SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 #26***ARREST**

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What we all desparately need is some sort of new information. Until LE uncovers some more evidence or something comes to light, then things tend to get rung through the mill over and over because its all we have to go on.

It is frustrating at times.

I am hoping LE will get another tip or some new information that will help find her.

WOW

:gasp::gasp::gasp::gasp:

I bet you never knew you were living near a future murderer's old house.

Oh my! The nightmares are gonna keep me up for sure tonight. This reminded me of something that I try not to think about much. I knew a murderer. :( When I was a little girl a friend of the family worked at a motorcycle repair shop. I would visit and many of the other mechanics would talk and play around like normal people do, who like children. This particular one was always nice and friendly. I always felt comfortable around him and liked his company. Later when I was a teen, he had a night of binge drinking and drugs and killed 4 random people driving down the road. He says he thought they were demons. It just so happened that one of the victims was my 16 y/o friend, Crystal and another was my boyfriend at the time's uncle. It's sure not easy to know the murderer and the victims.

I bring this up because he actually was found not guilty, by reason of insanity. It caused quite a controversy! I may be mistaken but I believe they changed that law in NC to Guilty, but insane.( It may be that they were just trying to get that law to pass.) He did spend time in a mental facility for several years, but also carried on a some what normal life. He got married while there. In 2010 he got a conditional release, whatever that means.

Just considering the thought that an insanity plea could come into play I hope this isn't a possibility for TM or SM! Does anyone know the insanity laws in SC? I suppose I can research. I will be up for a while anyway.

http://murderpedia.org/male.H/h/hayes-michael-charles.htm

Im taking a WILD GUESS that maybe tm's transport to another facility could have something to do with a psych evauation. Someone who is I.m.o. that mentally ill could possibly attempt to plea "not guilty by reason of insanity"..... imo if I were her defense lawyer I might possibly think that is the only way to defend a client like tm.... specukation only

Maybe we will learn a bit more on the 17th. LE may have to say something to make sure there is no bail.

But I do fear a trial may be a long way off. I can see lots of legal maneuvers, filings, etc. becoming a big feature in this case.

Is it customary to have the thread number in the title?
:)

Yes I believe so. If you notice on the very first post of the very first page there is a list and links to all the threads for a case so when a case such as this has so many threads then each one gets labeled with a number.

Sometimes when referring back to a previous thread it helps.

Yes I believe so. If you notice on the very first post of the very first page there is a list and links to all the threads for a case so when a case such as this has so many threads then each one gets labeled with a number.

Why do some have yellow triangles and only some say active searches even though others are actively searching?

Thanks Hatfield!

And also, should this thread have "#26" in the title?

I tried to report my post for a mod to see, but can't from phone.

I think this thread is missing the number in its title.

Thanks Hatfield!

And also, should this thread have "#26" in the title?

I tried to report my post for a mod to see, but can't from phone.

I think this thread is missing the number in its title.

:seeya: the number is in the title!

SC SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 #26***ARREST**

Why do some have yellow triangles and only some say active searches even though others are actively searching?

The yellow triangles (in addition to several other emoticons) can be placed next to the title by the person who originally started the thread. I don't think it means anything other than hoping to draw attention to the thread. I haven't quite nailed down what the criteria is for WS to put active search in the title, though. I think it has to do with LE actively searching for a missing person at that particular time. This thread was given the active search title when the search warrant was served to the moorers and again when divers were grid searching ptl.

Oh my! The nightmares are gonna keep me up for sure tonight. This reminded me of something that I try not to think about much. I knew a murderer. :( When I was a little girl a friend of the family worked at a motorcycle repair shop. I would visit and many of the other mechanics would talk and play around like normal people do, who like children. This particular one was always nice and friendly. I always felt comfortable around him and liked his company. Later when I was a teen, he had a night of binge drinking and drugs and killed 4 random people driving down the road. He says he thought they were demons. It just so happened that one of the victims was my 16 y/o friend, Crystal and another was my boyfriend at the time's uncle. It's sure not easy to know the murderer and the victims.

