something had happened. Not now. Must be the high viewer-ship on the ID channel.

I see where you are coming from and appreciate your opinion, but for some reason ..Sid strikes me as a spineless man-child.

the reasons I don't feel he orchestrated at least the intent to cause bodily harm (please please understand that I do feel the murder charges are correct though)
is because:
1. He wasn't "allowed" to have his own facebook.
2. Tammy actually called him stupid and belittled him in public/online.
3. He never once stuck up for himself.
4. He got her name on his pelvis but did she get a tattoo of his name?
5. He allowed her to call the shots
6. She (or her family) owned the property, the cars, and had the money.
7. Everything was always about Tammy
8. She left him, he never left her.

SBM&BBM.
Thanks wasn't enough..... you just said every single thing I've been thinking.

:drumroll:

I have a couple questions I'm not sure about...

1. Do we know who broke off the relationship? or if it was broke off?

2. Do we know if HE knew that SM was married when they started seeing each other?

3. Do we know when it started?

This is my personal opinion and not necessarily the opinion of Websleuths LLC. Feel free to respectfully disagree.

As far as I know:

1. No to both

2. I'm not sure if she knew when she first met or saw him but the TK manager has said that HE knew he was married, at what point is anyone's guess.

3. According to her tweets July would be a good guess but I cannot find anything concrete. Actually there are earlier tweets that have me wondering if it was even months earlier than that but it's all just speculation.

All JMO from everything I've read.

Terry Elvis mentions the trash in HE's car specifically in his account. The fact that he mentions it at all implies it was more than a "normal" amount of trash in the floorboard.
He felt the need to explain to us, the readers, that the trash belonged to Heather. It's implied that he explained this to the officer as well.

TE's comment about it being "Heather's trash" means this was the normal state of Heather's car. JMO

Yes, but TE doesn't mention the trash until AFTER the car is reported abandoned and the caller mentioned the trash. The trash was ALREADY a topic BEFORE TE even enters the picture. Of course TE is going to discuss the trash, it's in the CAD.

In Jan 2008, a 19 and 20 year old husband and wife in Union SC killed a 16 yr old girl (Marisha Jeter) and threw her body in the Broad River. The husband had been seeing her, and when his wife found out, she made him call her to meet him, and they killed her together. This young couple also had children.
Then the wife cried to the court to have mercy on her for the sake of her children. This was a younger couple, but, still adults. Of course the 16 yr old cheerleader was much cuter than the wife. Hard to understand where murder becomes the only way to end it.
Both pleaded guilty to avoid the DP, and both recieved life in prison.
The wife had told him the only way to prove his love for her, was to kill the girl.

Yes, but TE doesn't mention the trash until AFTER the car is reported abandoned and the caller mentioned the trash. The trash was ALREADY a topic BEFORE TE even enters the picture. Of course TE is going to discuss the trash, it's in the CAD.

This is TE's description. Mess doesn't necessarily imply trash. JMO

http://www.xojane.com/it-happened-to-me/heather-elvis-disappearance-terry-elvis

"I unlocked the car as the officer looked over everything. It’s a mess, but it is Heather’s mess. Probably nothing to worry about, I told him. We do a search of the surrounding area and nothing looked alarming or out of the ordinary."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
welsh98