SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 #29***ARREST**

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm finally all caught up, even though I haven't been downstairs yet to check out what's going on down there. I'll do that after my brain recovers from reading everything that I've read tonight.

One thing that keeps sticking out to me, is one thing that I think we keep getting hung up on and that is the quote about LE saying that Heather was kidnapped and murdered at PTL. I need to go back and look, because I don't know if this is a quote from a reporter or if this was from the police report. If it was from a reporter, then it possibly could have been interpreted wrong. If it is directly from the police report, then it is possible that is actually just a misuse of grammar and sentence structure. I have read many police report over the years, and they are not all created equal. Many officers have great writing skills, and it's evident in their reports. Just as many officers, though, do not have great writing skills, and it is also evident in the report. (Misuse of punctuation, poor sentence structure, etc.) I have been on quite a few cases that the report was as clear as mud until time for trial when the officer gave deposition or testified on the stand and cleared up what he had actually written.

IMO, I think that Heather WAS kidnapped from PTL, and that the murder did not actually happen on the ground at PTL. JMO but I think it (the murder) may have begun at PTL but ended somewhere speeding down the road. I speculate that SM was driving the truck, and Heather jumped in with her phone and her purse expecting to go for a ride with SM to talk. I also think that TM was lying in wait in the backseat and that Heather did not see her until after she was already in the truck and the truck was moving. Even more, I do not think that they shot her. It is my opinion that people who show off with guns are usually the people that don't actually use the guns. I also think that TM would have gotten satisfaction in having SM watch while she murdered Heather.

Several people have mentioned strangulation, but I think it was a little bit different, more like suffocation and asphyxiation. Plastic bags are actually very good murder weapons, especially in big strong hands that come at you from behind. They are also very easily disposed of. It could have been fast but not so fast that TM didn't get her 'revenge satisfaction' that I see her wanting. I can also imagine TM telling SMS to 'break her phone!' while she was busy with Heather.

I hate speculating. I hate throwing out new possibilities knowing that Heather has family here reading and what I say could give them more thought and in turn, more pain. I'm sorry. Please know I want her found. To come home. And I want these deceptive monsters to get exactly what is coming to them.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Why wasn't TM charged with Lying in wait along with the murder charge? Lying in wait qualifies for the death penalty.

So the shooting charges are likely true? I believed so from the start. It also sounds like the 39 calls was due to constant trespassing and harassment. I hope nothing was planted.
I missed where they said the 39 calls were due to trespassing and harassment. Do you happen to have a link somewhere that says that, or is that your interpretation?

Did SM tell his lawyer about his "probation"? TIA

If I remember this correctly (long day) SM told LE about his probation after his arrest, I believe his attorney brought this up to show that he was cooperating.

Finding out about the handcuffed to the bed for 6 months makes is even more bizarre. She really did wear the pants in the family and he was whipped. There is part of me that wonders why he didn't just leave her, part of me wonders why she even wanted him anymore, and then part of me remembers all the women in abusive relationships that don't leave. I guess the same thing applies to men as they do women.

She seems to have had total control over him, which is why I still marvel over him having the gonads to have an affair on her. He had to know this was not going to turn out well. This friend of mine use to say SDNC. Stiff d***, no conscience. Sorry if I've violated rules with that or if I offend anyone. It certainly does pertain to this case though.

Very well said Seajay. I've been thinking along the same lines.

FWIW-When you homeschool, you don't have to do it during any specific hours. You don't even have to school for any set amount of hours. You just have to show that your children have learned what it is they need to learn for their specific age in your specific state. We homechooled our children at various times for various reasons (one year the only teacher available to DD was an emotional wreck-our daughter asked to be homeschooled that year). Some subjects were taught after one parent got home from work. The half year our son was homeschooled, he was finished with everything he needed to learn in a month and a half (it's so much faster with one rather than 30 in a class). He had 3 and a half months left of the school year to do whatever (in his case, we taught him programming and marine science).