I bring this up because he actually was found not guilty, by reason of insanity. It caused quite a controversy! I may be mistaken but I believe they changed that law in NC to Guilty, but insane.( It may be that they were just trying to get that law to pass.) He did spend time in a mental facility for several years, but also carried on a some what normal life. He got married while there. In 2010 he got a conditional release, whatever that means.

Just considering the thought that an insanity plea could come into play I hope this isn't a possibility for TM or SM! Does anyone know the insanity laws in SC? I suppose I can research. I will be up for a while anyway.

http://murderpedia.org/male.H/h/hayes-michael-charles.htm

I have been looking around on sc government mental health websites and from what I understand there are tri county areas and a designated facility for each tri county area. Im not stating this as fact....this is just the way I understood it. I am more so asking than I am stating.

:seeya: the number is in the title!

SC SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 #26***ARREST**

So odd . . . It doesn't show up for me. I see "#26" in the title on the first page of this thread, but not at the top of my screen. Oh well!

Thanks and sorry for O/T everyone!

Where is Heather??

When I first started following this case, I posted a few times here and there...but mostly I followed along reading every post and just hung out in the background. I am the type of person who wants to gather as much information as I can, analyze it, and then form my own opinion.

A while back I took a break from following this case on here. (My kids were appreciative for the home cooked meals again) There were so many nights I never went to sleep as every free moment I had was spent searching for anything that could help find Heather. I found myself getting frustrated and my head was spinning from trying to separate fact vs fiction. I just had this nagging feeling that we were overlooking something and my OCD kicked into high gear. It was then that I had to step away for a bit.

Fast forward a few weeks: Heather is still missing, SM & TM were arrested, I'm back to lurking, and I still feel as if something or someone else is/was involved in Heather's disappearance (in addition to the M's). This is just my opinion and I don't have any one specific detail that leads me to think that. I think it stems from looking at the big picture and how some things just don't add up for me. (JMO FWIW)

Nonetheless I do want to say I'm happy to see LE has made progress and were able to make an arrest. For once I'll admit that I was wrong for doubting them. I just pray Heather is found soon. This family has endured enough.

If any of this doesn't make sense I apologize....It's late & I'm exhausted.

In order to figure out where Heather is, you have to know the culprits accused of kidnapping and murdering her. You have to get inside their heads. You need to understand their "awareness space." You need to know what property they own, what buildings they may have access to, places that hold a special meaning to one or both of them. They had 2 days in which to hide Heather somewhere. TM is a native of MB, maybe Sidney was, don't remember about that, so getting to know the two perps is what will help us to located Heather. How did they lure her to a place? Where did the crime happen? How was Heather transported? Is she within a 1 mile radius, a 5 mile radius or a 20 mile radius of PTL, where LE said she was last known to be.

So of course we have to discuss the perps, that's how we can figure out what they did with her. Knowing Heather isn't going to help us find out where she is because she didn't disappear herself.

So it's all part of figuring out where Heather is, to discuss the two people in jail for kidnapping and murdering her. With getting to know their personalities, it opens up different scenarios of not only how they disposed of her but where they disposed of her. JMO, IMO, MOO and all that stuff.

Since they closed the previous thread, I could not quote and reply to those that I wanted to like you normally can.

And since I am doing this from my phone, it may not turn out at neat as I would like. I will do my best however, and just ask that you bare with me. :)

I have copied the comments and usernames, and then my reply will be underneath each, respectively.

OK, here we go :

Hatfield-

Welcome and thank you for helping to bring some reality to this situation.

It is good to be reminded that multiple peoples lives in the area have been affected by this.

For those of us living far away it sometimes is easy to lose sight of that.

So thank you for joining and sharing. Feel free to post anytime you want.
This is a really respectful group of people here. Due to the nature of the subject matter it sometims may come across crass but the people here always have good intentions and very nice.

-Thank you for the warm welcome. I must say I am generally impressed by the group of people that are gathered here. I know I may not see eye to eye with everyone, and others may not agree or see eye to eye with me. I personally like to hear others viewpoints and take on the situations. We all think differently. We will not always agree with how others think or view the situation. However, this is not the place for that. We are all here with one goal; to bring home those that are missing and to hold those responsible accountable for their actions.

