SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 #26***ARREST**

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone else find it odd that the only people the news found to interview about the Ms, were the outspoken cousin and a HS classmate of TM's that wasn't friends with her or really knew her? Where are TM and SM friends? The family should stay quiet I'm not saying they should've spoken to the news. <Mod Snip>
I'm beginning to think that they didn't have any, what I would call, friends. I think TM's isolation went pretty deep. Surfacy friends (acquaintances) work acquaintances, internet friends but no real friends.
Maybe I'm wrong but it seems peculiar to me.

Oh my! The nightmares are gonna keep me up for sure tonight. This reminded me of something that I try not to think about much. I knew a murderer. :( When I was a little girl a friend of the family worked at a motorcycle repair shop. I would visit and many of the other mechanics would talk and play around like normal people do, who like children. This particular one was always nice and friendly. I always felt comfortable around him and liked his company. Later when I was a teen, he had a night of binge drinking and drugs and killed 4 random people driving down the road. He says he thought they were demons. It just so happened that one of the victims was my 16 y/o friend, Crystal and another was my boyfriend at the time's uncle. It's sure not easy to know the murderer and the victims.

I bring this up because he actually was found not guilty, by reason of insanity. It caused quite a controversy! I may be mistaken but I believe they changed that law in NC to Guilty, but insane.( It may be that they were just trying to get that law to pass.) He did spend time in a mental facility for several years, but also carried on a some what normal life. He got married while there. In 2010 he got a conditional release, whatever that means.

Just considering the thought that an insanity plea could come into play I hope this isn't a possibility for TM or SM! Does anyone know the insanity laws in SC? I suppose I can research. I will be up for a while anyway.

http://murderpedia.org/male.H/h/hayes-michael-charles.htm

O/T Wow!! Small world..that is local to me. Such a sad case.

I personally don't know any numbers besides my parents... I don't even know my husband's phone number by heart because I've never had to dial it without looking it up in my phone first.

HOWEVER, I have a sibling who is in a super controlling, possessive, volatile relationship from both parties. Neither of them could ever put a new phone number in their phone, even disguised as a friend, without the other scrolling through and finding it at some point. If TM is as possessive as has been speculated, it's entirely possible that SM had to call HE by dialing her # instead of saving it to his contacts. If that's the case, he'd know her # by heart.

Very good point about not wanting to put the number in his phone. I hadn't considered that.

I am not sure how much "saving" can be done in this case. If LE has evidence of both of them kidnapping Heather, then both are equally responsible for her murder. They do not have lesser murder charges in SC. Kidnapping can get you thirty years. I really don't see a lot of room for bargaining or reason to, really. LE seems like they are prepared to prove murder for both. And if one of them thinks they will help their case by revealing her body, well, maybe a chance of parole one day? I just don't see it happening. I see both of them denying everything, especially as long as she remains missing.

Of course it would be best for the family to have her body back. But at the expense of a killer getting off easy? Not sure the state would go for that, even if they have leeway to do it.

These two came in denying guilt and will stick to it, IMO. They know that without a body, there is a fair chance one juror won't be able to make the leap that she is dead. Some posters on the internet tonight are already starting with the "she could be alive" in Holly's case tonight, as they did with Heather.

All JMO
Maybe there is the option to add the DP at some point? then that becomes a bargaining chip? Just a thought..MOO

Very good point about not wanting to put the number in his phone. I hadn't considered that.

There is also the possibility too that after it was supposedly over, he was using his work phone or another phone to call her so that TM would not know that he was still in contact.

I don't know how many times I have thought it over in my head, but it just does not seem right that TM was so controlling and jealous that she would 'allow' SM to work with HE after the affair. It just makes no sense. One of the first things that happens imho is that the person wants the other to stop all contact with the ow/om. You can't fix a marriage when the emotional part is still going on. Lets face it, if he is seeing her at least once a week at work, they were still involved in an emotional affair. I can't imagine that SM and HE were over it all that quickly. Especially if it is true there was an altercation at some point involve HE and TM.

Its just one more weird thing for me.

Kelly

Well, I am off to work! Thanks to all the peeps throwing out their thoughts and keeping things going.

Hope today is the day the Heather comes home. I pray everyday for her family that the end is near and they can find some peace.

