SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
HE said on her social media that she had fallen at work.
We saw her picture that looked like bruises.
How can we find out if their was missed work, hospital? report? etc.
Is this all under hippa law?
Why did she want to quit TKilt and when was she going to work at a salon?
More $? Was she going to go to beauty school?
How much would she make at TKILT? I bet tips were very good.
Is TK more of a younger crowd?

I am sorry if I missed this clarification - but do we know if HE was server or hostess at TK?

I ask because I know in some restaurants people must start as hosts/hostesses and work up to being servers. And, usually, hosts/hostesses do NOT make as good money as servers.

How did HE afford her rent? Car? Was it other jobs too? Parental support???

tia

With no POI it is so very difficult to discuss certain things. I feel so much for her family, they are doing everything they can, and the CUE searchers. Dawn Drexel, the volunteers, everyone.

To go back to basics though, Heather is missing. Her social media is pretty typical (IMO) but there does appear to be some kind of relationship turmoil if I'm reading it right.

Also, the late night social life of young adults working in the service industry is not unusual as far as I can see. However (bear with me) if you've ever watched one of those MTV or Bravo "reality shows"* about young adults working in a close-knit environment you see all kinds of drama. Drama that I remember from my early 20s with boyfriends/girlfriends/fidelity/lack of etc. I still think the answer lies here.

She went on a date. A friendly date for a drink or a "date" date? He/She drops her off at home. She is *apparently* on social media after the date. She calls her roommate who is back in NJ to discuss the date. 1 hour later her phone does what? Pings? Dies? Is broken? Battery removed? And she's vanished.

What am I missing? Am I completely wrong for thinking this is a local, acquaintance situation? When I was 20 and working those hours, once I was home I would only leave again if a friend asked me to. Not a stranger, not to run errands (she could have done errands between 12 and 2) unless it was to go get laundry from a communal laundry room.

* Yes I know these shows are scripted and the drama is heightened for effect, but there *is* drama in the first place.

*Yes I know we can't sleuth anyone unless a POI, I totally understand, but I'm SO frustrated at the total lack of info from HCPD. Not even confirming the Moody sighting or not.

Hello all! I'm new here and have tried reading thru all the threads to catch up. I live in the area and was at the search today. I don't know the family, but have a 21 yr old daughter (and 18 yr old son) and would hope and pray many people would help if it were us going thru this nightmare....so I wanted to help :) The area searched...VERY thick woods and underbrush. My hope is that LE can give us something, anything, without compromising leads, but info to help people remember something they may have seen!

I am sorry if I missed this clarification - but do we know if HE was server or hostess at TK?

I ask because I know in some restaurants people must start as hosts/hostesses and work up to being servers. And, usually, hosts/hostesses do NOT make as good money as servers.

How did HE afford her rent? Car? Was it other jobs too? Parental support???

tia

Thankyou, I don't know for sure, IIRC someone mentioned server and I guess that stuck in my head like waitress????
I also wondered how she could have 4 nice tattoos, car, apt. but others here say during the tourist season the tips are great.

That's crazy if that is what they are doing. Most everyone around the country is aware of Britanee Drexel's unsolved case, which usually references Crystal Soule's unsolved disappearance, and now poor Heather Elvis's case is drawing alot of attention to the Myrtle Beach area. As someone who has vacationed numerous times in Myrtle Beach since the mid '60's, I, too, would appreciate at least a press conference on any and all unsolved cases, including Amber Marie Berbiglia. I always loved coming to MB, but hestitate to travel there with my daughter, who is around Heather's age. I can't begin to tell you how heartsick this makes me, but I know you all understand completely.

Yes I understand as my daughter is 18 and staying home in lieu of going out. We as a community need a press conference as it effects everyone. Unfortunately I feel we will not have a press conference until the national media comes here! Our local media will report on something for a day or two and then move on to something else and our LE and local government Is not being held accountable for the influx of crimes.

I am hoping and praying that Heather will be found safe without harm as well as a National media outlet to come into our area and ask the hard questions about human trafficking etc. As stated in my earlier post our media, LE, and local government turn a blind eye to it as"Myrtle Beach is the heart of the state's tourism industry".

From a bit back (maybe on previous thread) someone mentioned international ports. Georgetown has one...not many people know about it. It's located off of Hwy 17 just past the steel mill.

Hello all! I'm new here and have tried reading thru all the threads to catch up. I live in the area and was at the search today. I don't know the family, but have a 21 yr old daughter (and 18 yr old son) and would hope and pray many people would help if it were us going thru this nightmare....so I wanted to help :) The area searched...VERY thick woods and underbrush. My hope is that LE can give us something, anything, without compromising leads, but info to help people remember something they may have seen!

Welcome!!!

From a bit back (maybe on previous thread) someone mentioned international ports. Georgetown has one...not many people know about it. It's located off of Hwy 17 just past the steel mill.

Off of this...

I checked the Charleston cruise schedule the dates don't even remotely match up.

Thankyou, I don't know for sure, IIRC someone mentioned server and I guess that stuck in my head like waitress????
I also wondered how she could have 4 nice tattoos, car, apt. but others here say during the tourist season the tips are great.

I'm hiccuping too!

But, if she is a hostess, she may not make the good tips. If we knew, that would help understand her finances and possible other contacts/jobs.

Maybe the media will pick up the story this week, once everyone is back to work.

My fear is that LE does not have much to share and they seldom like to admit that in a PC. They may not even know what they have, i.e crime, abduction, stranger vs. known, left on own, accident, or other...

JMO

It has been posted (but not confirmed to my knowledge) that she is a hostess, not a server. Personally, I'd think hostesses would wear just a little more clothes, but that's just me.

I'm hiccuping too!

But, if she is only a hostess, she may not make the good tips. If we knew, that would help understand her finances and possible other contacts/jobs.

Unless TK is a place that pools their tips to split amongst servers/bus staff/hosts

Ya know, TK was on Undercover Boss last year. Maybe we could find the episode online?

Also, I've never been a fan of PTL..dark and isolated. Word from some of the younger locals is that no one goes there unless they are looking for drugs. There are many landings here and most of the kids stuck to the well travelled and popular spots. IMO...her car was put there and this young girl wouldn't have gone there without a friend to be safe.

Is our WS having hiccups or is it my computer?

I'm not sure but I'm having issues too. I'm reading from my phone and it said it was taking me to page 15 on this app, then it froze and when it unfroze it was taking me to page 6 of 6 so either a bunch of posts were just deleted or that's a major hiccup.

Eta: I now have 16 pages so it must be some hiccup with WS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome Hikergirl :) Thank you for helping in trying to find Heather!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
appleatcha