SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
May I reference a post on her findheatherelvis facebook page?

I'm still trying to catch up on the older threads, but where the car was found made me curious. Considering no official word on the pings from the phone,(correct me if I'm wrong here) , I wonder why her mother thought she was at home? Did she specifically say so or just say she was no longer on her date? The reason I say this is that it's possible she assumed this in the conversation, we all do this at times-think Brittanee Drexel's mother when she was told "I'm at the beach." Dawn assumed she meant the beach in Rochester, NY due to the weather that day. It could be that Heather never went home and was in her car.
The other thing that sticks out to me is leaving her license on the seat. I don't see her doing this and then going home separately without her ID. Although it's possible she could have left home after talking to her mother and then placed her ID there. I would also have to agree with the person (my apologies for not recalling who)that posted about her possibly being approached by LE or someone she believed was LE.
Sorry for my rambling, I just had to get my thoughts out while I could remember them all.

JMO ONLY

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bbm

That would fit. The fake cop signals to pull her over into the parking area and comes up to the car, she opens the window a crack, he demands her license (as would be expected), and when she opens the window wide enough to hand it to him, he grabs her and the license flips somewhere into the car. (speculation on my part)

I wanted to chime in a few days ago but had to go through the approval part. I have several years experience in Active LE. I also use to live at MB for several years awhile back.

I followed Brittanee's case on WS last year and it is heart breaking. And then when HE went missing this really bothered me.

So it is my time to add some perspective from someone in LE. And being new to the rules of WS I am going to try and do this correct.

I am not part of and am no way associated with HCPD. But I can tell you they are a top notch agency. Tons of people have posted general ideas and suggestions that I can guarantee HCPD investigated within the first hours of the case. And a few others of you have come up with some interesting ideas and possible motives or clues. And then you have the criminal justice people with no field experience that offer their suggestions based upon the book they studied. :love you:

When I first started following the case, my information was only from the FB page that HE family provided. And what information the media provided. Me following the case is mainly for my own person use and nothing official I will not get involved nor attempt to get any information from any of the LE officials working on the case.

Not to mention LE people have families too and we have hearts that get hurt and burden by stuff we see happening everyday.

So with all of that said and done with here are some troubling things I have seen.

Last night I spent an hour or two reading every twitter post on HE account which is public. I do not have any access to her private FB postings as others have got to view.

What I can tell you is I believe the answer to this case is in her twitter or FB account.

HE left nothing behind on her twitter posts. She voiced her opinion very boldly. Not that this should take the innocence away from her that the findheatherelvis page shows.

Before reading the WB postings from others and mainly reading the FB missing page and media reports it appeared to be something bad. And of course criminal.

And as it still most likely is a criminal act I now wonder if she possibly choose to leave ? or finally had enough ? Who knows. Based upon her twitter post, if something criminal happened to HE I guarantee you she put up one hell of a fight.

And if you look closer this began around January of 2013.

Several have expressed anger of why LE isn't releasing any information about the case. Trust me when I say they have so so so much more information that cannot be made public for several reasons in which I will not go any further with.

And trust me when I say when I have investigated my prior cases I always goes to social media and google. These web forums are awesome and you can find tons of information on these sites to assist in an investigation and yes personally I have gone to WS in the past while working on cases. So rest assure everything y'll discuss in here we look at and thank you very much.

bbm

That would fit. The fake cop signals to pull her over into the parking area and comes up to the car, she opens the window a crack, he demands her license (as would be expected), and when she opens the window wide enough to hand it to him, he grabs her and the license flips somewhere into the car. (speculation on my part)

Would a fake cop take the time to lock the doors or roll up a window

Isn't this the same LE agency that notified Brittany Drexel's mother that bones were discovered without even waiting for any identification? They turned out to be from a 20 year old man..totally unprofessional judgement was used in the thought process imo. This may partially explain the things or lack of things they do.

LE has gotten to know Dawn Drexel because she's led an active search for her daughter Brittanee for 4 years now, out of respect for her I would hope LE would phone her to prepare her for the outcome instead of hearing it elsewhere. The remains were believed to have been there 4 years or so, that would have been around the time Brittanee went missing. The officers come to know the families of the missing, they are often parents or grandparents too and have a birds eye view of the pain and anguish that the public gets a very small glimpse of. If I were in Dawn Drexel's shoes I'd rather hear from a LE officer with the possibilities than hear about it on the news or internet.

boat section (which i can understand given where her car was found), but all 3 other postings are in cars/trucks/motorcycles for sale by owner
that is only spots it appears

I am not really familiar with CL, but is there a more appropriate section? Like, one for missing people? Or... IDK... am I making sense?

ETA: I just looked- yes, I am thinking "Events" or even "lost & Found" or "General"... I see several other categories that would be fitting, more so than vehicles... hmm?

Interesting indeed. I think I recognize the 1st phone number from the FHE Facebook page. It also says "Our Facebook page" & is written in all caps (i've seen posts in all caps from TE in the past).

I wonder if there's a meaning behind 2015 Chevy listing on CL. They are leaving no stone unturned. Bless them.

Just thinking out loud.....
:moo:

Agree. Imo. The family is doing their very best to inform people and Craigslist is another outlet. All moo, but I think everyone (family, le, cue) is puzzled at how/why the vehicle ended up at PTL. There are tons of other places to meet someone besides a creepy, dark boat landing. One thing is certain, she did not evaporate into thin air. There must be a tangible clue somewhere that's been overlooked or someone doesn't think their tip is worth phoning into the tip line. Again. All jmho.

I am not really familiar with CL, but is there a more appropriate section? Like, one for missing people? Or... IDK... am I making sense?

