SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How ramped are drugs in MB? I am not saying HE did anything but did someone around her? Why I ask is that my neighbors daughter was murdered at her home years ago just because her brother dealed in drugs and the perp thought he could get drugs from her! She BTW was found in a garden shed.

This case is another sad one. It doesnt look too good right now.

The thing that baffles me are the details from when the date ended, and where she last saw her date. It sounds like he is cooperating, which is good. He would have to know where he last saw her and how they parted.

If she left her car there, and then entered her date's car for driving lessons, then at some point he would have had to drop her back off there. It is not clear if this was the spot he last saw her or not. If he dropped her off there and didnt stay around long enough to watch her drive off, then perhaps another person approached her as she was trying to enter her own car.

I hope LE has more information that they are pusuring. It doesnt sound good right now.

Replying to my own post because I just read more about this case in some links.

From what I read, it appears she was dropped off at her apartment after the date.

If so, that means she was either taken right from her apartment or she had left the apartment after the date on her own, and then was abducted somewhere else.

Since the car was found at another location, it seems to me that she must have left the apartment in her own vehicle, and then she was taken while she had her car out. I would hope if she left the apartment, that maybe she told someone where she was going. That would at least provide a clue as to where she was heading.

It is like others said. Either she drove to that spot and was taken from there. Or she drove somewhere else, and then the perp(s) dumped her vehicle where it was found.

How ramped are drugs in MB? I am not saying HE did anything but did someone around her? Why I ask is that my neighbors daughter was murdered at her home years ago just because her brother dealed in drugs and the perp thought he could get drugs from her! She BTW was found in a garden shed.

Im not saying this case had anything to do with drugs, but....This is a good post just to help remind us to try and not associate with people who deal in drugs. So many bad things can happen when people are desparate for drugs and they dont have the money to get them. It is tough for young people when good friends and relatives dabble in drugs because the friends dont want to not associate with them. But it is important to try to stay away from the whole scene. Bad things seem to eventually happen.

Drugs are everywhere these days, and so this town is probably no different than any others, and drugs can be found if one pursues them.

Last I checked we don't have any verified insiders in this case?

Replying to my own post because I just read more about this case in some links.

From what I read, it appears she was dropped off at her apartment after the date.

If so, that means she was either taken right from her apartment or she had left the apartment after the date on her own, and then was abducted somewhere else.

Since the car was found at another location, it seems to me that she must have left the apartment in her own vehicle, and then she was taken while she had her car out. I would hope if she left the apartment, that maybe she told someone where she was going. That would at least provide a clue as to where she was heading.

It is like others said. Either she drove to that spot and was taken from there. Or she drove somewhere else, and then the perp(s) dumped her vehicle where it was found.

keep reading, you'll see she was online (Tumblr) after being dropped off and spoke to her room mate (discussing her date).

The situation as it involves the car really bothers me. Even though there has not been a press conference, I would think a quick spot on the news of a LE official standing at the landing and stating: "If you used the landing or came to the landing between the early morning hours of the 18th to _____, we NEED to talk to you. If you are such a person, just because you did not witness anything happen, you are still likely to have very valuable information for this case." Or words to that effect.

To any of the locals on here....has LE tried anything like this?

IMO I think it was crucial, in the beginning, that a picture of her car should have been shown TV also. Oh and on her poster. Why it wasn't, IDK.

It's disturbing how many comments I see on online articles that almost seem to blame Heather because of how she was dressed in pictures, because she worked at Tilted Kilt, because she went on a date, because she was out very late. Unfortunately, victim-blaming is rampant in our society, and even if someone doesn't explicitly think that a victim "deserved it" or was "asking for it", just having it in their subconscious that the victim did something "wrong" can have an effect on how much sympathy, concern, and interest they have.

So, to be clear, we are accepting HE drug use as fact, and we are usually allowed to provide a link to a victims Social Media account, but are not to do so I this case? I'm just trying to be clear on this.

I'm pretty confused about this. I would think the victims SM could be linked because they are the author of those accounts. The information contained within paints a picture as to lifestyle/state of mind/hobbies they may lend a clue as to what was normal for this person and what may have went down.

The SM contains information only.

Labels are attached by people.

I'm pretty sure we are talking about not posting/linking the SM site that she accessed last. These were the last things she put out into the world. I think something could be learned from them.

And I'm talking about providing links only not screenshots :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's an interesting scenario. If something happened and the other person covered it up out of fear.

To me, an important part of this is the car. HOW did it come be there? (HE went there and that was where she parked it. Someone else parked it there.) WHY was it there? (A meeting at that sight? Planted as a red herring?) WHEN was it parked there?

On that last one, it has never really been said what is known. IF there was a resident called it in saying it had been there since Monday (16 Dec), did they say that to get LE's attention in hopes that they would tow it out of there? In any event the resident didn't really know. We don't know if the car was there in the early hours of the 18th or did not show up till the night of the 18th (planted?).

