SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so a friend of mine of mine who lives near Tidewater just had a friend call him about 30 mins ago to tell him to be careful because there's a ton of cops next to the BP. I'm hoping they found something!

Whoa I think you're getting confused. Her dad has stated he last heard from her via text at 10:43 the Monday before, not the night of. He said that was when he last heard from her but that she stopped to get her mail Tuesday, but he wasn't there to see her.

Now, as I re-read the article I see:

"Her mother said her date dropped her off at her house. Heather called her roommate to tell her how she had a great time. That is the last time anyone will admit to talking to her."

The wording here confuses me. Twice actually. 1) "dropped her off at her house." Is the second her meant to be Heather or meant to be her Mother? I just jumped to Heather's house because it made sense after a date to go home and change. But if she was dropped off at her parents house and they drove her home.... why didn't she want her date to know where she lives? Also that would explain how her last known location address would come to be, if her parents dropped her off. Unless they didn't and she had called her mom and then her roommate and the police confirmed with the date her last known location. (dang my head hurts now.)

Someone must have told them about the roommate call. I would guess the roommate herself, or the cops released it with the other info. Which would maybe account for the second confusing wording "admit to talking to her."

Sounds like they know something we don't know...

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/24273295/horry-county-police-investigating-missing-woman
I think you may be way overthinking a simple statement. Her mom said that HE's date dropped her (HE) off at her (HE's) house.

If we use rational thought of how a normal family works, when HE's father was called to pick up the car, they would try to call HE, go to her house, try to call the roommate, her friends, anyone who would know where she would be. They would call cell phones, land lines, text, email, facebook, anything they could do to get hold of anyone their daughter knows. When the father called the roommate (as any normal person would do), the roommate would explain that HE called her around 3:00 am to talk about the date (If said date really happened). HE would most likely have told her roommate where she was at when she was talking to her ("I had a great time with date. We were out for X hours, and date brought me home X hours ago..." blah, blah). This is JMO, but I cannot see any family NOT calling everyone they could think of to find their daughter.

At this point, assuming there really was a date, whomever it was might be afraid to come forward for fear of being accused of having something to do with this. Again, JMO.

The reporting has been abysmal. They keep saying she was last seen at 3:00am on the 17th, but after midnight on the 17th, it becomes the 18th.

Does anybody know who the lead investigator is that is handling Heather's case?

I'm not saying it's some back country, desolate road. I'm saying from my own personal experience I've rarely passed cars on that road at 2-4 in the morning. During the day, absolutely.

Oh no, I'm agreeing with you. :)

Ok so a friend of mine of mine who lives near Tidewater just had a friend call him about 30 mins ago to tell him to be careful because there's a ton of cops next to the BP. I'm hoping they found something!

*runs downstairs trying not to trip*

My industry guess is she either received minimum wage or $2.13 (whatever the SC equivalent to my state is) an hour + 1-3% tip-out from each server's total depending on how many hostesses and other non-server staff there'd be on the floor. I used to work with a girl at my old restaurant who worked at a TK in another state and I'm fairly sure that was her report on it. (Also, said restaurant was a steakhouse, and she indicated she made comparable amounts of money despite the incredible price difference. Her biggest complaint about TK was the uncomfortable uniform. High heels! No wonder HE fell down at work.) Either way, definitely not as much as a server would make. I wonder if TK hires hostesses with the intention of training them to be servers, and why she didn't want to stick around for that prospect if so?

I looked at the TK girls at TK MB & they don't wear high heels there. They either wear flat Mary Janes or small heel Mary Janes. In none of the pics of Heather in her TK uniform did I see her in high heels.

something pooooooooooosibly interesting is going on downstairs.

I'm not at home so I can't listen so thanks for going downstairs!

Thanks for posting this. I have a newfound perspective on TK & I imagine the owner is genuinely concerned for Heather & the Elvis Family.

