SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 #30***ARREST**

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Two questions for all...

When do you think the trial will be? Do you think this is going to be one of those cases that takes 3-5+ years to get to the trial? I think that if there are not many delays, it could start as early as the beginning of 2015.

Also, do you think the trial will get a lot of national coverage? I feel like the case has all the right ingredients, but as of right now, there hasn't been much national interest. You would think the media would want to get the public familiar with the players, the facts, sort of build up interest and anticipation in the case before the trial, instead of just bombarding everyone when the trial starts with a case most have never heard of.

Look at the Arias trial, that didn't have national coverage until just before the trial began and it snowballed rapidly. I think the length of time this one takes may depend on how much coverage it does get - more coverage = more time, more motions, more everything. But you're right, it does have all the necessary ingredients for HLN to cover it like they did Arias' if there's live cameras/streaming. Does SC allow cameras in the courtroom, anyone know?

Just moo

Good morning...busy busy beavers! Don't you guys sleep? Ever?

I have two questions for anyone that knows.
Was BW at the bond hearing?

Since we know SM disclosed some info to LE which was discussed at the hearing, the texts to Heather, his probations. Does the prosecution share this info with TM's attorney prior to the bond hearing? Are they required to share it? TIA

I believe SM and Heathers relationship was far more intense than TM would have us believe. Her actions tell us so.

When TM found out I think she became so unhinged that HE broke it off and SM tried to do anything to placate TM...out of fear of what she might do and fear of losing his SugarMama lifestyle.

Heather told SM she was "no one she had to worry about"....but TM wasn't buying that. I think she knew that her husband really cared for this beautiful girl. She knew the extent of his feelings. That's why a day or two later she had to let HE know that "Dad has no phone." She had to shut this down.

Then that is followed shortly after by prolonged family vacation. TM was not trusting him near Heather. Sometime in this period, TM demands that her husband be handcuffed to her bed. She absolutely saw HE as a tremendous ongoing threat to her marriage.

I think TM continued escalating in her anger on that trip. But in reality, Heather and SM supposedly had no further communication. So why , just days after returning, did TM feel she needed to send those sexts to Heather? It seems to me those obscene pictures were the beginning of the path that led to tragedy.

SM and HE had "let go" of each other. IT was TM who could not let go. That speaks to her knowledge of the depth of her husbands feelings IMO.

Yes I agree. I also am inclined to believe that Heather and SM had finished it after that Nov 5. But SM was so obsessed with it, she just couldn't get past it. So she probably still believe 100% that they were still involved in some way.

Maybe she realized they didn't break it off because they didn't want to be with each other but because of her actions. Kwim? Not sure if that makes any sense.

IMHO

Kelly

Someone mentioned trying to find a link to the One Tree Hill show since TM was an addict.
I'm now very concerned that my daughter is a OTH fan as well. She has all the seasons, has seen each episode many times, we've visited Wilmington to see the location of certain houses they use, and the river court, and we've stood around watching them shoot scenes when we stumbled upon filming by accident when we were down there.
So I'm going to enlist my daughters help to see if I give her the few details we have if she can think of a similarity to an episode of the show or some storyline. It's worth a shot. That show is filled with crazy characters and crazier storylines.

My daughter was also a OTH maniac back in about 2007. We both also were extras. They had a hotline you could register for and call every Thursday. If they needed extras you could sign up. I think we got $58. per day. We filmed all night long Friday thru Sunday. The food was amazing and it was really fun.

Does anyone know if any member of the Elvis family had reported or even recalled any suspicious activity before HE disappeared? Just wondering if TM had been physically following/stalking any of them or if she was just doing it online? TIA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My daughter was also a OTH maniac back in about 2007. We both also were extras. They had a hotline you could register for and call every Thursday. If they needed extras you could sign up. I think we got $58. per day. We filmed all night long Friday thru Sunday. The food was amazing and it was really fun.

Yes, I also knew someone who was an extra. Iirc it was about 50 something per day she was paid.

Kelly

I disagree. The prosecutions job is to prove the charges. They can't prove the case based on him coming in and solely confessing. If it was a crime the prosecution knew about, had evidence, and were lucky for the guilty party and questioned him then that would be different. But, I imagine that during questioning, he was attempting to establish an alibi and said I was having sex with my wife in a car. The defense will find a way to squash this statement, unless they have evidence it happen. Or he may chose to go with it, if he thinks it helps him get out of the murder, which I don't see how it does. This was a cheap way to lock them up, IMO. I am happy they got locked up, when they did, but I have and always do worry about how things have been done. I respect LE with every ounce of my being and fully believe in them and our justice system. I fully understand that sometimes guilty people walk and innocent people are in prison. Since the day I felt the Moorer's were involved and the way I saw LE handle things, I have had a bad feeling of how things may end in my gut. It all depends on how competent the defense lawyers are, judge and jury look at things.

This is all JMO.

Don't forget: The Crime reconstruction occurred the day after they moved the Mrs to Georgetowne...because of previous threats to SM...

The first call was definitely what started the ball in motion. Whether there was a plan set right then for murder, I don't think so. But I think when Heather was making the ride to PTL the plan was hatched and thats a little over 15 minutes ride, enough time to be considered malice aforethought.

for all we know, there may have been attempts at this situation prior to this night, but the stars were not lined up just right....

