SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Due to the recent Police Impersonator violent rapist in Springdale, SC 10/2013, and the 12/2013 theft of the law enforcement vehicle from the same area.
I've been researching police impersonator cases in SC/NC and across the US.

You wouldn't believe the number of police impersonators that are out there.. The common motive for this ruse is robbery, but in more than one incident, impersonating a police officer was attributed to sexual assaults of unsuspecting victims.

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/explore?tag=police-impersonator

RECENT "POLICE IMPERSONATOR" STORIES, VIDEO AND GALLERIES

How to Identify a Police Impersonator

Criminals across the country have tried to impersonate police officers. Some police impersonators pull over unsuspecting people while driving. Women are especially vulnerable. Most people trust a police officer and let their guard down. The crimes impersonators commit range from robbery, to rape and murder. There are steps you can take to help you identify a police impersonator and avoid becoming a victim.

Read more: http://www.ehow.com/how_2318220_identify-police-impersonator.html#ixzz2poU1SQRN

Springdale police working new leads in search for cop impersonator who sexually assaulted Midlands Tech student (Springdale, SC)
Posted: Oct 25, 2013
http://www.wistv.com/story/24338124/police-issue-warning-after-law-enforcement-vehicle-stolen

http://www.wistv.com/story/24338124/police-issue-warning-after-law-enforcement-vehicle-stolen

Police issue warning after law enforcement vehicle stolen (Springdale, SC)
Posted: Dec 31, 2013

What if someone impersonating a LEO knocked on her door... and she opened it? IMO, that is very possible too.
Thanks for that info foxfire.

Due to the recent Police Impersonator violent rapist in Springdale, SC 10/2013, and the 12/2013 theft of the law enforcement vehicle from the same area.
I've been researching police impersonator cases in SC/NC and across the US.

You wouldn't believe the number of police impersonators that are out there.. The common motive for this ruse is robbery, but in more than one incident, impersonating a police officer was attributed to sexual assaults of unsuspecting victims.

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/explore?tag=police-impersonator

RECENT "POLICE IMPERSONATOR" STORIES, VIDEO AND GALLERIES

How to Identify a Police Impersonator

Criminals across the country have tried to impersonate police officers. Some police impersonators pull over unsuspecting people while driving. Women are especially vulnerable. Most people trust a police officer and let their guard down. The crimes impersonators commit range from robbery, to rape and murder. There are steps you can take to help you identify a police impersonator and avoid becoming a victim.

Read more: http://www.ehow.com/how_2318220_identify-police-impersonator.html#ixzz2poU1SQRN

Springdale police working new leads in search for cop impersonator who sexually assaulted Midlands Tech student (Springdale, SC)
Posted: Oct 25, 2013

Police issue warning after law enforcement vehicle stolen (Springdale, SC)
Posted: Dec 31, 2013

I get a cop impersonator/first responder vibe out of this case too.

A few folks have the opinion that HE, may be the victim of human sex trafficking. Imo, she does not fit the normal age profile preferred by traffickers.

http://www.nbcnews.com/video/nbcnews.com/52610652?cid=social10234354#52612561

FBI Sex Trafficking Sting 07/29/2013

Great job by the FBI & State/Federal/Local Law Enforcement over the weekend. 105 teenagers were rescued during a national sex trafficking operation. 150 people were arrested as well. The victims ranged in age from 13-17:

Sex trafficking always comes up in these cases we follow here, but I've never had it actually happen (in the missing person I follow on WS).

Usually winds up being someone who has had contact with the victim ...... thought there are some really random, being in the wrong place, wrong crimes like Mickey Shunick...

I am stuck on the 3:41 communication, as it is difficult to see, if it was local, how the person on the end of it would not know something. If she initiated it, she either wanted to meet or talk, IMO.

http://www.hlntv.com/slideshow/2014/01/07/elvis-heather-missing-after-date-myrtle-beach-car-found
There is more information in this article from hln than the 2 minutes she aired nothing new about heather! At least the article quotes the roommate and mentions tilted kilt!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just catching up from over night. My immediate thoughts are-

-while he's been cleared the date obviously knew HE well enough before hand not only to let her drive his car, teach her to drive it but he also knew what sort of car she drove. IMO if he was newly known to her he probably wouldn't be familiar with waft she drove.

-is PTL on a hill? I couldn't tell as much from the video, but wondering if it was parked at an angle so that unless you were at PTL, the car was unnoticeable in hopes to give someone longer before HE is reported missing?

-sounds like roommates call was at 2 not the last communication as we all had thought. So what was that 3:41am showing up on the bill? Trying to get my online bill now as I'm pretty sure ours shows texts with times & # & data usage with times along with calls. (I have AT&T)

Just catching up from over night. My immediate thoughts are-

-while he's been cleared the date obviously knew HE well enough before hand not only to let her drive his car, teach her to drive it but he also knew what sort of car she drove. IMO if he was newly known to her he probably wouldn't be familiar with waft she drove.

-is PTL on a hill? I couldn't tell as much from the video, but wondering if it was parked at an angle so that unless you were at PTL, the car was unnoticeable in hopes to give someone longer before HE is reported missing?

-sounds like roommates call was at 2 not the last communication as we all had thought. So what was that 3:41am showing up on the bill? Trying to get my online bill now as I'm pretty sure ours shows texts with times & # & data usage with times along with calls. (I have AT&T)
Sorta. Peachtree Landing is at the very end of Peachtree RD. Actually the road dead ends at the Landing. It does have sort of an incline. Not very hilly.

From what I observed from being down at the landing 12/28 her car, from what I was told looked like it had been parked like in a space. They don't have actually parking spaces defined, you just park where you can.

