SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bolded by me...might be true ..but ,what if she wasn't alone?

If HE was not alone, then I feel her car information/photo/time and direction of travel information would be publicized for tips to be called in. Of course, you could be right. JMO

If that were to be true (how could they deny it, LE has the phone number ,right?unless of course somebody other than the owner of record used that phone and there lies the uncooperative person )...you have poi #1,imo.

Or it's from a prepaid phone that doesn't have an owner listed.

Something I find interesting about HE's twitter and her Facebook page

Her twitter is public and the last tweet I have seen is dated Nov 29th.. My daughter and her friends HE's age, post to twitter almost daily.. Is it possible that HE's family or LE deleted tweets she made between Nov 29th and Dec 17th ?

Her last facebook post is Dec. 13th..
With her Facebook..Am assuming it isn't public and that is why we only see timeline photos ? Is that correct ?

Do you remember what the source was for the neighbor calling it in? I've read all the MSM news and don't remember seeing it there.
Was it someone posting here? Was that verified information or just rumor? I remember reading this info in the early threads but I do not remember it ever being stated on an article. So I've chalked it up to rumor.

The only thing I've read about the car being found at the landing is that an officer patrolling the area notices the abandoned car and called her dad. (I did not interpret this to mean that the officer recognized whose car it was, I interpreted it as he checked the vin number to see who it was registered to and then made a call. Maybe I'm wrong)

If someone did call in to say it had been there since mon it could be because they intentionally were trying to goof the timeline,

or maybe HE car was there mon night late, she left, came back Tuesday night late then it sat until dad came,

Or maybe they were just off by a day. I have weeks like that, lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wish I could remember where I read that. I thought it was in early MSM story. If not, I apologize as I do not want to post anything unqualified. While I am posting, wanted to send out a huge thank you to everyone who is working so hard to solve this case as well as care and concern for the Elvis family and their community.

No, there's hasn't been any POI noted that I know of. I just recall the conversation. But couldn't recall if it was allowed to state, so I asked first. I'd check TOS but I'm on my cell & so it's not as easy to read.

I'm a newbie so I just wasn't sure if he even had entered the conversation with the media or LE in this particular case or not. I'm sure you know the rules over what can and cannot be said WAY better than me seeing as how I just joined yesterday. I know I've seen posts on the FHEFB about RM. Didn't mean to infer that you were breaking any rules.

Just saw this was added to the CUE site yesterday. I thought the wording about her cell & last known location was interesting.

"Details of Disappearance:
On or about December 17th 2013 Heather Elvis was last heard from around 3:00AM .Her last known location was at 2:00AM near 541 Water River Drive just off off Oaks Drive in Myrtle Beach, SC
Her car a dark green2001 Dodge Intrepid was found parked in Socastee, SC at Peach Tree Landing"
(Snipped from CUE page)

http://www.ncmissingpersons.org/heather-elvis/

I wish I could remember where I read that. I thought it was in early MSM story. If not, I apologize as I do not want to post anything unqualified. While I am posting, wanted to send out a huge thank you to everyone who is working so hard to solve this case as well as care and concern for the Elvis family and their community.

Did her father say that on the facebook page?

Something I find interesting about HE's twitter and her Facebook page

Her twitter is public and the last tweet I have seen is dated Nov 29th.. My daughter and her friends HE's age, post to twitter almost daily.. Is it possible that HE's family or LE deleted tweets she made between Nov 29th and Dec 17th ?

Her last facebook post is Dec. 13th..
With her Facebook..Am assuming it isn't public and that is why we only see timeline photos ? Is that correct ?

I wondered the same thing-someone deleting posts-I really thought the first time I viewed the twitter account there were very recent posts in December. I wish I has screen shot it just so I know if I'm going crazy or not.
Highly likely.

Eta: highly likely I'm going crazy not that posts were deleted.

I'm a newbie so I just wasn't sure if he even had entered the conversation with the media or LE in this particular case or not. I'm sure you know the rules over what can and cannot be said WAY better than me seeing as how I just joined yesterday. I know I've seen posts on the FHEFB about RM. Didn't mean to infer that you were breaking any rules.

Oh not at all how I took it! 8) I've seen things & done some poking around & I know the rumors can't be posted here but I didn't want to post the link & get the thread closed down.

