SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Removing several posts again discussing posts on facebook and a particular poster there.

Closing thread for review.

You can not discuss posters from facebook here. If you think something is suspicious I would contact law enforcement about it.

Anything from facebook is considered rumor. Rumor is not allowed.

Do not discuss posters or posts from facebook, twitter, or any social site.

Ima

Ok, opening back up now.

We try very hard to keep rumor off of Websleuths. Although not perfect you can discuss what is known thru main stream media and law enforcement.

With facebook and social networks you can link to it paraphrase (as long ias it from a page that has to do with the case.) but you can not discuss it here.

You can copy and paste about searches from the missing facebook page.

You can not discuss posters from facebook here.

We have no suspects or persons of interest, no one is to be discussed this way.

Ima

We do not have a person of interest or suspect named in this case by law enforcement. Sleuthing anyone and posting on Websleuths is not allowed unless or until someone is named by law enforcement, this includes public sites showing addresses etc. This also includes family.

We are a victim friendly site and this includes family and friends. No bashing of anyone. No sleuthing or discussing anyone in a suspect manner unless we have a suspect named.

Rumor is not allowed, you can discuss and speculate about anything we already know thru law enforcement and main stream media.

Rules Etiquette & Information

Social Networks

Regarding Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and other social networking or blog websites: Links may be used to direct posters to view something on a social networking page. But postings on social networking sites are not considered fact; they are rumor. Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed. Paraphrasing is okay. (Exception: If the Twitter or Facebook post belongs to a verified news station, it may be copied. But a link should still be provided.)

Also, social networking pages may only be linked if they are directly related to a case, i.e. the victim or suspect. We don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman, or postal carrier just because they know the main player. We also NEVER link to minor's pages (unless they are the victim). And be sure that the page actually belongs to the person being discussed. Do not link to someone if you are not 100% sure it is the correct person. And if a social networking is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!

Please continue here...

Bumping...

So glad you opened this thread back up. Thank You!

To all the new posters, please don't take this harsh or rude...but...read the rules before posting. Websleuths is run as a tight ship. Rules have to be adhered to. If Heather's threads keep getting shut down bc mods & admin have to keep cleaning it up, the thread could get closed for good. There are several thousand views on these threads. At the very least it shows awareness is being spread about Heather's disappearance. It would be an absolute disservice to her family and loved ones if anyone causes this thread to be shut down for good. The rules are in place for a reason.

I was on a thread with a couple other people here that was shut down that we put alot of technical research into. I'm talking alot. It was stuff that wasn't uncovered before. There are other threads that other dedicated posters were on that were shut down bc of similar things. More eyes lead to clues. More minds lead to different ways of looking at things. When a thread gets shut down for good, alot of potential leads are cut off. Is it worth it?

Fact: Law Enforcement DOES Read Here & DOES Utilize Some Of Our Info Found. We have been thanked on numerous occasions.

Anyone have a link for this interview? - or did anyone watch it to give feedback?
https://www.facebook.com/MarcLivermanWPDE TV News

Marc Liverman WPDE is doing a LIVE interview with Terry Elvis, the father of missing 20-year-old Heather Elvis, during our 9-10AM hour on GMC.

Perhaps CUE could use some donations of nicorette gum? I am not being snarky, I legitimately think this may be useful. As, asking smokers not to smoke during a time of high stress and anxiety is, well, a difficult thing to ask of a smoker.
With the gum, they would have to be sure not to toss that on the ground too.
Just a thought. IMO

http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/loc...cle_a225d6c6-7586-11e3-8f27-001a4bcf6878.html

A team of about 20 volunteers discovered the bones about a quarter mile from Tidewater Road, where bones had been discovered earlier in the week.

Other volunteers searching by horseback said they found additional skeletal remains Saturday, but their origins also remained undetermined.

So, possibly 2 more sets of skeletal remains found yesterday? geez. Bless those searchers.

This article states more bones were found yesterday? Would love to see on a map where each of these were found. this makes the 3rd time bones were found in that area, right?

http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/loc...cle_a225d6c6-7586-11e3-8f27-001a4bcf6878.html

Am I wrong in thinking LE should have performed a thorough search after the first finding and secured the area? No telling how this has been compromised or what they're dealing with. Slack in my opinion.

This article states more bones were found yesterday? Would love to see on a map where each of these were found. this makes the 3rd time bones were found in that area, right?

thanx for the info, was wondering if they would find something else. Possibility what they are finding will help solve some of the missing persons in the area- possilbe linked to the Conway, Aynor areas. Sometimes people in the area know things and do not tell, hopefully these findings will flush out info. May or may not be related to HE case. Maybe more related to other recent gone missing persons, or not.

Also often oddball fb postings are related and not to mention on here.

