SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 #27***ARREST**

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It makes me sad to see another thread here and Heather hasn't been found. Since Sunday is a slow news day, I'm hoping for some fresh material this coming week.

I am so hoping LE has so much evidence to go through and possible witnesses to speak to that keeping it all under wraps and sealed will give the best results.

However, if there is anything where there is no trail to a logical end, I would hope LE would put out a few teasers for us to follow up.

Speaking of news, are inmates allowed to read the newspapers, or do they only get outside information via their attorneys? Just wondering if the news report that police in the Summerville area maybe helping with the investigation has rattled the Moorers cages.

Yes, the reporter does say Heather left with the Moorers. Reporters should not be 'interpreting'. WMBF appears to be doing that a lot. The LE officials interviewed spoke of both evidence and DNA but did not say where either was located. They seem to be misspeaking on that too. They just need to let the case unfold in due course. We can wait, right? Public's right to know should not trump the investigation or the prosecution of the case, imo.

BBM

That's what reporters do.

That's what we do when we read a news article, magazine, book, or watch the News on TV; or view a television show, movie, or perform any mundane task. We are constantly interpreting. Our brains cognitively process information and construe meaning and understanding from what it is we are reading, watching, or doing.

I understand what you are trying to say @LBDunes and I do agree with you but, when it comes to hard core evidence, that cannot be disputed.

Everyone interprets things differently. That's one of the unique things that make us all "human". I won't get into politics or religion here but, those are subjects that are up for interpretation that can be debated tirelessly and endlessly. However, if you insert facts, evidence, and science, then there is not much room left for an argument.

What I am getting at here is that the Reporter made a statement based off of what the Police Chief said based off of the evidence found (DNA in one of M's vehicles and other additional evidence collected). That, it was concluded from the evidence collected:

• Heather drove herself to PTL
  • Heather was kidnapped
  • Heather was killed at PTL
  • Heather left with the M's
Without that supporting evidence, there would not have been an arrest made for obstruction of justice, kidnapping, and ultimately murder. Fact.

So, interpret it as you will.

Transcribed by me from video:

But, based on the evidence, Heather drove herself to Peachtree Landing then, left with the Moorers.

Chief Rhodes confirming there was evidence discovered in at least one of the Moorer's trucks, both parked in the drive when I spoke with Sidney 10 days ago.

Posted: Feb 24, 2014 10:19 AM EST
Warrants: Heather Elvis kidnapped, murdered at Peachtree Landing

Speaking of news, are inmates allowed to read the newspapers, or do they only get outside information via their attorneys? Just wondering if the news report that police in the Summerville area maybe helping with the investigation has rattled the Moorers cages.
BBM: I wondered that same thing yesterday, with the release of the article about Heather being "The Community's Daughter."

As with all other news reporting, please take this for what it might be worth... but this is the first time I have seen a trial date reported.

URL REMOVED

Case in point. The interpretations from *x*m*ner.com as well as other websites are not viewed as reliable or credible sources here on WS.

i am usually the first one to respect and value our rights as americans, but for some reason the idea of waterboarding the ms sounds like a great idea right about now. They've stalled long enough.

I know that is not the answer, but how dare they withhold the truth from heather's family. Every day must be absolute torture for those who love her.

The ms are the lowest form of humans imho. I wish they would have stayed in their fantasy land. The world would be better off.

^^^ this ^^^

From this article from February 24th,

"Elvis family members didn’t speak during the hearing, but one or more family members plan to address the court during the March 17 hearing, Elder said."

Also, for the previous comment about June 27th being a trial date,in this article it states:

"Bond was set at $20,000 each on the obstruction and exposure charges on Saturday. A May 2 court date was scheduled for those charges, with trial on those charges tentatively set for June 27."

http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/crime/article_9134b14e-9d67-11e3-a5f5-0017a43b2370.html

This is sortof off topic, but not totally.

Does anyone know anything about grand juries? Like, would a grand jury have been called in order to be able to charge the Ms with murder? (Like in the Holly Bobo case) When is a grand jury required and when is it not? Does it depend on the state?

My goodness, it's time for Heather to come home. Maybe today will be the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BBM: I wondered that same thing yesterday, with the release of the article about Heather being "The Community's Daughter."

Depending on what part of the jail they're being held in, they likely don't have access to newspapers, but they might have access to television in their block's dayroom which probably shows the news. I wonder what it's like to see themselves portrayed on the news with everyone else they're locked up with looking on?

Depending on what part of the jail they're being held in, they likely don't have access to newspapers, but they might have access to television in their block's dayroom which probably shows the news. I wonder what it's like to see themselves portrayed on the news with everyone else they're locked up with looking on?

I believe LE has them separated from everyone else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That was a lovely article and glad those little vignettes about Heather were shared with us.

I hope that Heather's found soon and without the help of SM/TM. No deals and DP is left on the table.

Case in point. The interpretations from *x*m*ner.com as well as other websites are not viewed as reliable or credible sources here on WS.

With respect, PTF - shouldn't actual evidence in the case be interpreted by a jury? The reporter really was not interpreting when speaking of DNA. He stated where the DNA was, when that had not been spoken to by LE. There are very huge implications dependent upon whether DNA or other evidence was found in the vehicle or the home. It is just mho that credible news should state facts.