Too bad he didn't visit MB - :moo:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Based on the map at the beginning I don't think it was open yet.

FYI everyone I have come back upstairs and am going to bed. Lack of food/sleep is hitting and I feel funny so I think I need to. I was just saying I feel like someone is watching me. It's creepy.

Originally I suggested this was someone's hacked FB page.

I have not been on desk computer tonight so I am limited to what I can see

But others stated it appeared to be a fake page due to nothing dated before HE case ??

Further done the picture page I clicked on a few beach pictures and I am getting dates of April 2013 and other dates.

What does this mean ??
It may be the privacy settings. Could be the only post viewable to the public. I also think you can clear your post history on FB or set it up to only go back so far.

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk

3rd photo from the top, shown here:

33uz8mg.jpg

Is this a CUE search? I'm a little surprised because smoking is a HUGE no-no during a search. It has the potential to ruin evidence. Police officers are never allowed to smoke when searching for any kind of evidence, especially a body.

Yes, this is a QUE search, and several people in my team were smoking in the woods. I was really surprised because a) growing up in So Cal Smokey the Bear taught us all never to smoke in the woods, and b) I felt that a fresh (if that's how to describe it) cigarette butt near any potential find might throw investigators off thinking there might be a connection!

I traveled Forestbrook today, mid-afternoon, and maybe passed 5 cars, and 4 people walking on the side of the road. And it's not like it's a small road, it has businesses on it and traffic lights.

I live off Forestbrook Road, it can be bummer to bumper in the mornings and afternoons with an elementary school and middle school located off it and Socastee High School right around the corner.

Could the HCPD silence be a strategy? You know, keep real still and see who crawls out from underneath the woodwork? If that is the case, any oddball social media postings should be actively investigated. As well as other things....such as any unusual people calling her phone, peeps seen roaming around her apartment, etc etc.

I'm hoping that this is HCPD's strategy 'cause the silence is deafening!

Yes, this is a QUE search, and several people in my team were smoking in the woods. I was really surprised because a) growing up in So Cal Smokey the Bear taught us all never to smoke in the woods, and b) I felt that a fresh (if that's how to describe it) cigarette butt near any potential find might throw investigators off thinking there might be a connection!

It makes me wonder if anybody was smoking when the bones were found. Wth? Common sense people. Why would a search group allow members of their team to smoke while actively looking for evidence? This is not to take away from the selfless volunteerism, that should be applauded, even the person smoking should be applauded for helping search...but again, this is an active police investigation. These people were searching for anything that didn't belong in its natural habitat - well I'm pretty certain that cigarette ashes & butts don't belong there. It shouldn't be allowed and I hope these people stop smoking while trying to find evidence of a missing person. It's detrimental to the purity of potential evidence that they NOT smoke. If they need a smoke break, it should be while outside of the search grid in a designated area before or after a search. I hope if this was indeed a CUE search, that the leaders speak with their volunteers to explain the necessary importance of following certain guidelines.

Cgs,; irony..
This is a very concerned volunteer searcher that, although she may not know HE or her family. She had the initiative to get up off the sofa and lend a helping hand, braving the frigid weather, in hopes of bringing HE home. No harm, no foul, imo...I salute her and all the other volunteer searchers..

Bolded & sized by me. I just caught your word several.

If any searchers are reading here that were smoking while searching - PLEASE STOP - bc you could potentially damage evidence you may come across!

Cgs,; irony..
This is a very concerned volunteer searcher that, although she may not know HE or her family. She had the initiative to get up off the sofa and lend a helping hand, braving the frigid weather, in hopes of bringing HE home. No harm, no foul, imo...I salute her and all the other volunteer searchers..

I totally agree and def applaud her for searching. We must have been typing at the same time. Just hope she and the others stop smoking while searching bc it's an absolute must-not-do while searching for any kind of evidence. Besides, looking at how dry the brush is, it's a potential fire hazard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knoop