Kelly

Does anyone else find it odd that the only people the news found to interview about the Ms, were the outspoken cousin and a HS classmate of TM's that wasn't friends with her or really knew her? Where are TM and SM friends? The family should stay quiet I'm not saying they should've spoken to the news. <Mod Snip>
I'm beginning to think that they didn't have any, what I would call, friends. I think TM's isolation went pretty deep. Surfacy friends (acquaintances) work acquaintances, internet friends but no real friends.
Maybe I'm wrong but it seems peculiar to me.

Maybe her friends online and Disney made her feel comfortable and maybe she had issues with being around local people socially. Which leads us back to her mental health. I think the interview was a waste and the news channels way to increase ratings.

Maybe her friends online and Disney made her feel comfortable and maybe she had issues with being around local people socially. Which leads us back to her mental health. I think the interview was a waste and the news channels way to increase ratings.

I agree and imagine that if they had somebody else to interview that would've given us a different perspective-any perspective then ratings would've rocketed ;)

There is also the possibility too that after it was supposedly over, he was using his work phone or another phone to call her so that TM would not know that he was still in contact.

I don't know how many times I have thought it over in my head, but it just does not seem right that TM was so controlling and jealous that she would 'allow' SM to work with HE after the affair. It just makes no sense. One of the first things that happens imho is that the person wants the other to stop all contact with the ow/om. You can't fix a marriage when the emotional part is still going on. Lets face it, if he is seeing her at least once a week at work, they were still involved in an emotional affair. I can't imagine that SM and HE were over it all that quickly. Especially if it is true there was an altercation at some point involve HE and TM.

Its just one more weird thing for me.

Kelly

I'm not certain but I thought I read that TK had let him go at some point. I thought this was before HE went missing so it was my impression that they were not working together after they supposedly broke up. However, I cannot find my source so someone please correct me if I goofed this information up somehow.

I agree and imagine that if they had somebody else to interview that would've given us a different perspective-any perspective then ratings would've rocketed ;)

I think we have to wait for LE and the bail hearing and the trial. Im not friends with all of my neighbors amd it makes me wonder about the quiet ones I think are weird.

I'm not certain but I thought I read that TK had let him go at some point. I thought this was before HE went missing so it was my impression that they were not working together after they supposedly broke up. However, I cannot find my source so someone please correct me if I goofed this information up somehow.

I will see if I can also find the source but I was under the impression that he was released from employment after because of the publicity. Not sure but you could also be correct. This is one of the harder cases to decide what is fact and fiction.

Kelly

it was quoted by a family member that HE received a phone call from a gas station and that the phone last pinged at PTL...i hope that helps in narrowing things down

Actually it was a FB post that was reposted on FHE...good morning all...

I just remember HE boss at TK saying SM came recommended and he worked for them 5-6 months.

That was FB hearsay as I read it ( and posted it very early on)also but I thought it was after she went missing..

I thought that myself, a sudden stop in the communication would mean one thing. I hope SM and TM pay dearly for what they have done to HE, her family, friends and the community here.

well, we know Heathers phone, for whatever reason, stopped. but really, how would SM explain the constant calls and suddenly not calling her again? surely that would be addressed during questioning, and I can only see it going one of two ways:

/begin hypothetical questioning/

LE: so why didn't you call her after 6am?
SM: I, ugh, well, umm, Tammy said not to.

OR

LE: so why did you keep calling her after 6am?
SM: to make sure she didn't call me again!

/end hypothetical questioning/

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

I see they finally (3 years) arrested someone in the Holly Bobo disappearance (kidnapping & murder)

well, we know Heathers phone, for whatever reason, stopped. but really, how would SM explain the constant calls and suddenly not calling her again? surely that would be addressed during questioning, and I can only see it going two ways:

LE: so why didn't you call her after 6am?
SM: I, ugh, well, umm, Tammy said not to.

OR

LE: so why did you keep calling her after 6am?
SM: to make sure she didn't call me again!

/end hypothetical questioning/

Couldn't have said that better!

topcat, I'm happy to hear this! I wanna peek at her thread but it would be like starting from scratch here, I'd be clueless and overwhelmed and I'd be One Of Those Posters who have a million questions! :)

PS good morning everyone! it's raining, it's pouring, time to clean house!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member