SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 #30***ARREST**

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have watched case after case go into the acquittal file because LE and/or the State prosecutors have left holes in theories you could drive a truck through and made huge errors on simple issues the jurors picked apart.

This case so far has an incredible element to it unless they can find a way to convince a jury that a kidnapping and a murder can take place in less than 4 minutes including driving off with the body. If LE locked themselves into this tight time frame, they have big issues to overcome.

Now am I calling LE/State Prosecutors liars? No. If they believe the State can win simply by putting the Moorers at the same place and time as HRE's last known location...I am saying they are mistaken. They better have a lot more evidence to tie this up because this time window is going to defeat them in the end. No recreation is going to account for a 20 year old fighting for her life and other elements occurring at the time of the crime. A drive by shooting where they drop a victim on the spot and go could fit, but it will never fit these circumstances in a juror's mind, imo.

They have already made a serious mistake with the dates in the hearing. These are exactly the kind of errors which can tank a case. If they can't get the dates correct of when a crime was committed, how can we (or jurors) trust the rest of their theory? They best get their act together before the next hearing.

Good post SS. I totally agree.

Really good point. Could be a raging TM and Heather fell and hurt herself/hit her head...something.

So the only planning was getting Heather to PTL, not so much the murder itself? Interesting thought!

Kelly

I completely agree. I think that SM was trying to actually get away and then TM found out. I think she went into a rage and maybe accidently killed her. Evil either way...just seems like maybe HE got into the truck with SM maybe with the intention of going somewhere to talk and TM ambushed them. Just MO, then SM freaked out at what happened and in order to not get in trouble he helped TM cover it up.

I also think the 5000.00 withdrawl could have allowed them to get far away to dispose of the body. Does anyone remember his FB page and he had the pic of the rocks on there posted on Dec 18 or 19 I think?? Make me believe she is near some rocks...just not sure where.

IMO...Sidney didn't care about Heather even enough to save her life. IMO....there is a lot of excuse making for Sidney. He's not a child. Wasn't a helpless bystander while having an extramarital affair. IMO...the story about being handcuffed, no phone, etc. came from Sidney. That is according to the DA. Is it true? Or, is that part of his defense tactic? It definitely feeds into the majority opinion of him being what? Helpless? Totally controlled by TM? Abused? He met police, when they responded to 911 calls, at the door armed! Controlled by TM? Really?

Agree to disagree

AMEN!!! I agree. Even if he did call her from the payphone, wanting to leave his wife, lure her to the boat landing or just messing with her because he found out she was dating.....he could have saved her and stopped the murder plain and simple.....if he cared at all about HE. All his being controlled is purely l speculation to me, as having an affair is a pretty ballsy move for any married person, yet he had an affair of many months with a young girl 20 years younger than him that he met at a job site. To me he is a opportunist that takes from people for his own needs. He may have used his wife to be a mommy figure and take care of him as he used poor HE for his own ego needs. Using people does not equate being controlled to me. JMO

I have watched case after case go into the acquittal file because LE and/or the State prosecutors have left holes in theories you could drive a truck through and made huge errors on simple issues the jurors picked apart.

This case so far has an incredible element to it unless they can find a way to convince a jury that a kidnapping and a murder can take place in less than 4 minutes including driving off with the body. If LE locked themselves into this tight time frame, they have big issues to overcome.

Now am I calling LE/State Prosecutors liars? No. If they believe the State can win simply by putting the Moorers at the same place and time as HRE's last known location...I am saying they are mistaken. They better have a lot more evidence to tie this up because this time window is going to defeat them in the end. No recreation is going to account for a 20 year old fighting for her life and other elements occurring at the time of the crime. A drive by shooting where they drop a victim on the spot and go could fit, but it will never fit these circumstances in a juror's mind, imo.

They have already made a serious mistake with the dates in the hearing. These are exactly the kind of errors which can tank a case. If they can't get the dates correct of when a crime was committed, how can we (or jurors) trust the rest of their theory? They best get their act together before the next hearing.

I totally get what you are saying. I've seen it too. In this case I just think it is way to early to tell. There is an awful lot we don't know. I'm giving LE the benefit of the doubt at this point. :twocents:

Let's not forget there is DNA evidence as well.

Capt. Dale Buchanan with Horry County Police said, "We have evidence that will be processed with us. SLED is assisting us with processing some of the forensic evidence. Is some of that evidence DNA? Yes."

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/24804641/hcpd-couple-to-be-charged-with-murder-of-heather-elvis

IMO...Sidney didn't care about Heather even enough to save her life. IMO....there is a lot of excuse making for Sidney. He's not a child. Wasn't a helpless bystander while having an extramarital affair. IMO...the story about being handcuffed, no phone, etc. came from Sidney. That is according to the DA. Is it true? Or, is that part of his defense tactic? It definitely feeds into the majority opinion of him being what? Helpless? Totally controlled by TM? Abused? He met police, when they responded to 911 calls, at the door armed! Controlled by TM? Really?

Agree to disagree

Oh, I could not agree more.

IMO, we can't say that LE locked themselves into the timeline--the timeline is what it is.

Hopefully the news people try to outdo each other for the scoop and in turn get the extra hits to their website.

I messaged all of them and asked it they were going to release it and heard back from two and they said no.

The only other case I have followed was Zimmerman and IIRC, they had their media attorneys working on stuff from day one.

IMO, we can't say that LE locked themselves into the timeline--the timeline is what it is.
Unless they only presented the part of the case that dealt with the kidnapping and not the murder in that hearing...they did.

There are other theories that would take the murder away from PTL and give the timeline some expansion enough to be believable.

I totally get what you are saying. I've seen it too. In this case I just think it is way to early to tell. There is an awful lot we don't know. I'm giving LE the benefit of the doubt at this point. :twocents:

Let's not forget there is DNA evidence as well.

Capt. Dale Buchanan with Horry County Police said, "We have evidence that will be processed with us. SLED is assisting us with processing some of the forensic evidence. Is some of that evidence DNA? Yes."

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/24804641/hcpd-couple-to-be-charged-with-murder-of-heather-elvis

But what if it wasn't Heather's DNA?

Regarding the gag order:

Last week, Richardson filed a motion for a gag order which would prevent lawyers from publicly commenting on the case.
Richardson said he expects a judge to make a decision on the gag order as early as this week.
Also a direct quote by county solicitor Richardson:
...There are still mounds and mounds of evidence. This is truly an ongoing investigation. We are certainly not trying to deny the public the right to see anything they are entitled to.”
http://www.thestate.com/2014/03/17/3332207/horry-county-denies-request-for.html

What if it is? :waitasec:

I think the point here is that we just don't know. It is very frustrating to not know what LE knows. :banghead:

I'm hoping the prelim hearing gives us some additional pieces to the puzzle. Again that won't be the trial, so we still won't know everything.

...There are still mounds and mounds of evidence. This is truly an ongoing investigation. We are certainly not trying to deny the public the right to see anything they are entitled to.”

Thanks Dee10 - this indicates to me there are still "mounds and mounds of evidence" that we don't know about....that would get outed by the FOIA request. I hope so!

:please:

I am having trouble seeing the whole article, but I think this is new.

http://charleston.gotnewswire.com/n...er-in-heather-elvis-case-lived-in-summerville

Man accused of murder in Heather Elvis case lived in Summerville

The South Carolina couple charged with kidnapping and murdering 20-year-old Heather Elvis are still behind bars after being denied bond. The attorney for Tammy and Sidney Moorer still claim they are innocent. During bond court Monday, the attorney revealed Sidney Moorer used to live in Summerville. The street where he allegedly grew up is in a nice area, although one viewer tells News 2 she always thought Sidney Moorer was "evil." Nobody was at the residence Tuesday and neighbors declined sp......

I think this is a better link:

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/54713595/...er-elvis-case-lived-summerville/#.UyoKMVGIZh4

Exactly.
As far as what I think happened at PTL, I am going with this for the time being. I think she strangled her to death right there in the truck. It would explain the lack of a lot of evidence.

If TM was in the back and she reached forward and wrapped her arm around Heather's neck/head to control her, she probably would have kept up the pressure well past the point of Heather stopping struggle. I cant see TM letting go until it was too late.

I agree, and then they might have driven off in a panic.

the Ramsey case had the best minds available in the world for 17+ years and no one has been arrested in that case. They still are looking at the evidence to this day and cannot arrest anyone.

the HCPD has brought in a team of the best minds available to them and has been able to make an arrest in the murder of Heather Elvis because of the evidence that they have obtained.
They have enough evidence to prosecute and convict, UNLESS they get a CA/OJ type jury.
jmho.

Yes, this was true in the Peggy Hettrick case as well. We in CO are still awaiting the arrest and conviction of her actual killer after one of the best police departments and some very bright minds sent the wrong person to prison because he drew some pictures LE believed looked like the crime scene and he walked past the body. And they called it evidence.

I'm not suggesting that the M's are innocent, I think they're as guilty as the day is long, and I don't want to see them get off. But LE can run with a theory that later turns out to hold no water.

So I'm hesitant to laud LE for having enough to convict when the evidence hasn't even been fully disclosed or tested in a court of law. Over-confidence can come back to bite even the best and the brightest.

I would THINK that they wouldnt arrest them and charge them with murder and tell the world that they think Heather is dead if they didnt have Heather's DNA.....

again.... I could be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member