But again, thank you for the welcome, and I hope I can contribute to this community as much as possible.

SStarr33-

Welcome jlattimore86. Thank you for the local "color" and for the information about your interactions with SM. It really helps because we have had very little info about SM other than what TM has said about him.

Have you spoken to anyone who has directly had a different experience with him?

-There are people at my job that knew SM better and longer than I did. I am pretty sure none of them actually hung out with him outside of work, but they talked with him frequently while he was at work. They have all come to the same conclusion; they never saw this coming. It literally blows their minds. He was always friendly and willing to go out of his way and above and beyond the job he was there to do. When the murder charges were announced, everyone I work with was astonished. It became such a 'big deal' at the place that I worked that we had to call a meeting of all the employees, and were told to no longer discuss SM.

So to answer your question, no. Everyone I have talked to that has met him has had the same general take on him. Very well spoken, easily approachable, always In a good mood, and well mannered. I never heard anything bad about SM from anyone until charges were filed, which at that time, he obviously no longer had a contract with us.

StarryNight-

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on SM! I think a lot of us were very curious because somewhere in one of these many Heather threads, it was said that SM was a real flirt with the ladies. So strange (and scary) how people can be so seemingly normal even if they aren't. IMO of course.

-He was definitely talkative with the ladies. But, he was talkative with everyone. When I saw him communicating with other females, it always seemed to be respectful, and because he was nice to everyone, I don't think it set off any red flags with any of us at work. As I said in my previous post, he was always striking up a conversation with 'my boss', whether he was busy or she was busy, and that could have been because she is attractive and around his age, or because she signed his paycheck and determined if he would be called upon again in the future.

It is crazy how some of the most violent, seductive predators can be right before our eyes, and we don't even notice.

Surfside-

BBM: I can't think of a better choice of words.

-I agree. This case has affected me in numerous ways, therefore I have been following it from day one. Now that we have those responsible for her disappearance, I pray that we can bring her home. To me, that is the most important thing right now. Laying her to rest peacefully.

I know how this case has affected me, I can only imagine the pain the Elvis's are going through. My heart goes out to them.

While we are on the discussion of local payphones, there used to be one 1/4 of a mile from where HE lived. There is a local bar right down the road from her, and there is/was a payphone at their entrance. I have personally made several phone calls from this payphone. However, I haven't been to this particular bar in several years, so whether or not it is still there I am not certain.

Just throwing that out there...

-Restless in Horry County

-JL

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy S3 Running Android 4.4.2 via Tapatalk Pro 4

I think you misunderstood what I was saying. TM did not ask to be moved ~ neither did her attorney ask for her to be moved. The move was the decision of LE. They have a very good reason for the move and it has nothing to do with personal safety. I'm glad they're behind bars, too. I'd be more pleased if one or both would tell us where my niece can be found!

Sorry, I did misunderstand. I have also been praying that one of them to break their silence so that Heather can come home. :loveyou:

I think it would be very telling to LE if they pulled cell phone records, and after so many calls back and forth, sm didn't call Heather after 6am.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Since they closed the previous thread, I could not quote and reply to those that I wanted to like you normally can.

And since I am doing this from my phone, it may not turn out at neat as I would like. I will do my best however, and just ask that you bare with me. :)

I have copied the comments and usernames, and then my reply will be underneath each, respectively.

OK, here we go :

Hatfield-

Welcome and thank you for helping to bring some reality to this situation.

It is good to be reminded that multiple peoples lives in the area have been affected by this.

For those of us living far away it sometimes is easy to lose sight of that.

So thank you for joining and sharing. Feel free to post anytime you want.
This is a really respectful group of people here. Due to the nature of the subject matter it sometims may come across crass but the people here always have good intentions and very nice.

-Thank you for the warm welcome. I must say I am generally impressed by the group of people that are gathered here. I know I may not see eye to eye with everyone, and others may not agree or see eye to eye with me. I personally like to hear others viewpoints and take on the situations. We all think differently. We will not always agree with how others think or view the situation. However, this is not the place for that. We are all here with one goal; to bring home those that are missing and to hold those responsible accountable for their actions.

