SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking if the person responsible planned this out maybe they stashed a bike near by to ride home because they planned to stash the car there.

I posed that same scenario. Except, that you could VERY easily remove the front wheel of a mountain bike or a small frame road bike and put it in the back behind the driver. Park the car. Remove the bike. Put on front wheel. All could be done in one to two minutes.

Here's a question for mods - does a verified insider have to provide MSM links in this case, or can they say things as such ....

Verified insiders do not need links, but they can't post rumors or gossip. It has to be something they know first hand in some way.

If you have a specific concern about an insider, please contact me privately. I will not ever disclose the identity of any of our members, but I am the one who would convey any issues to the insider/professional poster if there is a problem or concern.

I posed that same scenario. Except, that you could VERY easily remove the front wheel of a mountain bike or a small frame road bike and put it in the back behind the driver. Park the car. Remove the bike. Put on front wheel. All could be done in one to two minutes.

If that's what happened though, are you saying it was just a car dump and HE was never actually at PTL?

I'm wondering if it was a first date or someone she'd known for awhile too. I don't let anyone drive my cars, and I know I definitely would not let someone I barely knew drive my car, *especially* if they didn't really know how to drive a manual. All kinds of things can get torn up if someone's not familiar with driving a manual, and car repairs can get costly. It's been said that there were a lot of racer/tuner types in her circle of friends, and most of those people are VERY particular about their cars, so they probably wouldn't really want someone learning to drive a manual in their vehicles (not to mention most are those cars are likely modified, and probably not the best type of car to learn on).

If it was indeed the date's car that she was driving, Nancy Grace said last night that the date is cooperating so it doesn't sound like he's involved. I just wish they'd say if it was or wasn't the date's car. I also wonder if they went on the date alone, or if friends went with them or maybe met up with them after they had dinner.
I think the timeline for that particular photo/text was at 10:30pm I would guess it was the dates car .....and following your line of thought I would tend to agree they were acquaintances before they went on the date as far as letting her drive the car. I wonder if it (photo) was a still or a video (guessing still).

There is also the possibility someone called her to come get them or for some reason. Maybe she was set up. I am still not sure if two people were involved. One person gets rid of the car and one person takes her.

The situation as it involves the car really bothers me. Even though there has not been a press conference, I would think a quick spot on the news of a LE official standing at the landing and stating: "If you used the landing or came to the landing between the early morning hours of the 18th to _____, we NEED to talk to you. If you are such a person, just because you did not witness anything happen, you are still likely to have very valuable information for this case." Or words to that effect.

To any of the locals on here....has LE tried anything like this?

My first post ~

I am thankful that NG featured this case last night. However, I think she was rushed and not organized with her facts or thoughts. I am hoping that her producers will invest themselves into the HE's disappearance and will begin to dig into the case an get the points correct because I felt like I could have done a a better job with the interview just from reading these threads and all the SM posts and FHE FB page

What I did learn from the NG show that somehow MB local reporters have failed to report is

*The date was at a Mexican Restaurant and date is not a suspect

*HE sent her dad a photo/text excited about driving a stick shift around the 10:30 hr

*Last contact? or ping? or text? that came from HE cell phone was at 3:41am and that Dad found that out through his discovery because they share the account

*LE knows the location of the last ping but aren't telling the dad

I pray for a safe return but think something has dreadful has happened to HE

Sharing more of my thoughts and opinions:

I think the LE knows way more than they will ever share and the reason is because they don't want to jeopardize a discovery of HE or the possible link to whoever was responsible for her disappearance.

Sometimes I think some pleads on FHEFB page are direct appeals to someone who they think knows something and aren't coming forward.

I pray for her family everyday and will continue to pray for a safe return of Heather until we hear otherwise.

Nice post Andi! Welcome!!
Agree with your assessment of NG show.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The situation as it involves the car really bothers me. Even though there has not been a press conference, I would think a quick spot on the news of a LE official standing at the landing and stating: "If you used the landing or came to the landing between the early morning hours of the 18th to _____, we NEED to talk to you. If you are such a person, just because you did not witness anything happen, you are still likely to have very valuable information for this case." Or words to that effect.