From what I observed from being down at the landing 12/28 her car, from what I was told looked like it had been parked like in a space. They don't have actually parking spaces defined, you just park where you can.

Isn't that the opposite of what Terry is quoted as saying?

Not unusual - just look at the missing solider from Fayetteville, NC Kelli Bordeaux; nothing has been done in this case from the state. She's been missing for almost 2 years.

www.findkelli.com

As you may remember, sundrop, I followed Kelli's case closely. You are right, we have not heard anything in a long long time about Kelli...and I often check. But, in her case I do remember that there were at least 2 press conferences in the weeks after she went missing, if not more. They also put out pictures of her, what she was wearing, what kind of phone she had etc. It wasn't a lot of info...and I have since been frustrated by the lack of updates in KB's case...but, they did at the very least offer press conferences in the beginning. Unfortunately, the searches have thus far proved fruitless. Here is a link to Kelli's thread for anyone interested...she went missing from Fayeteville, NC and was last known to be with a RSO. :banghead:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=202298&page=16

Didn't he say parallel to the River? Or I missed something?

“It was locked, parked parallel to the edge instead of straight on,” Terry Elvis said.

Unless in my not bring familiar with PTL I missed that the parking spots are parallel? It seems he wouldn't have mentioned it unless it was out of the ordinary....

Please correct me if I am wrong...

6. 3am

I would agree that a factual timeline is needed. I requested in a previous post, but haven't seen one. Maybe I will post the one I have going.

1. Not until Friday the 20th. But, I am not certain to the extent of search.

2. Sometime late Thursday the 19th.

3. No. Never released from LE. So, your estimate is safe to say. I would even say between 10:43pm and 01:57:12

4. Never released from LE.

• [*]HE had no activity on FB from 12/13 12:22am.
    [*]HE had no activity on Twitter Account #1 from 11/2913 05:21pm.
    [*]Cannot determine activity of Twitter Account #2.
    [*]HE last post on Tumblr Account on 12/18/13 at 2:09:48am.
    [*]No posts on HE Tumblr Account from 7/13-10/13.
    [*]Last Vine post was in 8/13.

BBM, this is interesting and leads me to the questions did she create new accounts? Did she feel she was being "stalked" by sm? Or was she doing something that she didn't want to post about? Something is up with this, imo.

“It was locked, parked parallel to the edge instead of straight on,” Terry Elvis said.

Unless in my not bring familiar with PTL I missed that the parking spots are parallel? It seems he wouldn't have mentioned it unless it was out of the ordinary....

It sounds like the car was parked longways along the edge of the parking lot, rather than being pulled in straight and facing the water (hope that makes sense). A poster upthread also said that there aren't really marked parking spaces there, that you just kind of park wherever you like. It does sound kind of odd to me that she would have parked the car the way her father described it, but maybe with it being that late at night she didn't expect many other people to come into the landing?

Hi everyone! I'm a newbie here and this is my first post (please be patient while I learn), but I've been following this case since it first hit local media that HE was missing. The fact that I live a little over an hour away from the MB area and also have family in M.I. where I spent countless summers growing up (lived there by myself for two of those while in my late teens) ~ this case has for some reason or another, grabbed my attention and touched my heart so much that I had to post.

To the family & friends of HE (as well as all those assisting w/ this case)~ please know that my thoughts and prayers are w/ you every single day.

To the WS community ~ you all ROCK!! Thank you for what you do here to help those in need.

Although I don't know HE or her family personally, I hope that I am able to assist in some way. I don't frequent the Inlet as much as I used to or would like to anymore (family, job, responsibilities, etc), but I can say I know of & have been to a lot of the places mentioned here. Looking back now, I'm glad I no longer wear those "rose colored glasses" that I wore when I was living there.

Having said that & having read most of the posts here ~ IMO this is someone HE knew and not some random perp...I feel someone close to her knows the truth and I just pray that they put aside their fear and do the right thing. From my experience, people are a lot quicker to forgive when you tell the truth (no matter how ugly it may be) than when you lie and cause others unjust pain and suffering...jmo

I so agree with this, it's my thought too.

If you google 6699 Peachtree Rd, the PTL address, zoom in close and you will see white truck parked. Parallel to the river. Also you will see how the area looks.

I also saw something that the dad said -- it was parallel not pulled in a spot.
I interpreted this to mean if there were marked spaces the car would've been across some part of 2 or 3 spaces. Like she just pulled up and didn't intend to stay long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PTL is a known area to hangout, drink beer, go skinny dipping, etc. It is not unusual for people to be in that area late night. We did all that in high school.

I also saw something that the dad said -- it was parallel not pulled in a spot.
I interpreted this to mean if there were marked spaces the car would've been across some part of 2 or 3 spaces. Like she just pulled up and didn't intend to stay long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
As i stated before no defined parking spaces. Google 6699 Peachtree Rd., zoom in and get an idea about what I trying to explain. Thanks!

Interesting statement on NG's article by HE's father. He said the car was locked and parked parallel instead of straight in.

Unless out of habit, how many people dumping a car would lock it? It's not like they care if it's broken in to, or they will be back for it later. But if she were leaving her car to go somewhere else, or with someone else she would probably lock her car before she left.

Some makes and models of car automatically lock themselves a few minutes after they've been parked if the key isn't in the ignition. (I locked myself out of my 2002 Camry once when I left my keys on the seat...) I haven't been able to find for sure whether a 2001 Intrepid is one of them, though.

The worst of all questions to ask...any I am sorry to do so, but when is garbage pick up around her apartment or around PTL? Also, have there been any landfill searches?
Seems to me...we would have heard something about that...LEO surely know that is a place to look during these awful cases. If they are not/have not searched there...then IMO...that is telling in and of itself. It gives me the impression that LE knows a lot more then they are telling us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missing-CC