But again, thank you for the welcome, and I hope I can contribute to this community as much as possible.

SStarr33-

Welcome jlattimore86. Thank you for the local "color" and for the information about your interactions with SM. It really helps because we have had very little info about SM other than what TM has said about him.

Have you spoken to anyone who has directly had a different experience with him?

-There are people at my job that knew SM better and longer than I did. I am pretty sure none of them actually hung out with him outside of work, but they talked with him frequently while he was at work. They have all come to the same conclusion; they never saw this coming. It literally blows their minds. He was always friendly and willing to go out of his way and above and beyond the job he was there to do. When the murder charges were announced, everyone I work with was astonished. It became such a 'big deal' at the place that I worked that we had to call a meeting of all the employees, and were told to no longer discuss SM.

So to answer your question, no. Everyone I have talked to that has met him has had the same general take on him. Very well spoken, easily approachable, always In a good mood, and well mannered. I never heard anything bad about SM from anyone until charges were filed, which at that time, he obviously no longer had a contract with us.

StarryNight-

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on SM! I think a lot of us were very curious because somewhere in one of these many Heather threads, it was said that SM was a real flirt with the ladies. So strange (and scary) how people can be so seemingly normal even if they aren't. IMO of course.

-He was definitely talkative with the ladies. But, he was talkative with everyone. When I saw him communicating with other females, it always seemed to be respectful, and because he was nice to everyone, I don't think it set off any red flags with any of us at work. As I said in my previous post, he was always striking up a conversation with 'my boss', whether he was busy or she was busy, and that could have been because she is attractive and around his age, or because she signed his paycheck and determined if he would be called upon again in the future.

It is crazy how some of the most violent, seductive predators can be right before our eyes, and we don't even notice.

Surfside-

BBM: I can't think of a better choice of words.

-I agree. This case has affected me in numerous ways, therefore I have been following it from day one. Now that we have those responsible for her disappearance, I pray that we can bring her home. To me, that is the most important thing right now. Laying her to rest peacefully.

I know how this case has affected me, I can only imagine the pain the Elvis's are going through. My heart goes out to them.

While we are on the discussion of local payphones, there used to be one 1/4 of a mile from where HE lived. There is a local bar right down the road from her, and there is/was a payphone at their entrance. I have personally made several phone calls from this payphone. However, I haven't been to this particular bar in several years, so whether or not it is still there I am not certain.

Just throwing that out there...

-Restless in Horry County

-JL

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy S3 Running Android 4.4.2 via Tapatalk Pro 4

Hi. I believe I know what bar you are talking about and when I lived at Arrowhead there was still a payphone. Whether or not it worked, idk. I also know there is a gas station past that bar on the right about 1/8 mile that has a payphone. I never thought of those until now!

I think it would be very telling to LE if they pulled cell phone records, and after so many calls back and forth, sm didn't call Heather after 6am.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

I thought that myself, a sudden stop in the communication would mean one thing. I hope SM and TM pay dearly for what they have done to HE, her family, friends and the community here.

The question I have about the payphone is do you think if it was SM that used the payphone to call HE and it was without ill intent. He called from there because he did not have his cell phone. What are the chances he would know her number without his cell phone?
How many numbers do you actually know? I can remember all my friends' phone numbers growing up so I have an excellent number memory but since the invention of speed dial or "favorites" I never have to dial numbers anymore. Without my cell, I could only dial a handful of people. Is HE's number something SM would have memorized?
I'm not sure.

I personally don't know any numbers besides my parents... I don't even know my husband's phone number by heart because I've never had to dial it without looking it up in my phone first.

HOWEVER, I have a sibling who is in a super controlling, possessive, volatile relationship from both parties. Neither of them could ever put a new phone number in their phone, even disguised as a friend, without the other scrolling through and finding it at some point. If TM is as possessive as has been speculated, it's entirely possible that SM had to call HE by dialing her # instead of saving it to his contacts. If that's the case, he'd know her # by heart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Megaera