SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sun Mart in the Sunoco gas station down the road on the other side of 501.

I don't think that Sun Mart is open at that time of night but I think the BP next to Tidewater is

Which of course like the photo of the car, would be helpful to see a photo of the cellphone. From her SM, IMO it appears to be a Galaxy S3 with a black case on it. Of course she could have gotten a new case or even phone, only family knows. I also wonder if they've gone to the metal recyclers to ask if a phone like hers was turned in for recycling.

Good idea. A picture of the phone or a phone like it could be added to the missing posters and ask anyone who finds a phone like that to turn it into authorities - a portion of the reward $$ should be offered to anyone who finds her phone, purse, etc.

Which of course like the photo of the car, would be helpful to see a photo of the cellphone. From her SM, IMO it appears to be a Galaxy S3 with a black case on it. Of course she could have gotten a new case or even phone, only family knows. I also wonder if they've gone to the metal recyclers to ask if a phone like hers was turned in for recycling.

You can check the metadata on HE's SM photos and compare her latest ones with the selfies of her showing the galaxy s3 in the mirror. If the metadata from the pics don't reveal source name you can always safely assume her latest photos source come from the same ones as the older ones taken by her S3 if the resolution and quality match.

Looks like Horry county decided to take down the sign they had at the tracks on River Oaks.

Oh no. That kind of gives me the feeling they know a lot more than they're telling, and it's probably nothing good. I really hope that doesn't end up being the case. :(

Good idea. A picture of the phone or a phone like it could be added to the missing posters and ask anyone who finds a phone like that to turn it into authorities - a portion of the reward $$ should be offered to anyone who finds her phone, purse, etc.

ITA and a picture of her pocketbook or say what it is and the color. Remember Brittanee sunglasses??

Did she change her clothes when she got home from her date?

I think they should run the dogs all through the areas of Heather's condos again, (and by this I mean outside every single condo on that road) if they have not done so already. jmo

I think they should run the dogs all through the areas of Heather's condos again, (and by this I mean outside every single condo on that road) if they have not done so already. jmo

LE must not think that is the location of interest, my understanding is they didn't go door to door asking the residents if they saw anything. You would think that would have been done.

LE must not think that is the location of interest, my understanding is they didn't go door to door asking the residents if they saw anything. You would think that would have been done.

With all due respect, :), I highly doubt LE didn't do a neighborhood canvas / questioning of the neighbors. This is standard procedure. jmo How do we know they didn't go door to door? I don't believe this. (not being snarky :seeya: )

Furthermore, I think they should run the dogs through the parking lots again in her complex.

If something is posted, take heed. Believe half of what you see and none of what you read. Make up your own mind. Things are going to get bumpy from here on out. Kids say and post on SM. Forgive them for they know not what is best for them. In my opinion & my opinion is totally mine.

With all due respect, :), I highly doubt LE didn't do a neighborhood canvas / questioning of the neighbors. This is standard procedure. jmo How do we know they didn't go door to door? I don't believe this. (not being snarky :seeya: )

I believe I read that is what a neighbor said, she lives in the complex and was wondering why they didn't. I'll see if I can find the info.

If Heather had such a wonderful date, (and shared happy communications with both her father (stick shift) and roommate re: this immediately prior to her going missing), I highly doubt she would then just take off, or off herself, etc. jmo

I truly believe there is foul play here, and Heather is not missing on her own volition. jmo.

Agree, margarita25.. From known info, the indicators point to a stranger predator abduction, imo. I am very concerned that this is not going to end well.
There is 8 unsolved missing/murdered female cases in Horry co/Myrtle Beach, SC in the past 8 years. While searching for Heather Elvis, Skeletal remains were located in a bone yard nearby her residence. One of the 8 unsolved murders; 23-year-old Amber Berbiglia vanished in broad daylight & found under a bridge blugendoned to death.

The remains located during the HE search may be unrelated to HE's case, but is eyeopening, non the less, imo. Although the first remains have been reported that they are from a 20 yr old male. It has yet to be determined whether the other 4 discoveries are human, or if so, the age and sex of the others are unknown.

Up the road near Columbia, in Springdale, SC a police impersonator coed rapist was active in Oct 2013. In the past few days, a Law enforcement vehicle was stolen. SPD, imo, is concerned that these two incidents may be related.

Springdale police working new leads in search for cop impersonator who sexually assaulted Midlands Tech student
Posted: Oct 25, 2013

http://www.wistv.com/story/23791766...-who-sexually-assaulted-midlands-tech-student

Springdale Police issue warning after law enforcement vehicle stolen
Posted: Dec 31, 2013

http://www.wistv.com/story/24338124/police-issue-warning-after-law-enforcement-vehicle-stolen

* Silence by HCPD investigators/PIO..
* HE's car found ackwardly parked and abandoned at PT Boat Landing.
* Cell phone inactivity - likely disabled, imo. Time of last known ping.
* Lack of social media activity & communication with family & friends by HE for 3 weeks now.
* 8 known unsolved missing/murdered females in the past years in Myrtle Beach/Horry County, SC in the past 8 years.

If something is posted, take heed. Believe half of what you see and none of what you read. Make up your own mind. Things are going to get bumpy from here on out. Kids say and post on SM. Forgive them for they know not what is best for them. In my opinion & my opinion is totally mine.

What does this mean?

ITA and a picture of her pocketbook or say what it is and the color. Remember Brittanee sunglasses??

Did she change her clothes when she got home from her date?

I can see not posting it-to have info others don't for a perp to verify, again like you said with BD-her phone & purse details weren't released. I know the sunglasses were found but a photo of hers was never released. Then of course the ones found weren't BDs. Long story short, I can see both sides, but think it's more helpful than harmful at this point.

You gave me another thought. Wonder of they looked at what HE had on in the pic to her father & looked for those clothes in the condo or in the car?

I see your a VI. Is this a heads up that there have been developments or just a general statement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rachel_008