On that note what bothers me is the location of the car. Not in a regular parking area. Parked toward the ramp? If I am trying to launch a boat on the 18th, I obviously want to turn around and back the trailer down the ramp. This car appears to be parked such that it would least be a nuisance to whoever was launching a boat. Or it may have been in the way of parking the vehicle/trailer afterward. Either way someone would notice. Even someone just driving up to the area that has launched a boat before would likely take notice and question it. What works against it is this is not the time of year to have many folks launching boats. Although, I believe the weather was mild on the 18th. Someone seeing this may have not witnessed the crime, but they can help with the timeline. The timeline gives LE a better idea of what/when to look for on surveillance video.

Yeah, this bothers me too. Not the fact that she went to the landing, because it seems like there are several possible reasons for that, but the reported location it was parked at.

Backed up close to the ramp to make it easier to move something from the trunk into a boat? And once it was loaded, just lock up the car and get out of there as fast as they could by boat?

Possibly doing one last check of the item they loaded, and discovering the license in her pocket where it's been reported she always carried it? I know it's not confirmed the license was in the car, but we've seen several reports that it was.

Wilmington, NC has a heroin problem with people her age. There has recently been some stronger stuff going around. Part of the folks involved are from Little River, SC. Which is just north of MB.

A few years ago, people in there early twenties were dropping dead left and right. Fairly well to do people. It was bad heroin.

Here is something current.

www.wwaytv3.com/2013/12/05/deputies-search-for-three-suspects-wanted-heroin-related-charges

Above is about the suspects from Little River

www.wwaytv3.com/2013/12/09/heroin-arrest-linked-to-numerous-overdoses
Above is about extra strong stuff on the streets right now folks are ODing on.

Heroin is the step after pain killers.

Also, I personally and most folks my age don't consider pot a "drug" nor a gateway drug. Pills are a greater gateway. IMO

Last I checked we don't have any verified insiders in this case?

I think we do but I can't remember who and I don't remember it being announced or anything, I just remember someone welcoming them.
And I'm not sure which aspect of the case they are an insider to

I DVR'd NG and kept going back to listen to certain points and for this part that's what I heard too. Business with a drive thru. Or businesses with a drive thru.

I'm wondering if a business had a surveillance camera and just captured her car driving by.

I think we do but I can't remember who and I don't remember it being announced or anything, I just remember someone welcoming them.
And I'm not sure which aspect of the case they are an insider to

Isn't LadyHawkke a member of the family?

MAYBE HE was not the target...........maybe the roommate was and perp didn't know the difference.......KWIM............strangers by association???

That's an interesting scenario. If something happened and the other person covered it up out of fear.

To me, an important part of this is the car. HOW did it come be there? (HE went there and that was where she parked it. Someone else parked it there.) WHY was it there? (A meeting at that sight? Planted as a red herring?) WHEN was it parked there?

On that last one, it has never really been said what is known. IF there was a resident called it in saying it had been there since Monday (16 Dec), did they say that to get LE's attention in hopes that they would tow it out of there? In any event the resident didn't really know. We don't know if the car was there in the early hours of the 18th or did not show up till the night of the 18th (planted?).

On that note what bothers me is the location of the car. Not in a regular parking area. Parked toward the ramp? If I am trying to launch a boat on the 18th, I obviously want to turn around and back the trailer down the ramp. This car appears to be parked such that it would least be a nuisance to whoever was launching a boat. Or it may have been in the way of parking the vehicle/trailer afterward. Either way someone would notice. Even someone just driving up to the area that has launched a boat before would likely take notice and question it. What works against it is this is not the time of year to have many folks launching boats. Although, I believe the weather was mild on the 18th. Someone seeing this may have not witnessed the crime, but they can help with the timeline. The timeline gives LE a better idea of what/when to look for on surveillance video.

I am bothered by this whole boat ramp thing as well. When the case was in its early stages, someone from the peach tree landing neighborhood reported that a car had been there since the Monday before Heather went missing. I can understand concern for a car being in that spot for a couple of days but now we know that Heather's car couldn't have been there before the early morning hours of Wednesday the 18th. So if the car was reported being down there on Thursday the 19th, it had only been there a day. Would a car being down there a day be cause to alarm a neighbor? How can someone get mixed up between scar being there one day and the reported three days the car had been sitting there? Did someone in the beginning try to alter the timeline by making it seem as if the car was there longer? I also have heard the person reporting said they were mistaken but it seems like a big time discrepancy. Later, it seemed to change that a police officer found Heathers car. Did he find it because of the neighbors call?

I'm wondering if a business had a surveillance camera and just captured her car driving by.

Is it possible that it could be either HTC or the electric company on 707? Both of those have drive thrus.

re...phone activity after 3:41 AM... Found this statement from an article dated 12/27

Family members write on social media Heather's phone has been turned off and was last active around 3am last Wednesday.

http://www.wbtw.com/story/24315165/...ses-reward-to-20000-after-daughter-disappears

I guess there was an assumption it was turned off because the lack of response, or maybe calling her went direct to voicemail.

Did her family phone her during the time frame before it was determined she was missing?

It's important that we not assume the time frame without all of the facts, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m_ks