SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is a little nasty, especially after people partying, throwing out trash when they come off the river unfortunately. Dumping fish they don't want to keep, emptying bait buckets, etc.

That's frightening!! I'm really thinking I want to get my carry permit. My daughter and I were just recently discussing doing so. She is a manager at a seaside tourist town in Maine and the business stays open very late to accommodate visitors to the area ..... Usually has coworkers to walk together to cars, but once in a while she has had to go it alone.

Absolutely do it. My DD and I got our carry permits a year ago. LE will hardly ever get to you fast enough to help stop an attack on you. If and when you are able to call LE, it will be after an attack is over and too late to help. I bought a Ruger LCP. Small, compact, easy to carry, and by design, almost impossible to accidentally shoot. It's a .380 auto and ammo is available, where 9mm ammo is hard to find.

Would you go down to the boat landing to practice driving stick around. Is it big enough for that kind of thing

For Heather: by, me...kinda just came out...please feel to copy to your posts and add to it...

Moonchild, Moonchild
Shine your light
A crescent beam
and make it bright!!

Seeking a glimmer
on a dark, cold night
dear twinkling soul
please guide us right

we know you're out there
we try to see
hope, we have
we must believe!

Would you go down to the boat landing to practice driving stick around. Is it big enough for that kind of thing
Sure, but if she was not familiar with stick shift might not be safe, IMO. If you are not familiar with that area you can run right into the water. I know she was familiar with that landing as I have seen several comments stating that.

The obvious reason for heading to an area like that at that time is to smoke some herbs. The last cell activity is key without a doubt.

IMO...I remember practicing stick when I was younger...and in doing so, I would def. not have wanted to go anywhere near open water. Lot's of herky, jerky when learning stick...for me, anyway.

Maybe she drove somewhere so she could practice some more learning to drive stick. She couldn't do it in her apartment because of all the cars.

I learned to drive stick on a tractor in the fields, moved up to dirt roads in a truck. I stalled several times before getting the hang of it.

Keep in mind, though. She was learning to drive stick earlier in the evening, on her date. Which had ended. So, would she really go back out to drive stick again later in the evening? Seems, it was more a part of her date...IMO
I wonder if there is anything to glean from the picture she sent her dad, though? Anything in the background of the picture. Or, if it's just inside the car.

If you rotate the google map and zoom in closely, her car was parked exactly where the white truck is, parked the same way from what I was told. They made a cross of flowers on the ground at that spot.

The Flowers & Cross were not that close to the water. I know, I saw and know Peach Tree Landing well.:twocents::twocents: The wreath & cross close to the water is for a local fisherman that passed away.

There was no phone activity after 3:41 a.m. Wed..
Her family wasn't aware anything was wrong until her car was found on Thursday late afternoon/evening.

Approximately 36 hours , none of her friends were able to contact her.. take away 12 hours when anyone trying to contact her would assume she might be sleeping , still leaves 24 hours of silence. Am curious if it was normal for HE to take time off from being in contact with close friends . I would think her closest friends trying to contact her would ask other friends, have you heard from HE ? And I certainly hope, if any of my daughter's friends couldn't reach her for over 24 hours that one of them would send me a message asking if she was okay.

Keep in mind, though. She was learning to drive stick earlier in the evening, on her date. Which had ended. So, would she really go back out to drive stick again later in the evening? Seems, it was more a part of her date...IMO
I wonder if there is anything to glean from the picture she sent her dad, though? Anything in the background of the picture. Or, if it's just inside the car.

That's what I was thinking too. It seems like learning to drive stick was during or around the time she was on her date, judging by the time she sent the text to her dad. At that time, her car would've still been at her apartment according to what her date said.

I also wonder if anything can be seen in the background of that photo. I'm guessing probably not, due to the fact that it was dark (providing she sent the pic pretty close to the time it was taken, which I'd say she did since she seemed proud of the fact that she could now drive a manual). The camera's flash probably would've bounced off the driver's side door glass, not allowing for any background to be seen.

That's what I was thinking too. It seems like learning to drive stick was during or around the time she was on her date, judging by the time she sent the text to her dad. At that time, her car would've still been at her apartment according to what her date said.

I also wonder if anything can be seen in the background of that photo. I'm guessing probably not, due to the fact that it was dark (providing she sent the pic pretty close to the time it was taken, which I'd say she did since she seemed proud of the fact that she could now drive a manual). The camera's flash probably would've bounced off the driver's side door glass, not allowing for any background to be seen.

Wouldn't you send pics to your best friend to.

The obvious reason for heading to an area like that at that time is to smoke some herbs. The last cell activity is key without a doubt.
She wouldn't have to go out there to do that. She had her own apartment that she could smoke in if she wanted to.

Maybe she drove somewhere so she could practice some more learning to drive stick. She couldn't do it in her apartment because of all the cars.

The stick shift she was practicing on was her date's truck. Her car was automatic.

I do think it's key.
My thoughts differ slightly. Let's say she met someone, I'm going to say a married guy, but other scenarios could maybe fit, maybe she threatens to tell his wife something (maybe they party together, maybe they were once seeing each other??)
She calls the wife, he snaps, hangs up her phone, snaps and bad things happen from there.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or maybe she broke up with the married man (maybe even 66 days ago) and he called her. Maybe he knew she was starting to see someone else?

Peach Tree Landing does not have parking lines to park within from what I saw last week. It's basically parking the best way you can if you have a boat trailer & a vehicle. Personally, I don't think she is around the water now.

She wouldn't have to go out there to do that. She had her own apartment that she could smoke in if she wanted to.

The stick shift she was practicing on was her date's truck. Her car was automatic.

Or maybe she broke up with the married man (maybe even 66 days ago) and he called her. Maybe he knew she was starting to see someone else?

What was her reason for learning to drive stick. If her date went so well its reasonable to think she might go back out to do it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member