I would think a media outlet would be onto that at some point wouldn't you? Try to track all the sites where things were found so that once TX made IDs they could attempt to make connections & such. Times like this make me wish Graeme Moore were still covering the MB area. He was amazing on the BD coverage. JMO.

Perhaps CUE could use some donations of nicorette gum? I am not being snarky, I legitimately think this may be useful. As, asking smokers not to smoke during a time of high stress and anxiety is, well, a difficult thing to ask of a smoker.
With the gum, they would have to be sure not to toss that on the ground too.
Just a thought. IMO

I definitely think this is an awesome idea. However, maybe the smokers could go get a prescription from their doctor for something instead.

So how many sets of bones did they find and are they just part of the orginal set

Honestly, I don't see the point of this in case conversation. Other than drama & distraction-no offense.

I can say that I personally have been on more than one CUE search & never seen a smoker. Monica herself smokes & never does in the field.

However with that said, your also assuming this person, and others discarded their cigarettes in the area. They quite likely put them out and kept them on their person so as not to leave them behind. Which is quite similar to what a hunter or outdoors type would do if they'd been in the area.

Wrong. & I do take offense to the bolded.

This is definitely part of the thread as it was done during a search regarding the details of this thread. If it were cops doing this, everybody would be all over them. My position stands. That's ridiculous what I posted was referred to as drama and distraction. Remember, it wasn't me that brought the picture here in the first place. I'm not knocking the searchers volunteerism, just pointing out that nobody should be smoking while on an active search unless its outside of the grid.

Also, I'm not assuming anybody at all was discarding their butts on the ground, only the potential of it.

For those that were here during the CMA debacle - any of this ring a bell? Remember what the defense team did to the TES searchers?

Maybe your take on this could be taken up with the federal government since its their rules for evidence search that I posted.

Whoa I think you're getting confused. Her dad has stated he last heard from her via text at 10:43 the Monday before, not the night of. He said that was when he last heard from her but that she stopped to get her mail Tuesday, but he wasn't there to see her.

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/24273295/horry-county-police-investigating-missing-woman

Well if I am confused, it's the media confusing me as to when she texted her dad--the 17th was Tuesday night.

"Her father said he last heard from Elvis about 10:43 p.m. Dec. 17 when she sent him a text message"

Read more here: http://www.thestate.com/2014/01/03/3188465/weekend-searches-planned-for-missing.html#storylink=cpy

I think I recall the dad saying the last time he actually saw HE was Monday.
But I don't know where that article went.

Here it is:
"He said the last time he saw Heather was on Monday the 16th, just a few days before she went missing. Family members write on social media Heather's phone has been turned off and was last active around 3am last Wednesday."

From 12/27 article on
www.wbtw.com/

This also phrases the info about the phone differently.
Says it has been turned off but was last active at 3am. I interpret this to mean she actually called or texted someone at 3am and sometime after that, it was turned off or battery went out. Not that at 3am the phone was off. As we were thinking earlier.

ETA: info and link about last seen by dad info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So - How many sets of bones are we now waiting to be identified? Aren't these all being found in the same area? Sounds like forensic experts need to be shutting off a large area and clearing it - that's a lot of bones to be found by volunteers?!?! And nobody is finding anything pertaining to Heather? Are they still searching the river? Have we had any confirmation on what she might have been wearing or things she may have had on her? Are they interviewing friends and ex's?!

So - How many sets of bones are we now waiting to be identified? Aren't these all being found in the same area? Sounds like forensic experts need to be shutting off a large area and clearing it - that's a lot of bones to be found by volunteers?!?! And nobody is finding anything pertaining to Heather? Are they still searching the river? Have we had any confirmation on what she might have been wearing or things she may have had on her? Are they interviewing friends and ex's?!

All very valid points and questions IMO.
Can't believe LE isn't saying a word with all the bones found at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Idk the dates Amber worked at TK. I didn't even know that until Ladyhawkke posted that here. I thought it was interesting to say the least. I think she worked at Overtime Cafe when she died, so TK may have been prior. Trying to find the dates has been so hard to find online. Maybe it's as simple as asking somebody that was close to her? Sometimes that's hard to do bc it makes them relive their nightmare, brings back memories. Idk...

Considering this and that they both attended HGTC-I'd be more likely to believe they never saw each other at HGTC than TK. But we really would never know without verification. The similarities are very eerie.

wow, so many bones being discovered in this search for HE. I hope that they can identify all these skeletons so that other families can get some closure. It's horrible. I think they may have a suspect for HE's disappearance but without a body, or a weapon, or a confession...there is nothing LE can do but keep asking for tips in hopes that one will connect the suspect to a crime. They can't even prove a crime at this point until they find her. Based on the number of bones they are finding it doesn't look like they have a great track record of finding bodies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member