SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 #26***ARREST**

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From my understand of other cases, it can take quite a long time for items to be processed. I beleive they had evidence from surveillance video that allowed them to charge with obstruction and IE. I don't remember if kidnapping came at same time or if that came at same time as the murder charges but my guess is that the vehicles as well as other items removed from the home are still being tested today. Don't these items have to be sent to a crime lab which are also handling many other cases? What I am thankful for is that they already have enough evidence to put those responsible behind bars and that they will continue to secure more evidence every day that items recovered are processed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good post! I have read here that people were a little confused as to why they didn't pursue the DP. It's my understanding that SC doesn't have degrees of murder so it's Dp, murder then manslaughter? Some said they should've went with the DP then bargained down. I also was confused with the lesser charges being charged first. I am assuming that this is common and is a bargaining tool. SC doesn't have the 1, 2, 3 degree murders. Not being from SC that was unfamiliar route to go in getting an answer to where's HE, a guilty charge and sufficient time behind bars. If they were to drop the murder/kidnapping charge they still are looking at 16 years. Let's make a deal. I want what the E family wants and whatever happens to make sure HE is brought home. First and foremost. This time right now is like a game of chess between LE and the M's lawyers. Now we just wait and see who is sacrificed to save the queen or king. I think sm will decide to take the brunt for his children to have their mom and he's the one that started this.

I think the pay phone in the news clip was edited in from stock video.
Doesn't it look familiar to some of you locals? It does to me.
I doubt the camera crew took time to set up that particular shot just for this piece.

My point was, if the media is reporting that someone made a call to HE from a pay phone, that's easy enough to say out loud. Otherwise, it's just a pay phone shot.

I guess I'm blind---near the barber shop?

TE reminds me of Tim Miller at the end of the video. His words are similar.

Sorry about that. The link takes you to part 2. You have to click part 1 below the video.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - SC SC - Angie Pipkin, 32, Aynor, 16 Jan 2014

According to 'witness statements', Angie Pipkin was murdered, dismembered and thrown off a bridge!

Arrest Warrant: http://goo.gl/40ZbME

I was just coming to post this! http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/24905701/police-searching-in-darlington-co-after-getting-tip-about-missing-aynor-woman

WHAT is going on in this area? People in general are so scary, I mean what goes wrong in somoene's mind that they KILL another person in cold blood? SMH

When looking at the above article I 1st thought the landing was PTL and it really freaked me out but I assume it is of another landing b/c it mentions another county. Sad.

I haven't posted in Heather's thread before. Up to now, my posts have been in Michelle Young, Nancy Cooper, and Janet Abaroa cases. I've lived in the "Carolinas" my entire life and have spent much time in the Myrtle Beach area in my family's houses/condos during my childhood and adult life. I know this area very, very well.

This is a sensitive subject for me to post as I know Heather's relatives are here in the forum. I would never, ever do or say anything to cause them further pain. What I want to say has been on my mind from the time they searched the M's property as well as what TM posted on her Facebook page. She referred to SM as a great chef followed by a wink in one post. I wondered since then if they could have burned her body.....maybe not on their property, but somewhere else. As others from this area have posted, Myrtle Beach and surrounding area are full of "nooks and crannies", dirt roads, wooded areas, swampy areas, deserted areas, etc. IMO, this is a possibility. They had 2 days to decide what to do with Heather's body and I just wonder how strongly LE has considered this possibility.

Again, I apologize to Heather's family for posting on this subject. My thoughts, prayers, and empathy are with you all........

This is the 2nd video report that showed that payphone on Kings Highway that WMBF posted. The other time the payphone was used in a WMBF video was the video where they interviewed the relative of TM. On the video right before the 2:35 mark the reporter referenced the police report, and then the payphone was displayed as to imply that a payphone was in the police report. Is this the implication you all get when you view the video?

Thank you! I went through my links backwards and that was the first one I came to with the phone. I didn't think it looked right but jumped right in. That was the implication I got as well.

IIRC, they were initially arrested on Friday, Feb. 21 for the OOJ & IE charges. Tammy posted bond & Sidney didn't bother. She was held (in addition to Sidney) after she posted bond on Saturday, Feb. 22, pending additional charges. They were charged with kidnapping later that afternoon and both opted to forgo their bond hearings on the kidnapping charges because there was still another charge pending (& I can only assume they knew what the pending charge would be). And on Monday, Feb. 24, they were both charged with murder. A bond hearing for the murder charges was set for the 17th of March. Subsequently, TM was moved to Georgetown Detention Center on Wednesday, Feb. 26.

ETA: someone mentioned it takes approx. 48-72 to process DNA (I'll be honest--I have NO idea) but Monday would be right at or around 72 hours after the house was searched, so maybe that's why they were 'pending' up until that point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tammy posted bond & Sidney didn't bother!! That makes me wonder if him talking to the cops at the hospital would be correct. He would know that it it is over & other charges are coming so why bother with posting bail. Tammy on the other hand didn't know Sidney talked so she posted. I know this theory was discussed a few boards back.

MOO

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - SC SC - Angie Pipkin, 32, Aynor, 16 Jan 2014

According to 'witness statements', Angie Pipkin was murdered, dismembered and thrown off a bridge!

Arrest Warrant: http://goo.gl/40ZbME

BBM. OMG. I cannot even imagine what in the world could cause someone to do something like this. She was such a pretty girl too. What that "man" did to her is absolutely horrible, and I'm not even sure I want to know what he did to her before he killed her. :(

I haven't posted in Heather's thread before. Up to now, my posts have been in Michelle Young, Nancy Cooper, and Janet Abaroa cases. I've lived in the "Carolinas" my entire life and have spent much time in the Myrtle Beach area in my family's houses/condos during my childhood and adult life. I know this area very, very well.