With respect, PTF - shouldn't actual evidence in the case be interpreted by a jury? The reporter really was not interpreting when speaking of DNA. He stated where the DNA was, when that had not been spoken to by LE. There are very huge implications dependent upon whether DNA or other evidence was found in the vehicle or the home. It is just mho that credible news should state facts.

AGREED! IMO (MOO!) - The news media in our area has been less than accurate at times and making presumptions/assumptions. I understand the need for coverage and also ratings, but I wish they would have taken more care in accurate, factual reporting.

BBM

That's what reporters do.

That's what we do when we read a news article, magazine, book, or watch the News on TV; or view a television show, movie, or perform any mundane task. We are constantly interpreting. Our brains cognitively process information and construe meaning and understanding from what it is we are reading, watching, or doing.

I understand what you are trying to say @LBDunes and I do agree with you but, when it comes to hard core evidence, that cannot be disputed.

Everyone interprets things differently. That's one of the unique things that make us all "human". I won't get into politics or religion here but, those are subjects that are up for interpretation that can be debated tirelessly and endlessly. However, if you insert facts, evidence, and science, then there is not much room left for an argument.

What I am getting at here is that the Reporter made a statement based off of what the Police Chief said based off of the evidence found (DNA in one of M's vehicles and other additional evidence collected). That, it was concluded from the evidence collected:

• Heather drove herself to PTL
    [*]Heather was kidnapped
    [*]Heather was killed at PTL
    [*]Heather left with the M's
Without that supporting evidence, there would not have been an arrest made for obstruction of justice, kidnapping, and ultimately murder. Fact.

So, interpret it as you will.

:tyou:

Yes, the reporter does say Heather left with the Moorers. Reporters should not be 'interpreting'. WMBF appears to be doing that a lot. The LE officials interviewed spoke of both evidence and DNA but did not say where either was located. They seem to be misspeaking on that too. They just need to let the case unfold in due course. We can wait, right? Public's right to know should not trump the investigation or the prosecution of the case, imo.

LE has control over what the public knows about the investigation. If the media has it wrong, LE is free to correct the media and can do so without harming the case. Happens all the time in police statements. And, independent journalists or other media outlets are free to write a better article, or separate the facts from speculation and innuendo.

I don't always agree with the methods of the press. But I would rather see some stupidity and sloppiness from a free press, than limited or pre-determined remarks by a muzzled press.

BBM

:waitasec: *I believe you quoted the wrong comment by me. I'm assuming you are referring to post #42?

Yes. Ultimately, the evidence will be interpreted by a jury. But, during the initial investigation, evidence must be collected and presented to a judge in order to obtain a search warrant, an arrest and a prosecution that will hold up in court. During this time, it is interpreted/analyzed/processed by LE to build a case which allows for the aforementioned actions to take place.

OK, so the Reporter was reporting on what was told directly to them from the Police Chief and the Police Captain. Agreed. No need for interpretation or argument here.

It was stated by the Police Chief in the WMBF video that evidence was found in one of the M's *trucks (2:20) and that DNA was found (2:56).

*Refer you to the parking lot thread for additional supporting answers.

Agree, responsible news reporting should be accurate and factual. Unfortunately, there has been a lack of information from LE in this case. And, I'm not just talking about releasing evidence that would hurt the case. Since December, I have been pleading for anything from LE to simply keep the community abreast with the investigation; some reassurance that they are doing their due diligence.

There have also been many lulls in new developments surrounding this case — which is not uncommon for a crime of this nature. So, being that the News outlets have very little to go on at times, they tend to go after stories to fill their pages. Sometimes, they may reach a bit too far for a story line, IMO. That's when facts may be construed, twisted, or completely wrong altogether.

AGREED! IMO (MOO!) - The news media in our area has been less than accurate at times and making presumptions/assumptions. I understand the need for coverage and also ratings, but I wish they would have taken more care in accurate, factual reporting.

See above. :dance:

BBM

:waitasec: *I believe you quoted the wrong comment by me. I'm assuming you are referring to post #42?

Yes. Ultimately, the evidence will be interpreted by a jury. But, during the initial investigation, evidence must be collected and presented to a judge in order to obtain a search warrant, an arrest and a prosecution that will hold up in court. During this time, it is interpreted/analyzed/processed by LE to build a case which allows for the aforementioned actions to take place.

OK, so the Reporter was reporting on what was told directly to them from the Police Chief and the Police Captain. Agreed. No need for interpretation or argument here.

It was stated by the Police Chief in the WMBF video that evidence was found in one of the M's *trucks (2:20) and that DNA was found (2:56).

*Refer you to the parking lot thread for additional supporting answers.

Agree, responsible news reporting should be accurate and factual. Unfortunately, there has been a lack of information from LE in this case. And, I'm not just talking about releasing evidence that would hurt the case. Since December, I have been pleading for anything from LE to simply keep the community abreast with the investigation; some reassurance that they are doing their due diligence.

There have also been many lulls in new developments surrounding this case — which is not uncommon for a crime of this nature. So, being that the News outlets have very little to go on at times, they tend to go after stories to fill their pages. Sometimes, they may reach a bit too far for a story line, IMO. That's when facts may be construed, twisted, or completely wrong altogether.

See above. :dance:

This.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members