SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just my opinion but I don't think its the media that said Heather's page has to have so many likes... I think they want to show the media how interested we are in her case and in finding her.

That was my take on that as well... also, we don't don't who said this to be true, so I consider just a rumor... unless, CMIIW, it was a verified insider..

I think if they both worked at Tk you would have to start looking at their customer transaction. See if they both interacted with the same people.

They both also worked for other sports pubs.

I think it'd be interesting to research how many waitresses have disappeared or been found murdered in the tri state area. Also wonder how many are found (or their vehicles found) near waterways.

I think it'd be interesting to research how many waitresses have disappeared or been found murdered in the tri state area. Also wonder how many are found (or their vehicles found) near waterways.

The tristate area would be SC, NC, VA? Would you hazard a guess at a timeframe that would be likely? I can go do some research...

Just my opinion but I don't think its the media that said Heather's page has to have so many likes... I think they want to show the media how interested we are in her case and in finding her.

That makes sense! Thanks.

Since when did the amt of likes a FB page receives dictate what the press covers? So frustrating! Especially when I had to listen to a weeks worth of debate over statements made by the duck dynasty guy and a weeks worth of babble about Mikey's tongue and twerking. Neither of these involves a persons well being. A young woman needs to be found-THAT is newsworthy!!! Not this other foolishness. So disappointed!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SharetheLight, the MS Media follows the internet; pulse of the public.. Two FB Pages on the duck dynasty debacle alone had over 3 million likes in the first 36 hours. Twitter was on fire/viral. Not saying that it is right or wrong, just the way times they are a changin. Social media has a tremendous amount of influence on the news..

The 4 Websleuths threads for Heather Elvis has almost 130,000 views. The MS Media, dateline, etc., also monitors Websleuths and other crime forums..

It is very important to share & like Heather Elvis's Facebook link and any MS Media articles related to her disappearance & search, etc., for maximum awareness. JMHO

"Alone we can do little, but together we can accomplish anything" Quote Helen Keller

If you had a poi in either case there might be a paper trail with a credit card.

Which tri-state area are you referring to? To me, the tri-state area is NY, NJ & CT :)

NC, SC & ??

Do you happen to know where Amber lived? Name of complex?

I don't. Information I've found says AB lived in Little River (northernmost area of Horry Co, borders NC) and I found something that said she was found 7 miles from her apartment but doesn't mention the specific name. Will keep looking.

The tristate area would be SC, NC, VA? Would you hazard a guess at a timeframe that would be likely? I can go do some research...

Idk. I was sort of thinking NC, SC, GA. Maybe throw TN in there for good measure. Those states seem close together with crime against women, at least it seems that way when thinking of missing cases. I have nothing to back that up, only what I'm thinking. But if the perp is sticking to waterways & lands near the coast, then maybe he's an eastern seaboard inhabitant. Fisherman?

I don't. Information I've found says AB lived in Little River (northernmost area of Horry Co, borders NC) and I found something that said she was found 7 miles from her apartment but doesn't mention the specific name. Will keep looking.

Looking for the name of her apartment complex. I thought I found it when she first was discovered & her thread was started here, then I forgot to save it & couldn find it again. Doesn't seem right. I must have been mistaken.

In looking at maps I see there is a Boathouse Waterway Bar and Grill that seems to be near HE residence and seems to be on a waterway that goes directly to the landing area where her car was found.
For locals, is this bar and grill located near HE residence on the water and is it open off season? Their website leads me to believe they are open off season but I'm just not sure how close it is to our points of interest.
I'm not the greatest map reader.

If it is then, it could be a place HE went and could be a place a possible perp could hang out.
Just thoughts because I'm not sure which direction to look with so little info available.

Also does anyone know how long HE lived at her current residence?

Looking for the name of her apartment complex. I thought I found it when she first was discovered & her thread was started here, then I forgot to save it & couldn find it again. Doesn't seem right. I must have been mistaken.

Summer Crest or Summer Chase ring a bell?

I've been reading here for years and years but just recently joined and post rarely. All 3 of my children have worked in (one still does) the restaurant industry. Some things I learned from experience:

1. Their work schedules dictate their sleep/socializing patterns, whether out and about, online, on their phones, texting, etc. It's not at all uncommon that 3:00 am or even later would seem like a normal time for them, since most of these types of restaurants don't close until midnight or later, especially if they have a bar. A lot of these kids don't even get off of work until after midnight. So meeting someone or going someplace at 3:00 is not uncommon, especially if they are living away from their parents' house.

2. Most of them know or are friends with the servers, etc. from the surrounding restaurants and bars, since they tend to hang out in them when not working.

3. There's always, and I mean always, someone in that crowd who either supplies or knows how to get, shall we say, recreational herbs or medicines. Someone known to all of them by means of frequenting the different establishments, where as an employee or a customer.

4. It's not at all uncommon for them to meet up with someone to take off for someplace else, especially if one of them is going to be a designated driver.

I don't know what happened to HE, but they need to focus on talking to her co-workers and workers in the surrounding/near proximity restaurants. One or some of them know what happened. The timing of her last phone call/text, her car being found where it was, and lack of clues(?) in her apartment are not really unusual for this group of young
people. Personally, I suspect that she probably did meet up with someone for some recreational reason and/or left with them for somewhere else for whatever reason. Especially if her car was parked away from the water so she could see their vehicle approaching. Especially if she thought her car would be safe there until she could retrieve it. It's just their lifestyle. Maybe the landing was just a known midway point for them.

Just throwing this out there since the latest references to AB and the location where she was found...

Amber's car and body were found in a somewhat remote area under a new highway that connects to SC31, not somewhere a person would likely just pull over. It would be quite useful to have a solid answer about whether or not she ever worked at TK.

Last week when I went to PTL, I wanted to check out an area that I thought was interesting from studying maps online. It's the new SC31 extension that is currently under construction. It connects right up to Peachtree Road and it really stood out to me as an exit point from PTL that may be overlooked. Not even sure if it has been searched yet?

So, I climbed up the access road to the right and walked a good quarter mile or so. I took a few pictures and looked around intently. The area atop of the "hill" had a very chilling and auspicious feel. Very quiet and serene. Although there are many houses below on either side, it is virtually impossible to see a person below while walking along the path and vice versa.

One could easily walk the distance of this path unbeknownst by anyone below until it hooks up to 544. Not sure about driving a vehicle although there appears to be a lot of tire tracks on the map (possibly from construction vehicles or ATVs).

View Google Map Here

In taking a look at her case, the thing I find troubling is LE was very right lipped and everyone thought is must be because they knew a lot and were closing in on someone but here we are 8 months later with no further info and no arrest :( and in that case they have her body with, I imagine, all sorts of evidence on it.
LE is just as tight lipped in this case and we are all hopeful it's because they have info. I just hope this case gets some answers quicker!
I'm hopeful that justice will be served in both cases. Families need this!

Summer Crest or Summer Chase ring a bell?

Idk gosh it's been months. Thanks so much. I'll have to research it. If anybody find it and can verify that info, pls post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristens5487