To any of the locals on here....has LE tried anything like this?

agreed.

There is also the possibility someone called her to come get them or for some reason. Maybe she was set up. I am still not sure if two people were involved. One person gets rid of the car and one person takes her.

That is certainly the simple explanation as to how the car could be planted there and the driver leave with only a small window of time in which to be noticed.

I posed that same scenario. Except, that you could VERY easily remove the front wheel of a mountain bike or a small frame road bike and put it in the back behind the driver. Park the car. Remove the bike. Put on front wheel. All could be done in one to two minutes.[/QUOTE

Considering one of the cops knew her car , I would think it was pretty risky for someone to take hers and drive at such a late (?) time 3am/4am to an area that has such low/no traffic (Peachtree Rd). But people who do illegal things are taking risks anyway...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBSC View Post
Contrary to what some of you believe, Law Enforcement here is quite capable of handling this situation. They are not the Keystone Cops :)

Quite capable of handling it? So, not outside resources necessary? No need for the public to help? Just....all set?

My aunt once said to me...if someone offers to help in anyway...first, say 'yes'...then figure out what it is they can do to help you. I like her advice.

IMO.

Couldn't quote directly from the post, so copy-and-pasted....

andalso, Please do not put words in my mouth. Reading something into what someone posts doesn't make you right or accurate. I never implied anything that you posted - you inferred it. I was merely stating that our LE here was not a group of bumbling idiots, as some of you have alleged. I'm sure they are accepting any and all help offered. I think your aunt and I would have gotten along just fine ;-)

CNNs transcript of the interview says "other than that it was a business WITH a drive-through." When I listened to the interview I thought he addressed two videos, or said something to the effect of 'or' but CNN translates it as a business 'with' a video. Still could be either IMO, it's kind of hard to translate what he was saying.

I DVR'd NG and kept going back to listen to certain points and for this part that's what I heard too. Business with a drive thru. Or businesses with a drive thru.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This case is another sad one. It doesnt look too good right now.

The thing that baffles me are the details from when the date ended, and where she last saw her date. It sounds like he is cooperating, which is good. He would have to know where he last saw her and how they parted.

If she left her car there, and then entered her date's car for driving lessons, then at some point he would have had to drop her back off there. It is not clear if this was the spot he last saw her or not. If he dropped her off there and didnt stay around long enough to watch her drive off, then perhaps another person approached her as she was trying to enter her own car.

I hope LE has more information that they are pusuring. It doesnt sound good right now.

Considering one of the cops knew her car , I would think it was pretty risky for someone to take hers and drive at such a late (?) time 3am/4am to an area that has such low/no traffic (Peachtree Rd). But people who do illegal things are taking risks anyway...

...and something like THAT could be the slip up that leads to a break!

Can someone answer a question for me about the rules regarding comments made on FB ?
I have read the rules but still confused..
I know we cannot copy/paste/screenshot, got that. this part confuses me..

FB comments are considered rumor , rumor isn't allowed , paraphrasing is okay .

if someone makes an interesting comment on the FHEF...can I paraphrase the comment or am I only allowed to post a link to the FHEF and direct others to certain area on the page ?

As for people wondering how cops knew her car. In my town the cops are tight with the folks that are getting off work at 3 or 4 am. They would often lead us out of town on our way home. Or would often assist us with the last drunk that wouldn't leave. Or just stop to chat at 3:30 when we were taking the trash out.

When you're the only ones awake in the world after they roll up the side walks, you get to know each other. IMO.

Can someone answer a question for me about the rules regarding comments made on FB ?
I have read the rules but still confused..
I know we cannot copy/paste/screenshot, got that. this part confuses me..

FB comments are considered rumor , rumor isn't allowed , paraphrasing is okay .

if someone makes an interesting comment on the FHEF...can I paraphrase the comment or am I only allowed to post a link to the FHEF and direct others to certain area on the page ?

You can paraphrase or direct. We can all go hmmm. But we can't discuss it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member