If that were to be true (how could they deny it, LE has the phone number ,right?unless of course somebody other than the owner of record used that phone and there lies the uncooperative person )...you have poi #1,imo.

If it was a call the person could be untruthful about the conversation. Would be hard to deny they got a call...but the conversation...

Just saw this was added to the CUE site yesterday. I thought the wording about her cell & last known location was interesting.

"Details of Disappearance:
On or about December 17th 2013 Heather Elvis was last heard from around 3:00AM .Her last known location was at 2:00AM near 541 Water River Drive just off off Oaks Drive in Myrtle Beach, SC
Her car a dark green2001 Dodge Intrepid was found parked in Socastee, SC at Peach Tree Landing"
(Snipped from CUE page)

http://www.ncmissingpersons.org/heather-elvis/

It's troubling that the date is still off. She was supposedly last seen and last heard from at 2am/3am on 12/18.

If it was a call the person could be untruthful about the conversation. Would be hard to deny they got a call...but the conversation...

Yes, that is what I was thinking. Maybe the person is saying she called, asked me to meet her, I said no...something like that.

As for people wondering how cops knew her car. In my town the cops are tight with the folks that are getting off work at 3 or 4 am. They would often lead us out of town on our way home. Or would often assist us with the last drunk that wouldn't leave. Or just stop to chat at 3:30 when we were taking the trash out.

When you're the only ones awake in the world after they roll up the side walks, you get to know each other. IMO.

I must have missed something about cops knowing her car. My take was that the cop either a) saw the car there and thought it odd that a car was parked on the launch (blocking other cars and boats) or b) got a call from a nearby resident about the car or c) both. Then through running the license plates they were able to contact the owner, her father. Was there something posted that the cops saw the car and knew it was hers without running a check on the plates?

Oh not at all how I took it! 8) I've seen things & done some poking around & I know the rumors can't be posted here but I didn't want to post the link & get the thread closed down.

I wondered the same thing-someone deleting posts-I really thought the first time I viewed the twitter account there were very recent posts in December. I wish I has screen shot it just so I know if I'm going crazy or not.
Highly likely.

Eta: highly likely I'm going crazy not that posts were deleted.

Seems to me if LE thought there was anything to be gained from her twitter they would just have suspended the account or made it viewable only to them rather than deleting her posts right?

Seems to me if LE thought there was anything to be gained from her twitter they would just have suspended the account or made it viewable only to them rather than deleting her posts right?

I don't think LE deleted anything.

Does anyone else get overwhelmed coming to this site and seeing all the missing people. It makes me sad sometimes. Makes me wonder why it happens so much and so often.

I haven't posted often since joining but I have become engrossed in this case and have spent most of the last few days reading and researching. During the course of my research I ended up on BW's FB page and while looking at the comments on her profile pics came across an older man from KY that commented on her picture something like if I were younger....and someone posted a comment under that which said creepy. I then went over to his page and noticed that his friends are mostly young women, I'd say 80 of the 91, all young women. He had a degrading pic of a naked woman posted as the one movie he watched/liked and he follows one person, a very young woman from Pakistan. I have not been able to stop thinking of this guy for the last six hours even though I moved on to research and read many other sites, comments, posts including catching up on the 20 or so pages here that I missed while doing the other stuff. I know the waters are muddy enough already and HE herself has many potential places she could've come under the radar of the perp, whether it was someone known or unknown to her but what if she was not the primary target but her roommate was instead. Someone drives 6.5 hours with a plan for one person but instead finds another in her place and since he is obsessed with young women decides that this one will do. He comes up with a story, ie, I'm a FB friend of BW and she promised to show me a good fishing spot next time I was down this way, do you happen to know which one she might have been thinking of.....
I know it sounds way out there but something is not right about this guy, not only did his comment on BW's page give someone else that read it the creeps but when I checked out his page I got the creeps. I don't normally get the creeps as true crimes have always interested me and I have seen and read a lot of disgusting, strange stuff over the years. I felt I had to put this out there in case LE is reading and they can easily look at the dozen or so profile pics and find the comment I am referring to and at least run a check on this guy and see if he is worth pursuing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dinny