ETA: I just looked- yes, I am thinking "Events" or even "lost & Found" or "General"... I see several other categories that would be fitting, more so than vehicles... hmm?

I think the audience they are going for May not have a fb account or be browsing the lost and found on cl. My thought is they they are trying to get the word out to the folks who aren't on social media sites etc. JMO, there may be a reason that it is specifically in the car/ truck section, but if it were me... Trying to reach anyone and everyone that may have some information I would not just put it under lost and found or missing persons...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think the audience they are going for May not have a fb account or be browsing the lost and found on cl. My thought is they they are trying to get the word out to the folks who aren't on social media sites etc. JMO, there may be a reason that it is specifically in the car/ truck section, but if it were me... Trying to reach anyone and everyone that may have some information I would not just put it under lost and found or missing persons...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I actually found it under lost and found as well, and also I think local news. I think it should also be in some of the ones for job postings related to modelling! ie the one with PR in it, and tv/film/web etc.

Directed towards Ladyhawkke: I am glad to see you join us again. I pray for the family every day and my family has offered support via April. As for the information being told, yes please share with LE. I hope it's not something I said (because I'm also trying very hard not to tip off any perp who might be on here) but even if it is I'd rather it fully explored!

I actually think the boats for sale section is a brilliant idea to post it in. People looking to buy a boat and run across that may jar their memory to having been on the water around PTL at that time or knowing other boaters, etc.

I suppose the car section is a well read section, but what concerns me is how that ties to her photographs taken at car shows on cars.
I could be totally out in left field here, but I wonder if that placement in the classified section was random or if they may make the same connections I do?
jmo of course.

Heather--- where are you??:please:

Ok, just wanted to let everyone know that I think I have a clear understanding on posting info from facebook.

We can link to and paraphrase as long as it is about the case. If its about search information you can copy and paste that if you want to. If its from the media you can link to & copy and paste. Hope this helps.

:tyou:

:bump: from page #1 (I'm on Tapatalk so it might be a different page # on your device :blushing: )

Anyhow, I do believe this is the latest on what we can do regarding Facebook - via Imamaze.

Correct me if I'm wrong... :)

Hope this helps!

My point was that there are other missing persons cases that are active yet she was notified...we didn't hear from anyone else except Ms. Drexel.

The Drexel's may not have been the only family that was contacted. Dawn Drexel uses every opportunity the media provides her, she is her daughter's biggest advocate. Whose to say the media contacted any of the other families that went missing around that time?

The only other scenerio I can come up with is she took someone down to the boat landing. Perhaps that person was meeting someone and she was just put in a bad situation

Would a fake cop take the time to lock the doors or roll up a window

I didn't hear that had been the case. But it's also possible she was asked to step out. Like I said before I'm not assuming this is what happened just occurred to me as an option. I am more include though to think that was her last known location though & not her house. Makes more sense. JMO.

I think you can say something like 'check out a post made about an hour ago, under the recent posts by others'... Something like that.

LE has gotten to know Dawn Drexel because she's led an active search for her daughter Brittanee for 4 years now, out of respect for her I would hope LE would phone her to prepare her for the outcome instead of hearing it elsewhere. The remains were believed to have been there 4 years or so, that would have been around the time Brittanee went missing. The officers come to know the families of the missing, they are often parents or grandparents too and have a birds eye view of the pain and anguish that the public gets a very small glimpse of. If I were in Dawn Drexel's shoes I'd rather hear from a LE officer with the possibilities than hear about it on the news or internet.

I completely agree. BDs family was going to find out from the news, FB, public, etc, it's better she have an LE give her the consideration of a call first. I would bet it's not the first time she's had that call either with as many times as bones have been recovered in MB since BD went missing.

If he was trying to make it look like she left on her own, he might.

My only problem with the fake cop thing is why go into the boat landing. Would't you just pull over to the side of the road.

My only problem with the fake cop thing is why go into the boat landing. Would't you just pull over to the side of the road.

That's what a real cop would do, I'm sure, but the fake cop would probably want to be farther away from the road so people driving by wouldn't see him?

I don't think I believe that's what happened, but it does seem to fit what we know what's been going on in the region recently.

He has mentioned the other family on FB, here: https://www.facebook.com/findheatherelvis/posts/226627060843357

Which also tells us she has a brother and a sister (I believe it's older brother, younger sister IIRC.)

I had also heard at one point it's her step-dad technically, but have heard nothing about her bio-dad even being in the picture so that's very questionable. Then again, could be her bio-dad doesn't know she exists depending on circumstances. If that's even accurate.

And in this article her mother isn't quoted, but is named as a source of information:

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/24273...uffer&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=Buffer

Let me clear all this up for you. Heather has an older brother and a younger sister. There's nothing questionable about her parents. There isn't a step-dad. Her mother and father have been happily married for many years. Heather has a VERY loving and supportive family who are devastated by her disappearance. Her mother, sister and father were interviewed by local media and the clip was aired. Sorry, I don't have a link for it. I didn't watch it as I saw it in real time and didn't want to re-live it and cry again. I'm sure many will ask...why wasn't her brother included in the interview? It's simple..he lives in another state. But, I can assure you, he is just as devastated as my brother~which is obvious from what you see in videos and what you read on the FindHeatherElvis Facebook page. No, her mother isn't as vocal as her father but is aiding in many, many ways behind the scenes.

I will say this, I've read all the posts about Heather and the one that 'stuck in my mind' was (and I'm not quoting exactly) "I hope we're not getting tunnel vision". And, to that I say, Bravo! GREAT thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member