SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Found in a rural area only locals know, is what they claim...no condition or verification.

Sorry to say this is incorrect the admin was tired and meant to say her car was found in a rural area only locals would no

Not seeing anything...maybe a miscommunication re: her car?

I'm confused, but hope this is true and that she comes home safe. But the car was found before Heather was reported missing and that location probably wouldn't be considered "real rural, that only locals know" because it was a landing fisherman used.
Hoping for the best though.

I'm extending my sincerest apologies for disrupting Heather's thread (#3). My intense passion for truth and justice overtook the logical side of my being.

Hopefully, everyone posting understands I respect their opinions, thoughts, ideas, information and the WS TOS.

Most importantly, I would like to apologize to Heather and her family. Heather needs everyone to be helpful and working together; I promise to not fail Heather again.

PMB

People on the page are so focused on getting national media...what they need to do is get local,media and LE talking, IMO, at least to clarify timeline, where she was the evening prior, etc. Where did the Mexican restaurant come from? Just from Ng or elsewhere? Why not name it? Maybe people will remember seeing her, or a car following her date. It is more important, IMO, to get locals thinking and looking. I don't think a random stranger or passing serial predator would have parked her car, much less where it was found. More likely it would have been abandoned at side of the road, IMO. I think it was parked by someone who knew she was familiar with the place, assuming she did not go there on her own.

If she WAs abducted, I feel like it was a local who knew her pretty well. IMO more local-level coverage and info is needed, not Greta S., Nancy, etc...

I think all of the answers lie right here in Horry County. From what I pick up they think national media coverage will get people talking and calling in tips but locals need more information to help put the pieces together to locate Heather. No one knows what she was wearing, what time her car was found, when she was scheduled to work, etc. until last night we didn't know she was still employed at House of Blues. We were discussing Tilted Kilt.
Within the last 24 hours they're asking for the people cat fishing to come forward. I'm afraid this will turn into a cold case if they don't release solid information instead of bits and pieces that are causing mass confusion.
*If* this were an abduction it would be necessary for national media exposure, no one knows if she's left the state or not. Maybe they want someone to confess, that's what it's starting to look like.

I'm extending my sincerest apologies for disrupting Heather's thread (#3). My intense passion for truth and justice overtook the logical side of my being.

Hopefully, everyone posting understands I respect their opinions, thoughts, ideas, information and the WS TOS.

Most importantly, I would like to apologize to Heather and her family. Heather needs everyone to be helpful and working together; I promise to not fail Heather again.

PMB
I think we're all getting frustrated, it's the nature of the beast.

I think all of the answers lie right here in Horry County. From what I pick up they think national media coverage will get people talking and calling in tips but locals need more information to help put the pieces together to help find Heather. No one knows what she was wearing, what time her car was found, when she was scheduled to work, etc. until last night we didn't know she was still employed at House of Blues. We were discussing Tilted Kilt.
Within the last 24 hours they're asking for the people cat fishing to come forward. I'm afraid this will turn into a cold case if they don't release solid information instead of bits and pieces that are causing mass confusion.
*If* this were an abduction it would be necessary for national media exposure, no one knows if she's left the state or not. Maybe they want someone to confess, that's what it's starting to look like.

Well I don't think a confession is forthcoming, if a crime has been committed against Heather, JMO. I think the perp(s) would be the type who are not about to put their freedom at risk. What is disheartening to me is other cases, like Lauren Spierer and Kortne Stouffer, where it seems even the people they were with that night are not being especially helpful. It makes it impossible for LE to move on past their immediate circles if people won't talk, get lawyers, are evasive, etc. And it seems to me, a lot of young people can stay hardened against parents' pleas for help longer (or forever) than you'd expect. Lauren's parents have been heartbreaking to watch beg for her "friends" to please cooperate.

If Heather went out for food, I think there is a slight chance she ran into a stranger. The flaw there is where her car ended up. But if she went out after making contact with a friend or acquaintance, then no, no stranger. So that last communication is vital, obviously, and LE must know who that involves.

Third ,remote scenario, for me is her going out due to a bout of severe depression, with intent to harm herself. But then I think her purse and phone would have been left in her car, unless she had pills in there, for example, and wanted to call,or text someone at the time. Really wonder what that 3:41 communication was. Could it have been something that makes LE hesitate in calling foul play for certain?

All JMO I can't think of any other scenarios.
JMO

I am glad to know that LE has combed through surveillance tape from local businesses. I know it is a long process doing that and it could take days but it gives me more hope in the LE in the area and that they are exhausting all resources.

Anything is possible but I'll just reiterate as a formal local to the area that it is just as likely that HE did not know her abductor (if there is one) than if she did.

The key to this investigation hinges on the reason HE left her condo that night. She could have been taken from her condo as has been theorized here, but however she left her home can open up the how's and the why's. I suspect LE knows this or atleast has an idea.

If she was taken from her home, there possibly would have been signs of a struggle or forced entry. If she left willingly other signs would be evident. Either way, I think it is important to establish that.

Just thinking aloud, if LE found, say, a text from Heather as that last communication that displayed a possible unstable or depressed mindset...could that be partly why they are not sure if they have a crime here?

Nightmares now.

Tons of these creeps walking freely among us. :( It's really unbelievable.

<I just want to mention this, speaking of RSOs and nightmares...its o/t, but I'm having extreme fear and panic attacks about ARS (thoughts like, "What if he escapes?"). I decided yesterday that for this reason and this reason solely, I believe in the death penalty. Before I was on the fence). It is not worth even having this as a possibility, him escaping, no matter how small. We'd put a rabid dog down, right? Sorry for the o/t. I needed to express this fear bc it is eating me alive. I don't think ARS, or any of these monsters should share the same air as us. Thanks for listening. I know I need therapy. jmo>

Back to Heather. Where are you sweetheart? Hoping for some good news tomorrow.

I think he's deliriously tired and doesn't realize he's causing more confusion on the FHE page. That man has been going 30 hours with no sleep. His body and mind need some peaceful rest. He's not doing anyone any good until he's refreshed.

I believe you are correct. After rereading, I see that he had just posted the car photo. Perhaps thought that he was posting his comments under the photo. and he does sound very tired. hope he will get some good rest.
I still have hope that Heather will be found safe.

I think all of the answers lie right here in Horry County. From what I pick up they think national media coverage will get people talking and calling in tips but locals need more information to help put the pieces together to locate Heather. No one knows what she was wearing, what time her car was found, when she was scheduled to work, etc. until last night we didn't know she was still employed at House of Blues. We were discussing Tilted Kilt.
National media attention COULD be helpful if only because this happened during school breaks. Myrtle Beach is a place where people sometimes go to visit during school breaks (usually summer, but some in winter). If a tourist was in Myrtle Beach on the 17th or 18 and saw something, but went home before HE came up missing, they might have seen something that they don't know they saw, and they would have no idea it could be important.

JMO, speaking as a person who passes through places a lot, and without Websleuths would have no idea if anything had happened where I had just been.

Well I don't think a confession is forthcoming, if a crime has been committed against Heather, JMO. I think the perp(s) would be the type who are not about to put their freedom at risk. What is disheartening to me is other cases, like Lauren Spierer and Kortne Stouffer, where it seems even the people they were with that night are not being especially helpful. It makes it impossible for LE to move on past their immediate circles if people won't talk, get lawyers, are evasive, etc. And it seems to me, a lot of young people can stay hardened against parents' pleas for help longer (or forever) than you'd expect. Lauren's parents have been heartbreaking to watch beg for her "friends" to please cooperate.

If Heather went out for food, I think there is a slight chance she ran into a stranger. The flaw there is where her car ended up. But if she went out after making contact with a friend or acquaintance, then no, no stranger. So that last communication is vital, obviously, and LE must know who that involves.

Third ,remote scenario, for me is her going out due to a bout of severe depression, with intent to harm herself. But then I think her purse and phone would have been left in her car, unless she had pills in there, for example, and wanted to call,or text someone at the time. Really wonder what that 3:41 communication was. Could it have been something that makes LE hesitate in calling foul play for certain?

All JMO I can't think of any other scenarios.
JMO

Has Kourtney Stouffer ever been located?

I believe she met someone she knew at the landing. Someone who didn't want to go to her apartment for fear of being seen but Heather didn't feel threatened by them. I think the 3:41 Ping was in the area of PTL which is why so many searches were focused there, plus finding her car there. It's getting exhausting, if we could get a precise timeline it would make a huge difference. Too many what-if' sand not enough facts.

Just thinking aloud, if LE found, say, a text from Heather as that last communication that displayed a possible unstable or depressed mindset...could that be partly why they are not sure if they have a crime here?
Possible, but I'm thinking that there is no sign of a struggle, no sign of foul play, no sign that she was taken under duress or that there was an accident or flat tire....she is just missing and she is over 18. What kind of crime could they call it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dinkeydave