This is a sensitive subject for me to post as I know Heather's relatives are here in the forum. I would never, ever do or say anything to cause them further pain. What I want to say has been on my mind from the time they searched the M's property as well as what TM posted on her Facebook page. She referred to SM as a great chef followed by a wink in one post. I wondered since then if they could have burned her body.....maybe not on their property, but somewhere else. As others from this area have posted, Myrtle Beach and surrounding area are full of "nooks and crannies", dirt roads, wooded areas, swampy areas, deserted areas, etc. IMO, this is a possibility. They had 2 days to decide what to do with Heather's body and I just wonder how strongly LE has considered this possibility.

Again, I apologize to Heather's family for posting on this subject. My thoughts, prayers, and empathy are with you all........

I also feel it is a bit insensitive to speculate on what may have happened to Heather. I do not wish to cause the family further pain and anguish. I can not imagine how it must feel to have to go over how your loved one may have been murdered or suffered.

Saying that...I too feel it is possible that she was burned. SM was a licensed welder and the thought disturbs me.

ETA; http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/24880844/classmates-family-offer-insight-on-tammy-and-sidney-moorer
Her husband Sidney had a license, also at their home address, for a mobile welding service company called Palmetto Maintenance; the license lists his business was established around 2002.

jmo

"The police in this case haven’t said much about what type of evidence they have found, however, in this article in MyHorryNews, the county solicitor did say that they found direct evidence at the scene (it’s unclear whether they are talking about Peachtree Boat Landing or the Moorer’s home, but given the timing of the murder charges, it can probably be assumed that at least some of the direct evidence came from the Moorer’s home.

In short, direct evidence includes evidence that proves a fact without jurors having to make any assumption about its meaning. Direct evidence can include testimony of witnesses, documents or other tangible items." http://moorermurdertrial.com/how-can-the-moorers-be-charged-with-murder/

Interesting input from the MMT website.

I will start with the most disturbing thing that I noticed. When I came past the M's home to the end of the road, I could only turn right, as the property was marked. I stopped for a couple minutes and looked around and looked out by the electric substation and within a minute saw 4 ponds. Directly across from their home. The ponds are on hundreds of acres of land. There were areas you could see trucks used to get to the substation and then the areas that look like paths for 4-wheelers or maybe dirt bikes. Also, with Heather's weight vs TM or SM, she could have been carried or even put onto a 4-wheeler. This is just my opinion but that stood out to me, like really stood out.

The other day I posted about my thoughts related to this exact same thing based solely on looking on Google Earth. It's interesting that you had the same impressions when you visited the location, simply because sometimes what you see on Google Earth may have changed since the last satellite images. The fact that they live on a dead-end road with all those ponds, farm fields and woods really stuck out to me. I am fairly certain there are ATV trails and foot paths all around that area. I live in the mountains in a rural area in Northern Vermont and the locals all have their favorite places to go hunting, recreating, etc. I think SM may have a lot of familiarity with nearby places to hide evidence or a body. Something that often surprises people that don't live in rural areas is how DARK it is at night, lots of activity can go unnoticed.

Anyone who wants to read my full post on these thoughts, it's in a closed thread, here's the link:
ACTIVE SEARCH SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 #25 ***ARREST**

This is the 2nd video report that showed that payphone on Kings Highway that WMBF posted. The other time the payphone was used in a WMBF video was the video where they interviewed the relative of TM. On the video right before the 2:35 mark the reporter referenced the police report, and then the payphone was displayed as to imply that a payphone was in the police report. Is this the implication you all get when you view the video?

I took it as a reference to an FB remark that I've not seen substantiated through police report or MSM coverage of LE statements. But, yes, I believe the intent was to imply the image is related to LE reports/statements concerning contacts between SM's and HE's phones.

And the public ran with that as if it's known SM stood at that phone and called HE that night or morning.

We need the press. But I think there's a decided difference between journalism and press activity for the sake of activity.

Great point. The death ring around a hair. And then the hair being found in like the tool box of the truck. And Hair DNA test to prove it was her. That would sure do it.

It takes anywhere from 12 - 24 hours to a week or more before a death band will show up on hair attached to a cadaver, with the average longer than a day or two. If HE was in that truck postmortem fewer than say, 8 hrs, which had to be the case, there would not be any death band found on any hair shed, assuming any hair was even found. DNA could be used to identify any hair if there's an intact root. Death banding found on any hair in the truck is highly unlikely.

http://etd.lsu.edu/docs/available/etd-01242005-145140/unrestricted/Collier_thesis.pdf

I know there are threads here on WS on the case of Jonathon Foster but dont know how to link. Mona Nelson was charged in the murder of 12 yo Jonathon Foster with a welding torch in Dec. 2010.

"We're talking crematorium-type of hot," said one Houston Police Department Homicide Squad officer assigned to the investigation.
http://talk.baltimoresun.com/topic/...al-of-12-year-old-houston-boy-begins-tuesday/

jmo

WOW!!!! I remember this case - I live in Houston.

I just dont know how people are capable of doing things like this...... :banghead:

its been gnawing at me all day, and i know we are not supposed to mention the last phone call made to HE's phone. but going back posts, HE's family member stated that she did not think that HE would drive to that desolate place herself, at least that is what i took away from her post. i am of the same thinking. i think TM drove the car to that site and waited for the last call then threw the phone and maybe keys into the river and SM came back to pick her up. JMO

i now believe that place was just used to dump her car and throw LE off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member