My 9 cousins were/are all homeschooled, so I am familiar with it. Clu suggested he may have worked nights. Personally, I am not sure I believed she went with him to work every day. But, that's JMO. Say she did, I think it's more likely they went at night, then during the day. At night, no one else would really be there. During the day, the places would be full. Everyone says on here what liars they are (and I agree), so I am surprised anyone believes it. I feel this may be a tactic of some kind to spin a defense. I don't buy it.

I missed where they said the 39 calls were due to trespassing and harassment. Do you happen to have a link somewhere that says that, or is that your interpretation?

My post says "It sounds like" so just a theory. But if they were being shot at, people showing up on their property too sounds likely.

Which just about proves she was the one updating his FB page like has been speculated on all along.

Yes!!! I am hoping from SM revealing this, which doesn't show he is much of a man, he will talk more. If his lawyer says "he liked Heather" as he stated when he said SM had no motive, he should speak up for her and tell what happened and where she is. This is so heartbreaking.

Why wasn't TM charged with Lying in wait along with the murder charge? Lying in wait qualifies for the death penalty.

Good question. I don't know. I can be way wrong, totally off base but I just think deep down she was lying in wait. Could more charges be added later? They could if SM starts talking more, right?

What will it take to make the accused reveal where Heather is?
They've been charged and arrested and denied bond....why won't they just
say where they put Heather?

You're making perfect sense...You're curious as to why the different wording between the actual verbiage on their respective charges.
As in, Tammy lied about herself AND Sidney, whereas he only lied about himself.
That's moo.o

Sent from my KFTHWI

Question. If SM told authorities about TM involvement as in he said she did it and he didn't know anything about what she did and TM lied about both of their involvement would we know that he ratted out TM at this point or could the prosecution be holding that back?

Is that even a possibility?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good question. I don't know. I can be way wrong, totally off base but I just think deep down she was lying in wait. Could more charges be added later? They could if SM starts talking more, right?

We can only hope the longer he is away from TM and the hold that she and her family have on him, he will open up more with his lawyer.

I know it's been said before, but after reading the past many pages here it is really bothering me how much people keep trying to diminish Sidney's role in this. It doesn't matter how domineering his wife is, he is at least as involved as she is.

JMO we have all seen cases where an abused person gets a light sentence and generally, only women. For myself, I try to keep an open mind that SM could have been an abused spouse at this point, and possibly was being threatened with his own life. I don't know if this is the case, but it does not seem out of the realm of possibility. However he seems to have certainly lied to police to cover up, etc.

Anyway, I have trouble seeing a motive on SM's part if he was not under some sort of threat to himself, or maybe even to children. TM seems like she would stop at nothing. Not trying to give him the benefit of the doubt, or defending him, but I am not convinced he participated as eagerly, shall we say, as perhaps TM did.

Also not convinced he knows where Heather is, as he does not appear strong enough to withhold much for long.
JMO

If I remember this correctly (long day) SM told LE about his probation after his arrest, I believe his attorney brought this up to show that he was cooperating.

Well, i hope SM giving up this very embarrassing info and telling LE about TM texting Heather is a sign that he is slowly cracking and will very soon tell them where Heather is. I can only hope & pray:please:

Given what they know- it's easier to make a case for kidnapping than it is for the lying in wait. That will require more specific evidence (that they may not want to divulge right now) and they didn't need that charge for the arrest.

I have always been confused by LE stating she was killed there and then TE driving her car home. Correct me on that, but I thought that was confirmed by the VI. He stated within 10-20 mins he knew something was wrong and we know he drove her car home. LE states she was killed there. This is why I don't think at that time they found anything because if they did, I don't think they would have let him drive it home. I hope they wouldn't have because that could hurt the prosecution.
I understand what you mean. I was thinking, however, that something was found at PTL that was not in the car, but probably on the ground. Something that might have fallen out of a purse, like a wallet, or a credit card, or a lipstick. That kind of thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliviamadyy