SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tons of these creeps walking freely among us. :( It's really unbelievable.

<I just want to mention this, speaking of RSOs and nightmares...its o/t, but I'm having extreme fear and panic attacks about ARS (thoughts like, "What if he escapes?"). I decided yesterday that for this reason and this reason solely, I believe in the death penalty. Before I was on the fence). It is not worth even having this as a possibility, him escaping, no matter how small. We'd put a rabid dog down, right? Sorry for the o/t. I needed to express this fear bc it is eating me alive. I don't think ARS, or any of these monsters should share the same air as us. Thanks for listening. I know I need therapy. jmo>

Back to Heather. Where are you sweetheart? Hoping for some good news tomorrow.

There are 180 plus listed in Myrtle Beach. Think of the time needed to check out each one of them.. Makes me sick.

So far NG spending more time on Colo running out of MJ

Didn't the caption above Heather's photo say: New Secrets Revealed? What were the new secrets? Did I miss something because I didn't hear anything new. NG also asked two questions (can't remember who the woman was she was asking) but she didn't give her a chance to answer both questions.

I'm not bashing NG. I'm thankful for her bringing awareness of Heather's case. And, I understand she really didn't have much to work with.

I also don't understand why NG keeps emphasizing HOB instead of the TK. Perhaps TK doesn't want any 'bad press'? Thoughts?

Possible, but I'm thinking that there is no sign of a struggle, no sign of foul play, no sign that she was taken under duress or that there was an accident or flat tire....she is just missing and she is over 18. What kind of crime could they call it?

True, yet I think most people feel she was abducted. I am not convinced of anything either way.

And no, Beba (my cat is named Bebe, lol), Kortne has been missing for eighteen months now.

Well I don't think a confession is forthcoming, if a crime has been committed against Heather, JMO. I think the perp(s) would be the type who are not about to put their freedom at risk. What is disheartening to me is other cases, like Lauren Spierer and Kortne Stouffer, where it seems even the people they were with that night are not being especially helpful. It makes it impossible for LE to move on past their immediate circles if people won't talk, get lawyers, are evasive, etc. And it seems to me, a lot of young people can stay hardened against parents' pleas for help longer (or forever) than you'd expect. Lauren's parents have been heartbreaking to watch beg for her "friends" to please cooperate.

If Heather went out for food, I think there is a slight chance she ran into a stranger. The flaw there is where her car ended up. But if she went out after making contact with a friend or acquaintance, then no, no stranger. So that last communication is vital, obviously, and LE must know who that involves.

Third ,remote scenario, for me is her going out due to a bout of severe depression, with intent to harm herself. But then I think her purse and phone would have been left in her car, unless she had pills in there, for example, and wanted to call,or text someone at the time. Really wonder what that 3:41 communication was. Could it have been something that makes LE hesitate in calling foul play for certain?

All JMO I can't think of any other scenarios.
JMO
Do you know, was it a 3:41 COMMUNICATION or just a PING? Cell phones "ping" towers every 7-10 seconds to look for messages and see if there is still a tower in range, but there are not always any available for the phone. Do you know which is was, by chance? TIA.

There are 180 plus listed in Myrtle Beach. Think of the time needed to check out each one of them.. Makes me sick.

Want to hear something really scary? When Alice Donavan was abducted, I was at that Walmart at the same time it happened. I used to think nothing of going out alone but after that happened~I'm a lot more cautious and more aware of my surroundings. Not to mention, I took a CW course and obtained my carry permit.

Didn't the caption above Heather's photo say: New Secrets Revealed? What were the new secrets? Did I miss something because I didn't hear anything new. NG also asked two questions (can't remember who the woman was she was asking) but she didn't give her a chance to answer both questions.

I'm not basking NG. I'm thankful for her bringing awareness of Heather's case. And, I understand she really didn't have much to work with.

I also don't understand why NG keeps emphasizing HOB instead of the TK. Perhaps TK doesn't want any 'bad press'? Thoughts?

That was my first thought about TK too, hope the NG coverage brings some good leads and answers for you and your family.

Want to hear something really scary? When Alice Donavan was abducted, I was at that Walmart at the same time it happened. I used to think nothing of going out alone but after that happened~I'm a lot more cautious and more aware of my surroundings. Not to mention, I took a CW course and obtained my carry permit.

LadyHawkke, I had some time to research the local Walmart there on Seaboard. The police have been called over 3,000 times.

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/22453...ce-high-at-walmart-superstore-in-myrtle-beach

Do you know, was it a 3:41 COMMUNICATION or just a PING? Cell phones "ping" towers every 7-10 seconds to look for messages and see if there is still a tower in range, but there are not always any available for the phone. Do you know which is was, by chance? TIA.

