SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 #30***ARREST**

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a word picker. When LE says that all "phone data" ends instead of all "phone activity" ends, I have to wonder about the choice of words. (Like the difference between "I'm innocent" and "I didn't do it.")

Cellular data defined here:
http://www.pcmag.com/encyclopedia/term/59751/cellular-data
"The transmission of non-voice data via cellphone, which is an extra-cost subscription service beyond voice calling. The primary types of cellular data are e-mail messages and Web pages. Although not voice, text messaging (SMS) generally does not fall into the cellular data service,..."

By this definition, Voice (calls) and texts do not fall within Cellular Data. Therefore, if LE chose their words carefully, there could have been texts after 3:41. Or pings off of cell towers. But there was no web access or emails.

That's why I think the way I do.

I agree with your definition. I think of smart phones needing a data plan (internet, some apps, email etc) And the simple phones (before the advent of smart phones) that just make calls and text do not need a data plan. No data activity on simple phones -- they just call and text.
So for them to say no phone data I equate that to the capabilities of a simple phone. Although you can turn off data activity on smart phones. I do not think HE's data was turned off just that it wasn't used. I'm hoping it was still pinging.
I agree that it makes more sense to say no phone activity if the phone is dead or disabled.

JMO, I can't knit pick the words used in PC's and articles so much...it would drive me crazy. Sometimes the person may be one who chooses every word with care, and sometimes not.

I'm not sure the skids are important ... JMO. I see skids everywhere ... Especially in the south!! My ex used to do them for fun... ??? I know ... Don't get me started! Lol and when a large vehicle skids, it is loud!! I'm not familiar with area, but wouldn't people nearby have heard? Tire tracks in mud would be more useful in my opinion. Just what I am thinking ....

LE must have asked neighbors about hearing anything out of the ordinary, without asking leading questions like " did you hear any racing engines or burning tires?" or "Did you hear any gunshots?" . Yep, here in the south neither is out of the ordinary, unfortunately!

The weight of the box would cause it to sink. .

RSBM: First you have to find out the model of the tool box- some float due to being surprisingly light weight, and some are sealed- so they float too- also some are bolted in- some are set in. Some are so heavy those 2 could not lift it out of the bed empty.

Can anyone come up with a logical explanation for this time-line. Only two minutes between the time the truck passes and the time Heather's phone stops sending data signals. The truck was not even at PTL at 3:39. Makes no sense at all to me.

At 3:41 a.m. Elvis’ phone stops sending data signals to cell phone towers or to a GPS backup connected to a Google account, Elder said.

At the business, which is a mile from the first camera and closer to the landing, the vehicle passes at 3:39 a.m.

Remember ,the videos show the M's truck driving to the landing at a sedate speed. The truck pulls up next to Heather's car and the driver leans over and opens the passenger side door for her to get in ( have they rigged the interior light not to come on?). She gets in. Driver backs straight back to the opposite side of the lot and begins the turn back toward Peachtree road, gunning it full throttle as he completes the turn. Skidding tires, some loss of control maybe, but no concern for oncoming traffic as it is 3:40 in the morning and the road is empty. Poof * she's gone

All of this is on video?

I agree that it's clear that Heather was at the PTL at the time in question with what has been released so far. LE has her phone and car at that location. There may be even more evidence to support her being their that we haven't seen yet. MOO.
But does LE really have HRE at that location with her phone and car?

I agree with your definition. I think of smart phones needing a data plan (internet, some apps, email etc) And the simple phones (before the advent of smart phones) that just make calls and text do not need a data plan. No data activity on simple phones -- they just call and text.
So for them to say no phone data I equate that to the capabilities of a simple phone. Although you can turn off data activity on smart phones. I do not think HE's data was turned off just that it wasn't used. I'm hoping it was still pinging.
I agree that it makes more sense to say no phone activity if the phone is dead or disabled.

Excellent point on the data plan on phones!!! That, to me, makes sense! Data different than a ping/ activity ... Could be.