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

I keep seeing over and over the defense attorneys saying this is a circumstantial case. I want to say to them well DUH! :doh:

Almost all murder cases are circumstantial. There are rarely witnesses to murder. The evidence will tie it all together! :twocents:

I know that everyone says the 66 days was a sister's beauty pageant or something but that's what you were told. Only Heather knows what that meant imo. It added up to be a few days prior to the big weekend event that sm's family didn't have tickets to till tm begged them from the organization. I really feel she was dreaming of getting away to Fl and wdw with sm. Counting down days till a getaway seems more logical than to a pageant that your sister is in. Unless it was like a trip to New York and a Miss America contest.

I think Heather wanted to run away with sm in the past and wanted to the night of the 17th. I think that was sm's "Lure" his hook to get her to come to PTL. I wonder if any bag of hers is missing? Like an overnight bag? All imo.

Someone just mentioned something about the last time SM and HE saw each other was on November 5. The 66 days tweet by HE was also made on November 5. JMO

I know that everyone says the 66 days was a sister's beauty pageant or something but that's what you were told. Only Heather knows what that meant imo. It added up to be a few days prior to the big weekend event that sm's family didn't have tickets to till tm begged them from the organization. I really feel she was dreaming of getting away to Fl and wdw with sm. Counting down days till a getaway seems more logical than to a pageant that your sister is in. Unless it was like a trip to New York and a Miss America contest.
I think Heather wanted to run away with sm in the past and wanted to the night of the 17th. I think that was sm's "Lure" his hook to get her to come to PTL. I wonder if any bag of hers is missing? Like an overnight bag? All imo.

I can't imagine Heather would believe she could go with him on anything Disney-related...if she knew about the family obsession. Didn't the whole family go on that trip? And also, by the time she posted the 66 days, weren't they broken up? What date did she post that? Wasn't it right around Nov. 5th?

Someone just mentioned something about the last time SM and HE saw each other was on November 5. The 66 days tweet by HE was also made on November 5. JMO

Yup. And even if it was about the pageant, there is no way the "MRS" would know that and she would think it was about the marathon (which it could have been)

Someone mentioned trying to find a link to the One Tree Hill show since TM was an addict.
I'm now very concerned that my daughter is a OTH fan as well. She has all the seasons, has seen each episode many times, we've visited Wilmington to see the location of certain houses they use, and the river court, and we've stood around watching them shoot scenes when we stumbled upon filming by accident when we were down there.
So I'm going to enlist my daughters help to see if I give her the few details we have if she can think of a similarity to an episode of the show or some storyline. It's worth a shot. That show is filled with crazy characters and crazier storylines.

let me know, I just saw OTH episodes on vudu.... we just got roku and have a month free of all these stations. lord knows I'll have time to watch after tomorrow!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

I really believe the prosecution has to have more circumstantial evidence. There are gaps even with a lot of the things that came out in the bond hearing. For one - the motive. I mean, in the sense, why on this date, when Heather did not have contact with SM for over a month? What was his motive? I believe we all agree on her motive. I don't get it? Unless it was a thing where TM somehow talked him into it? I just don't get it from his vantage point. If he wanted to save the marriage and he had not seen Heather for some time, why not just profess that he is through with her and tell the woman he could not go along with it? They have to connect the dots better. I hope come trial time they do.

ITA. I think some gaps will be filled in during the prelim on March 28th

All of this is getting so confusing! We've got old info and new info mixed up with old rumors and new rumors, old speculations based on old info and new speculations based on old info. :scared:

I've decided that I am going to take the time to go back and re-read all of the recent articles that have been written since the bond hearing. Those articles seem so much more in-depth than many we've had in the past, and I'm guessing that's because the media finally has much more info to work with. Reporters are able to ask some relevant questions and get more in-depth info from officials now that so much was revealed in the bond hearing. I think it's important to note to myself that some of these newer articles also help dispel some of the old info where officials were purposefully vague. I realize they will still be vague when they have to, they are not going to reveal everything yet, but they have cleared up a lot of earlier info from the beginning of the investigation. :lookingitup:

I'm also going to take more time looking over OkieGranny's most recent timeline. Her timeline really helps put things into perspective. :loveyou:

My head hurts from information overload! :banghead:

:eek:uch:

Gotta go to work but this info about Heather seeing SM on November 5th is new info, correct? If so, then I have to believe that the 66 days refers to SM being free of the Mrs. Maybe, he was going to leave TM...get away and Heather would meet him somewhere. (Theory) It just so happens that Heather could say that it was her sister's pageant weekend, too...if anyone asked.

You could be right, but it doesn't prove she was killed at PTL. I mean...less than 6 minutes? Start to finish and back on the road? I don't see it.

This just popped in my head after I read your post.

What if the truck heading back to the Moorers was one of them going to pick up a boat or something else to help with the disposal of Heather? Or going to ask for help from TM's dad?

The other one stayed there with Heathers' body.

What do you think about this?

It now says it was a male body.

Yeah, they just updated it a little while ago. I didn't think it would end up being related, but a lot of landings here in Summerville (where the M's had/have family ties) feed into that particular river. IMO it would be pretty unlikely that they'd have brought her that far, but until the article said "male", I figured it was something to keep an eye on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
red carpet fiber