Not a ping, her father saw it in the log of the phone, but did not know, or say, if a call or a text.

True, yet I think most people feel she was abducted. I am not convinced of anything either way.

And no, Beba (my cat is named Bebe, lol), Kortne has been missing for eighteen months now.

I have been wanting to say that your dog and cat are adorable!

I'm not basking NG. I'm thankful for her bringing awareness of Heather's case. And, I understand she really didn't have much to work with.

Oh, LadyHawkke...words can not express how horribly surreal this must be for all of you, your family on Nancy Grace, not knowing anything...I am SO sorry.

My opinion is that LE might be working on something relating to someone(s) at the TK, and they specifically told NG not to mention it in order not to compromise the integrity of the investigation.

<edit: another thought is that maybe the TK's attorney(s) sent NG a letter of some sort?>

<edit2: or maybe we should be looking closer at the HOB? It is really close to where Amber was found, IIRC <going back to check>>

<edit3: maybe it's just a matter of bad reporting?>

Oh, LadyHawkke...words can not express how horribly surreal this must be for all of you, your family on Nancy Grace, not knowing anything...I am SO sorry.

My opinion is that LE might be working on something relating to someone(s) at the TK, and they specifically told NG not to mention it in order not to compromise the integrity of the investigation.

<edit: another thought is that maybe the TK's attorney(s) sent NG a letter of some sort?>

I don't think so. She is not breaking any laws or committing slander by saying Heather worked at the TK. Also, two segments on Nancy Grace, less than 10 minutes of airtime in all, is not really going to have an effect on the TK's business.

<edit2: or maybe we should be looking closer at the HOB? It is really close to where Amber was found, IIRC <going back to check>

<edit3: maybe it's just a matter of bad reporting?>

I thought TK was being very open and helpful re: Heather?

I know some of you will think I'm awful for saying this but I believe that there should be a way to microchip sex offenders in order to track them. They pose so much danger to children and women that I believe it could remedy some problems by immediately being able to locate or track their footprints.
If that method fails and they're sexually assaulting impose the death penalty, these are people that are a menace to our society. There is no need to give them multiple chances to wreck an innocent life. If criminals are getting tougher we need to do the same.

That's frightening!! I'm really thinking I want to get my carry permit. My daughter and I were just recently discussing doing so. She is a manager at a seaside tourist town in Maine and the business stays open very late to accommodate visitors to the area ..... Usually has coworkers to walk together to cars, but once in a while she has had to go it alone.

I thought TK was being very open and helpful re: Heather?

This is true, they do appear to have been helpful. As I said upstream, their willingness to put flyers. etc. is a stark contrast to the bar associated with Terrilynn Monette's case.

I don't think so. She is not breaking any laws or committing slander by saying Heather worked at the TK. Also, two segments on Nancy Grace, less than 10 minutes of airtime in all, is not really going to have an effect on the TK's business.

However, hypothetically, speculatively, say there was some sort of oversight in TK's, say, hiring process, or security process...did they screen all their employees, contractors, etc?

This situation could be bad for business all round. I'm not making any accusations here, but for discussion purposes, I can see it being likely that TK doesn't want their name on national news, scaring people off, whether its prospective waitresses, customers, who knows.

Again, this is all hypothetically. jmo

I was shocked to find out how many cold blooded murderers are released for "good behavior". That should never, ever happen. Another good reason for the death penalty.

I have been wanting to say that your dog and cat are adorable!

Yes, me too. Cluciano always has the cuuuutest avatars!

Not a ping, her father saw it in the log of the phone, but did not know, or say, if a call or a text.

And to add to this, if I interpreted his words on NG correctly, LE did not give him any specifics re: the pinging.

I hope you go back and shoot from time to time ladyhawke. My New Years resolution this year is to take a refresher course and be a skilled, sharp shooting, rooting tooting force to be reckoned with.

I know some of you will think I'm awful for saying this but I believe that there should be a way to microchip sex offenders in order to track them. They pose so much danger to children and women that I believe it could remedy some problems by immediately being able to locate or track their footprints.
If that method fails and they're sexually assaulting impose the death penalty, these are people that are a menace to our society. There is no need to give them multiple chances to wreck an innocent life. If criminals are getting tougher we need to do the same.

This is going to sound really sick, but I actually recently had this discussion with a group of my peers at a potluck. Because obviously these ankle bracelets do not always work. One person mentioned that one problem with microchipping could that the offender would likely try to cut it out/ have it surgically removed. So we came to the conclusion that maybe they should implant them where the guy is SURE to not to want to cut it out. One place in particular comes to mind.

I'm afraid we may be drifting off topic here, sorry about that. Maybe I'll start a thread on the idea of Penis Microchips.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member