I'm going to request the Bond hearing transcript tomorrow. I'm unsure whether they'll mail it to me/via email/etc. Does anyone know offhand?
Sure hope it's not pickup only...long ride from Chitown...

Sent from my KFTHWI

I hope they found good evidence and they are not including referring family pictures and journal entries. The defense can paint a story that she wanted to learn more about his girlfriend and it turned into an obsession because the family harassed her (her story), blah blah. Unless the journal entries said they did it, but i would be surprised. If they had her purse, keys, or phone that doesn't prove murder but that would be difficult to explain why it was in their home. I can't think of anyway the defense could get out of that one.

I think what the state has to do is prove who was driving that vehicle. Just because it is their car, doesn't mean they were in the car and doesn't mean they were both in the car. So, it has to be proven that they were in it. If that can't do then I am really struggling how they are going to tie them to this unless her DNA was in the truck and it was from being killed. Well, then they still have to prove who did they killing. They could have got someone else to do it. I thought that for a long time.

Even if LE can't prove who was in the vehicle and/or who was driving, etc., wouldn't the M's still more or less be held responsible due to the fact the vehicle is registered to them? Just wondering how this would work. Any ideas any one?

If you have the M's vehicle chosen to match via tires or wheels, special type lights on it, tool box (obvious out of 81 that were inspected) on video to and from PTL, backed up with phone messages that coincide with the last time Heather had contact with anyone, her phone last pinged at that almost exact time, plus DNA, I can see the charges. Top it off with a picture of the M's holding a gun in a photo posted not long after those times, plus death revealed in hair band or blood etc...that is heavy circumstantial and direct evidence but the most damaging hasn't even been revealed. Not counting the handcuffed SM and all. jmo

Can anyone come up with a logical explanation for this time-line. Only two minutes between the time the truck passes and the time Heather's phone stops sending data signals. The truck was not even at PTL at 3:39. Makes no sense at all to me.

She saw the trucks headlights coming and shut her phone down before it got there?

LE must have asked neighbors about hearing anything out of the ordinary, without asking leading questions like " did you hear any racing engines or burning tires?" or "Did you hear any gunshots?" . Yep, here in the south neither is out of the ordinary, unfortunately!

Yes!! I hear gun shots frequently, but lots of hunting goes on here. I'm now desensitized and wouldn't remember a gun shot yesterday for certain. Same with skids ... Common on our road too as it is a dead end. JMO

But does LE really have HRE at that location with her phone and car?

For me, it is logical to say yes. She had spoken to her friend on that phone two hours earlier. The phone was tracked to her address until she left home. She is the one now missing, since that very hour of 3/18. Enough for me to say, yes, she was the one who took that same phone to PTL and was never seen again.

At 2:29 a.m. , she called the payphone back, but no one answered. Elvis, who was still at her home, then called Sidney Moorer’s cell phone at 3:16 a.m. and again a minute later

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/20...imony-weaves-tale-of-lives.html#storylink=cpy

What did HRE do for 45 minutes? This time span is important. What if she wasn't alone during that time? And what if the next call to SM's phone wasn't from HRE at all?

At 2:29 a.m. , she called the payphone back, but no one answered. Elvis, who was still at her home, then called Sidney Moorer’s cell phone at 3:16 a.m. and again a minute later

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/20...imony-weaves-tale-of-lives.html#storylink=cpy

What did HRE do for 45 minutes? This time span is important. What if she wasn't alone during that time? And what if the next call to SM's phone wasn't from HRE at all?

Tumblr .. Maybe other SM sites ... Thinking ... Just my thoughts.

She was on tumblr, for one. Someone posted the times earlier this evening, but it fits in here.

she got off Social media/internet

I agree that it's clear that Heather was at the PTL at the time in question with what has been released so far. LE has her phone and car at that location. There may be even more evidence to support her being their that we haven't seen yet. MOO.

What about the dog? Is that allowed in court?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste