SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 #30***ARREST**

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, and then they might have driven off in a panic.

Yes, I think so too.

One of the things that has bothered me ever since the announcement from LE that the murder took place at PTL was that there seemed to be no indication of evidence that was obvious. The policeman who found the car locked, from his report, didn't seem to be concerned that there was an issue, only that her car had been there. Another had posted possibly drowning. But now that we know about a 3-6 minute time frame, it seems impossible.

But, having Heather get into the truck with them and possibly not knowing TM was there etc. sounds more plausible with the lack of evidence that is being reported. There were search crews, CUE etc out there. There was no mention even from the rumor mill that there was something evidence wise out there.
Nothing glaring anyway.

Its definitely going to be interesting to see how much LE has put together and what they think happened that morning.

Kelly

if LE is wrong about HE being murdered at PLT then they most likely are very wrong about her being murdered at all. She may be alive and well in some place I wont name.
and if they are wrong about her being murdered at PLT they are probably wrong about who murdered her. you know if maybe she was murdered. we dont know do we?

all we can do is speculate.
how do we know what we can believe from LE and what we cant then? they convinced a judge who saw the evidence they had. but they cant convince the lay people.
Im trying to follow the logic here and keep getting tripped up by the facts of the case.

Yup. And even if it was about the pageant, there is no way the "MRS" would know that and she would think it was about the marathon (which it could have been)

Not sure if significant but also the day that "dad no longer owned his phone" according to text.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk

I'm a little behind, but crazy thought, any chance with the large amount of cash in the safe, 39 responses to the M house (presumably based on threats to them) could the rotting food left out been on purpose so when the took off it could look like a crime committed against them? Crazy probably, but I was thinking about the food left out on the McStay case.

If I buy it can it be posted here at WS? (Re bond hearing)

Sent from my KFTHWI

It can probably be scanned into PDF format and then linked. However, once it is posted, even if it to a members only area, there's a chance it could make its way outside of WS.

If you have access to an advanced form of Adobe and can place a watermark on every page, that might be the only way to take credit for your investment (which it would be).

Just sayin'.....

But what if it wasn't Heather's DNA?

There is also this from Feb. 24-25th that makes me believe the DNA was in deed Heather's and that is why there were charged with her murder:

Horry County Police Chief Saundra Rhodes said police located evidence inside the Moorers' home and on their property during the search Friday that gave them probable cause for the murder charge.

"We had a good amount of evidence and the stuff HCPD found, added to that evidence," said Solicitor Jimmy Richardson.

"We have not located Heather," Chief Rhodes said. "That is something that we are still looking for." Chief Rhodes said the investigation is still ongoing, but evidence located on the property led to the charge of murder.

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/24804641/hcpd-couple-to-be-charged-with-murder-of-heather-elvis

What on earth is this reporter talking about?

In court the prosecutor showed vulgar phone messages that indicate Moorer and Elvis had an intimate relationship.

~Snip~

It's presumed Elvis didn't live long after those messages.

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/54713595/...er-elvis-case-lived-summerville/#.UyoJXqJRdwE

I didn't hear of any vulgar messages between SM and HRE.

The messages from TM to HRE threatening her were from November so she lived quite a long time afterward. smh Sheesh!

Unless they only presented the part of the case that dealt with the kidnapping and not the murder in that hearing...they did.

There are other theories that would take the murder away from PTL and give the timeline some expansion enough to be believable.

Why would they do that?

Unless they only presented the part of the case that dealt with the kidnapping and not the murder in that hearing...they did.

Just my :twocents:, but I don't really see how anything they said at the bond hearing would lock them into a timeline. The bond hearing isn't a preliminary hearing, so all that's presented is basically just enough evidence to show a crime was committed by this defendant (goes toward whether def. is a danger to the community) and anything that goes toward flight risk. Cases continually evolve, even after charges are filed, as new evidence, theories, motives, etc. emerge. For this reason, the prosecution isn't going to reveal everything they have (ongoing investigations) and IMO couldn't possibly be held to everything that is said at such an early time in the proceedings -- otherwise, we're basically requiring them to have every single thing they need to go to trial before the proceedings even begin and while that could be ideal in the general scheme of things, it's just not realistic with the way our legal system works...

JMO, IMO, MOO

if LE is wrong about HE being murdered at PLT then they most likely are very wrong about her being murdered at all. She may be alive and well in some place I wont name.
and if they are wrong about her being murdered at PLT they are probably wrong about who murdered her. you know if maybe she was murdered. we dont know do we?

all we can do is speculate.
how do we know what we can believe from LE and what we cant then? they convinced a judge who saw the evidence they had. but they cant convince the lay people.
Im trying to follow the logic here and keep getting tripped up by the facts of the case.

