SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it possible those 2 suspects from a home invasion & accident at the beginning of this case could be involved? There was a female suspect as well, but she was arrested. We're the 2 male suspects ever caught?

Is it possible those 2 suspects from a home invasion & accident at the beginning of this case could be involved? There was a female suspect as well, but she was arrested. We're the 2 male suspects ever caught?

Maybe HE saw something she wasn't supposed to or knew them from other activities they were involved in as well?

Excellent sleuthing, and very interesting re: phone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

IMO you are correct I've tried to remember this as well. She called the roommate around 3 but she could have been taken by someone before or after. I mean really.. How much activity do our phones see at this time??

Only thing that makes me feel like it's critical is that MSM says it last pinged at this time which means it went off. We young people do not let that happen often! Lol if so we find a charger ASAP

I've contemplated SO many scenarios including the "date" was completely a cover that someone forced her to say.? That someone was at her apartment when she got home?

But IMHO only!.. My gut tells me this was someone who knew or knew of her AND BW. Too many circumstances revolve around making sure BW was not around (like the 3am phone call)

Can someone pls repost the email tip lines for both Horry PD and Crimestoppers? TIA

The condo Heather was staying in is right where these remains have been located- i think it made since to people to search both the area where her car was located and the area where she was reported last seen- White water dr- at the river oaks condos in case she had been abducted there and the car dumped by at PTL by perps- so searching there made sense, but the remains found may or may not be related- my gut feeling it is possible related to SO in the area

But is this speculation on our part or has CUE or LE stated that this area was searched because it was considered close to her condo? I have not heard which is why I wondering if something was said by LE or CUE to the volunteers at the beginning of each search.

If I remember correctly wasn't the original search one that wasn't run by CUE. (I don't remember if the LE that had jurisdiction in the case was running it or not.)

One of my concerns is that we don't how the remains ended up there to start with. If this was a homeless person that merely happened to be in that area, it will likely have no connection to HE's case. Again, the area has to be checked out and done thoroughly because it is someone's family member. I get that. But I'm not hearing of searches in other areas that maybe just as likely to yield the similar results and the original objective is - or was - to find HE. Of course, it may be because CUE is lacking in volunteers needed to cover more than one area.

LE is purposely or inadvertently creating a vacuum here. Being on a search you know when head out into the woods that the chances of finding anything related to the missing person is infinitesimally small. You are running on hope. Actually, my questions here give me more appreciation for the efforts of these volunteers who are donating their time. Its tough.

Here is a slight modification to the theory of her driving down to PTL to meet someone she knew;

"She was on her phone browsing tumblr and Facebook and talked to her roommate inside of her car at PTL at 2am and 2:30 am sitting there waiting for the perp... Infact she left not too long after arriving home from her date. Once the perp took her to the destination (at around 3AM) the perp took her phone away and turned it off."

No evidence to that quote. nothing to make it seem anything less than pure speculation. Just local gossip. The only thing that remotely made it plausible for me is that it would not have seemed like she left for PTL so dang late!! I just don't see her going out at 3 or 3:30AM all the way out to PTL. Only a crack addict would do that, Heather perhaps was a workaholic but she was not a drug addict! If she had left closer to 12:30AM or 1AM and waited there on her phone bored until they finally arrived after she made her last phone call... OOOKKKAAYY I can see that... Maybe.

IMO you are correct I've tried to remember this as well. She called the roommate around 3 but she could have been taken by someone before or after. I mean really.. How much activity do our phones see at this time??

Only thing that makes me feel like it's critical is that MSM says it last pinged at this time which means it went off. We young people do not let that happen often! Lol if so we find a charger ASAP

I've contemplated SO many scenarios including the "date" was completely a cover that someone forced her to say.? That someone was at her apartment when she got home?

But IMHO only!.. My gut tells me this was someone who knew or knew of her AND BW. Too many circumstances revolve around making sure BW was not around (like the 3am phone call)

Phones from bartenders/ servers/ bouncers see a lot of 3 am activity.

It's like the rest of the world getting off at 6pm and hashing out their day with friends over the phone at 7pm.

WOW...........so does that add up to 4 unknown? Is this a possible dumping ground for a SK???:banghead:

this is starting to sound very similar to the Gilgo Island bones found during the search for the Gilbert girl here on LI.

Man, all these bones are freaking me out.

We need to get a map going of the exact locations where all these bones are being found.

Only a crack addict would do that, Heather perhaps was a workaholic but she was not a drug addict! If she had left closer to 12:30AM or 1AM and waited there on her phone bored until they finally arrived after she made her last phone call... OOOKKKAAYY I can see that... Maybe.

Snipped.

Don't ever assume you know who does drugs and who doesn't and what lengths they would go to to hide it.

I dated a guy for a very long time that had a coke problem. Didn't find out until much later. Hindsight is 20-20.

Man, all these bones are freaking me out.

We need to get a map going of the exact locations where all these bones are being found.
I think in a way it becomes more of a "distraction" as it may become the new story line that MSM broadcasts..

I think in a way it becomes more of a "distraction" as it may become the new story line that MSM broadcasts..

Maybe that is why I have questions. The original objective is, or was, 'Find Heather.'

I think the perp(s) is likely reading here. jmo

<modsnip>

I think that whatever media attention Heather's case can garner, the better. If they want to sensationalize it, then so be it. jmo

I think that whatever media attention Heather's case can garner, the better. If they want to sensationalize it, then so be it. jmo

very true as long as they don't get sidetracked as the media tends to when a "new" story comes into focus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member