SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has there been any mention of what was going on in the condo complex the night she was missing. Any reports of anything like nuisance reports, noise complaints, etc..

I think if there was any question of her being taken from her condo, we would be hearing a far different set of questions from LE. That they aren't questioning neighbors etc. or asking if anyone saw the car tells me they know she left alone and freely.

:bump:
25KHeatherBW-1_zps6ce27413.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/findheatherelvis

http://www.carolinalive.com/news/story.aspx?id=985850

Police investigating disappearance of Socastee woman

Horry County police are searching for Heather Elvis, 20, of Socastee after she was reported missing Thursday night by her father, according to Lt. Robert Kegler with Horry County police.

Kegler said Elvis was last seen at her parents house on Tuesday night and the last time her cell phone pinged was Wednesday morning at 3 a.m.

If you have any information about her whereabouts you are asked to call the Horry County Police Department: (843) 915-5350.

Horry County Police Dept.

Media Thread

Thread #1

Thread #2

Thread #3

Thread #4

Find Heather Elvis Facebook

I think Ashley's videos I referenced in above post are in thread 1 or 2 (linked above in imamaze's post).

I think if there was any question of her being taken from her condo, we would be hearing a far different set of questions from LE. That they aren't questioning neighbors etc. or asking if anyone saw the car tells me they know she left alone and freely.

There is always the possibility she was followed out by someone.

Just curious.. In missing person cases , does LE tell the family everything they know, or as little as they can to not jeopordize the investigation ?

Also, is there a difference between the amount of information LE will share with the family and the public if the child is a minor versus an adult ?

Would LE be limited on what they can share with the family/public because Heather is an adult and she has privacy rights ?

Something I find interesting about HE's twitter and her Facebook page

Her twitter is public and the last tweet I have seen is dated Nov 29th.. My daughter and her friends HE's age, post to twitter almost daily.. Is it possible that HE's family or LE deleted tweets she made between Nov 29th and Dec 17th ?

Her last facebook post is Dec. 13th..
With her Facebook..Am assuming it isn't public and that is why we only see timeline photos ? Is that correct ?

Good catch.

I have teens myself.....they are on Twitter and SM 24/7. Its almost a sickness.

No way did HE just stop twittering (is that even a word) on the 29th out of the blue.

She has too much blah blah blah going on thruout Twitter for too long to just suddenly stop.

Quoting myself for reference:
Brainstorming on this as a possible scenario:

Heather is at home, snuggly and comfie after her date. There is an intruder who comes into her condo (either before she gets home, lying in wait, or enters after she is already home. Maybe Heather is even in bed at this time and wakes up to an intruder(s)).

He holds a gun or knife to her and says grab your purse, phone, keys (ugh, that doesn't fit, but I'll keep going with it) (wait, unless robbery could be associated) and says, "Let's Go, Drive.".

He takes her to a planned location. Either his residence, or an abandoned building, etc.

He later drops her car off at PTL.

So, thinking further about this. If this was a home invasion by an intruder for abduction purposes, there might be some similar crimes out there with the same MO. Home invasion / assault / kidnapping.

Any cases out there where a lady woke up to an intruder in her home in the middle of the night? (googling)

Wracking my braaaaiiiiinnnn----where are you Heather??

Her Instagram is locked I wonder what type of activity it saw? And if there is little activity in December.

I'm going to ask again. Does anyone know when she moved out of her parents house? Anyone? Anyone??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I keep coming back to an accomplice (my brain is going round in circles).

Lady Hawkke, how are you guys holding up? :(

How can we help??!!!

:praying:

Just curious.. In missing person cases , does LE tell the family everything they know, or as little as they can to not jeopordize the investigation ?

Also, is there a difference between the amount of information LE will share with the family and the public if the child is a minor versus an adult ?

Would LE be limited on what they can share with the family/public because Heather is an adult and she has privacy rights ?

From cases I have personally worked the main thing that has to be determined:

Is this a person missing due to them going at their own free will

Or is this person missing due to something criminal ?

Usually as the LEO working the case we would keep the communications opened with the immediate family (Mother Father or Spouse) due to all the information that could be shared by both parties in order to help find that person.

Now when the Detectives or Investigators (Every Law Enforcement Agency calls that department by a different name) get involved they are the ones who do the very fine detailed digging investigations into every piece of evidence.

They will keep the LEO Officer current with the main information and most of the times the family.

Thank you CC880..

is there an issue with privacy rights ,even with the family, if the missing person is an adult ?

If Heather had such a wonderful date, (and shared happy communications with both her father (stick shift) and roommate re: this immediately prior to her going missing), I highly doubt she would then just take off, or off herself, etc. jmo

I truly believe there is foul play here, and Heather is not missing on her own volition. jmo.

Does anyone know if HE smoked cigarettes. Only reason I ask is maybe wherever she went someone asked to bum a cig and used that has a ruse to abduct her.

Does anyone know if HE smoked cigarettes. Only reason I ask is maybe wherever she went someone asked to bum a cig and used that has a ruse to abduct her.

or went to the store to get some smokes.

I've seen at least one photo of her with a cigarette in hand...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rg143