SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There has been a lot of discussion about missing/murdered women in Virginia on the Jamisha Gilbert and Alexis Murphy threads here on WS. Morgan Harrington's mother has been in the media and has met w/ Alexis Murphy's mom to discuss this also.

Some of the locals (VA) have done a lot of work compiling lists of the missing/murdered VA women.

Virginia is quite a distance from SC but it could be connected.

I'm going to look at NC next.

It does happen here they just dismiss this so we can keep the tourism alive industry.

That's crazy if that is what they are doing. Most everyone around the country is aware of Britanee Drexel's unsolved case, which usually references Crystal Soule's unsolved disappearance, and now poor Heather Elvis's case is drawing alot of attention to the Myrtle Beach area. As someone who has vacationed numerous times in Myrtle Beach since the mid '60's, I, too, would appreciate at least a press conference on any and all unsolved cases, including Amber Marie Berbiglia. I always loved coming to MB, but hestitate to travel there with my daughter, who is around Heather's age. I can't begin to tell you how heartsick this makes me, but I know you all understand completely.

According to the media reports, yes. The car was found by a police officer patrolling the area and he called HE's dad.
I think the car was released to HE's dad but I'm not sure if that's confirmed or rumor.
I don't think the missing report was filed until she didn't show up for work on Friday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll try to find it, but I remember a link to a news report that stated she was reported missing on Thursday.

Virginia is quite a distance from SC but it could be connected.

I'm going to look at NC next.

I was thinking "tri state area" of Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina.

Thanks for all your research Carbuff.

Re: tourism

Check local papers of St. Thomas USVI

Murders all the time. Not just locals killing locals.

Another thought, Charleston gets cruise ships, does MB?

That's crazy if that is what they are doing. Most everyone around the country is aware of Britanee Drexel's unsolved case, which usually references Crystal Soule's unsolved disappearance, and now poor Heather Elvis's case is drawing alot of attention to the Myrtle Beach area. As someone who has vacationed numerous times in Myrtle Beach since the mid '60's, I, too, would appreciate at least a press conference on any and all unsolved cases, including Amber Marie Berbiglia. I always loved coming to MB, but hestitate to travel there with my daughter, who is around Heather's age. I can't begin to tell you how heartsick this makes me, but I know you all understand completely.

I think you would be surprised how few people would recognize either name. Most people know about Elizabeth Smart and Caylee Anthony. Only folks who follow cases, or who are local to them, know all of the many names we know...

I have a thought...

Those of us who visit there often and want a press release or Presser, need to tell the chamber of commerce that we would be happy to take our $$ elsewhere if there is no communication from an official of some sort (LE, mayor, governor, etc).

Old Sanders Drive /Robert Edge Parkway, Little River

No, that's where she was found dead.

Here's this to help you:
http://www.wbtw.com/story/22168513/...eath-still-a-mystery-police-seek-publics-help

North Myrtle Beach woman's death still a mystery, police seek help from public
Posted: May 06, 2013 6:39 AM EDT
Updated: May 06, 2013 7:57 PM EDT
By WBTW News Staff

Snipped:
23-year-old Amber Marie Berbiglia of North Myrtle Beach/Little River was found dead around 4:30 p.m. at 2368 Old Sanders Dr, which is just off Sand Ridge Road and nearly beneath the Robert Edge Parkway bridge.

The area is just a little over 7 miles if driving from Berbiglia's apartment.

I'll try to find it, but I remember a link to a news report that stated she was reported missing on Thursday.

I thought she was reported missing when she didn't show up for work on the 20th?

Since when did the amt of likes a FB page receives dictate what the press covers? So frustrating! Especially when I had to listen to a weeks worth of debate over statements made by the duck dynasty guy and a weeks worth of babble about Mikey's tongue and twerking. Neither of these involves a persons well being. A young woman needs to be found-THAT is newsworthy!!! Not this other foolishness. So disappointed!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've never heard that until it was posted on the findheatherelvis FB page, I wish Dawn Drexel would hand a few pointers to the family/close friends as to how she was able to get national media coverage. Brittanee Drexel is (sad as it is) a household name.

I think you would be surprised how few people would recognize either name. Most people know about Elizabeth Smart and Caylee Anthony. Only folks who follow cases, or who are local to them, know all of the many names we know...

You may be right!

Sometimes le is tight lipped bc they have something that links one victim to another victim. Could be something that's left at the scene, could be a fiber, could be a type of wound, could be a foot or tire print, etc. If that's the case, they have to keep the info close. I just wish le could find the happy medium point to be able to catch the public up to speed. Isn't there some way they can do or say something without releasing pertinent information?

Yes, I do believe there is. LE does it all the time. They can say "We are still working hard on this investigation and have so and so agencies and this many officers actively working this case. If anyone was around PTL, etc.....anyone with information can call ********, etc." And when asked specific questions, all they have to say is the standard "We can not comment on that at this time as this is an active investigation".

But no, not a peep.

I have my theories on why the silence, but don't want to compromise the integrity of the investigation, so I won't say anything. :wink:

I don't. Information I've found says AB lived in Little River (northernmost area of Horry Co, borders NC) and I found something that said she was found 7 miles from her apartment but doesn't mention the specific name. Will keep looking.

Old Sanders Drive /Robert Edge Parkway, Little River

We were looking for the name/location of AB's apartment complex. Would you happen to know?

That is not her address. That is where her body was found.

Y'all check out this photo from the Brittanee Derxel thread.
**warning, it's kind of gross! this pic.

One of the girls is wearing a kilt. Halloween costume or work uniform?

Thread: SC SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #16 View Single Post
Oops, I did not copy the link right. I will try again.
Brb
Thanks! I thought it was just me.

That is a little odd to say the least.

He's the same one that was posting odd things a few days ago. I don't know how he's still posting to be honest. Unless that's what they were looking for.

You may be right!

I test it all the time...no one ever knows the names, but "oh yeah, I DO remember someone went missing...thought they were found" is what I almost always get, if that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jseikel