I am not discounting or disputing what they believe, only the timeline for it to happen. And I am not disputing that. Just curious to how it went down in such a short time frame.

Kelly

If I buy it can it be posted here at WS? (Re bond hearing)

Sent from my KFTHWI

We had a member during the Casey Anthony case that purchased court docs and they were able to share the links here.

Not sure if significant but also the day that "dad no longer owned his phone" according to text.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk

I've been thinking about this, too and think they're definitely related. If that is the last day that SM and Heather saw each other, it stands to reason that as soon as TM found out that they did, she sent the txt to say Dad didn't have a phone anymore. I think that probably happened after they had seen each other. Maybe there was texting going on between them before and after the encounter and the 66 days tweet fired up TMs suspicions because she had begun the cyber stalking on the 1st. She takes his phone, finds the texts and then texts Heather to say he no longer has his phone. There could be way more texts before this that we won't see until trial but between SM and Heather, not TM and Heather.

JMO. MOO.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

In court the prosecutor showed vulgar phone messages that indicate Moorer and Elvis had an intimate relationship.

~Snip~

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/54713595/...er-elvis-case-lived-summerville/#.UyoJXqJRdwE

The messages from TM to HRE threatening her were from November so she lived quite a long time afterward. smh Sheesh!

Maybe vulgar photos sent via her phone would have been more accurate.

I am so far behind, I may never catch up, so if this was mentioned, my apologies. It occurred to me that Heather's date had the wrong time because his truck clock may still have been set to Daylight Savings Time (the time change happened on November 3 at 2:00am). My daughter forgets to reset the clock in her car because she has to go look up how to do it. This would explain his thinking that he dropped her off after 2:00am. It was really 1:00AM and his truck clock was wrong. Just a thought. I seem to have more random thoughts about this case now.

~Snip~

Perhaps they are referring to the messages from TM to Heather? Vulgar meaning: not having or showing good manners, good taste, or politeness.

~Snip~

OMG, how embarassing :facepalm:

That is our favorite local news channel

DeltaDawn, wonder if you could share some more of your recollections from TM about the CA trip, since it now seems even more critical to the timeline?

Sent from my SM-G730V using Tapatalk

There is also this from Feb. 24-25th that makes me believe the DNA was in deed Heather's and that is why there were charged with her murder:

Horry County Police Chief Saundra Rhodes said police located evidence inside the Moorers' home and on their property during the search Friday that gave them probable cause for the murder charge.

"We had a good amount of evidence and the stuff HCPD found, added to that evidence," said Solicitor Jimmy Richardson.

"We have not located Heather," Chief Rhodes said. "That is something that we are still looking for." Chief Rhodes said the investigation is still ongoing, but evidence located on the property led to the charge of murder.

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/24804641/hcpd-couple-to-be-charged-with-murder-of-heather-elvis

I hope they found good evidence and they are not including referring family pictures and journal entries. The defense can paint a story that she wanted to learn more about his girlfriend and it turned into an obsession because the family harassed her (her story), blah blah. Unless the journal entries said they did it, but i would be surprised. If they had her purse, keys, or phone that doesn't prove murder but that would be difficult to explain why it was in their home. I can't think of anyway the defense could get out of that one.

I think what the state has to do is prove who was driving that vehicle. Just because it is their car, doesn't mean they were in the car and doesn't mean they were both in the car. So, it has to be proven that they were in it. If that can't do then I am really struggling how they are going to tie them to this unless her DNA was in the truck and it was from being killed. Well, then they still have to prove who did they killing. They could have got someone else to do it. I thought that for a long time.

Okay here are my thoughts because I cannot get around the 3-4 min at PTL. LE showed one M vehicle coming and going to PTL and in the middle of that timeframe is when all data on HE phone stopped (still don't know exactly what that means) a lot of assumptions can be made from those three pieces of information. M vehicle headed toward landing when HE is there, HE phone receives no more data, M vehicle heads away from landing. Just enough info to infer certain things and keep the Ms in jail. (This was a bond hearing)
What we do not know is what else is on that video. Maybe 5 min later the M truck headed back to PTL, maybe 10 min after the black truck headed toward the M home the red truck is seen heading toward the M home.
We know just enough. I do not necessarily believe LE has pinned the timeline down to a crime taking place in 3-4 min (maybe they have). I think until we hear all evidence we could find there was a lot more activity at the landing that night. At least 2 trucks were seized. There has to be a reason for that. The red truck must be on a video 12/18. It didn't even belong to TM or SM so why else would you seize that vehicle.
All JMO
I think LE has a lot more going on than anyone is giving them credit for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth