SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
or went to the store to get some smokes.

Up here on occasion we have people approach us in the parking lot of stores asking use for money, cigs etc.. So I was thinking maybe that happened to HE. Instead of taking the cigs or money, they took her instead or blindsided her when she turned her back. The phone could still be in the parking lot of one of the stores if she went to one. Just on the ground broke not working.

I've seen at least one photo of her with a cigarette in hand...

Okay, so if we run with this, (going around in circles, lol), where is the closest place to get cigarettes at 3am. (I know we already talked about this in thread 1, but to narrow it down to one place, which one would it be? BP? Shell? I need to look at a map again!)

Okay, so if we run with this, (going around in circles, lol), where is the closest place to get cigarettes at 3am. (I know we already talked about this in thread 1, but to narrow it down to one place, which one would it be? BP? Shell? I need to look at a map again!)

Got to keep coming up with idea's until she homes.

Here in NY we have 7-11 store that are open all night.

Sun Mart in the Sunoco gas station down the road on the other side of 501.

I was thinking along this line as well, seeing that she left her apt and her purse and cell are gone as well.

Why are we pursuing this line of thought? Is it because of the drive thru video that LE has said they have? In my mind even if you nail down the store, if LE already has the video, what good will identifying the store do? If someone did see something at the store and has not come forward how do you propose to get the info that she was at a particular store that night out to others who may have been there at the same time?

I'm not sure if it was talked about but we all agree she worked at tilted kilt, right?
Well NG kept saying house of blues. Someone asked on the FHE FB page last night after the broadcast and the page admin said she worked at both but moreso the tilted kilt. Said HOB was part time and TK was primary.
Did we have this info? I know I didn't have this info, I thought she had quit one and started another.
Hoping it was okay to paraphrase an admins answer as to HE employment. They should know where she worked.
I find it odd that this wasn't stated from the beginning. Anyone else?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay, brainstorming further on this convenience store thing. We know RAT saw Alexis Murphy at the convenience store when she stopped to get gas. We also know RAT was at an adult video store shortly before he allegedly abducted Alexis.

Are there any of those adult videostores around there? What about these 24 hour "massage parlors"?

Why are we pursuing this line of thought? Is it because of the drive thru video that LE has said they have? In my mind even if you nail down the store, if LE already has the video, what good will identifying the store do? If someone did see something at the store and has not come forward how do you propose to get the info that she was at a particular store that night out to others who may have been there at the same time?

Not just because of the video (surely LE would've already checked these), but for purposes of tracing Heather's possible routes and possible points of interception that a predator may have had (stop signs, railroad tracks, traffic lights, etc.). I'm particularly interested in the roads associated with her route to the store, if she even went to the store. And all buildings / terrain in between these routes. Was her purse / cellphone tossed out the window, etc. Also potential cameras along those routes (businesses,etc)...Many reasons.

Unfortunately we're exceeding the time period on how long much video is retained (any possible video not already checked by LE).

Up here on occasion we have people approach us in the parking lot of stores asking use for money, cigs etc.. So I was thinking maybe that happened to HE. Instead of taking the cigs or money, they took her instead or blindsided her when she turned her back. The phone could still be in the parking lot of one of the stores if she went to one. Just on the ground broke not working.

Which of course like the photo of the car, would be helpful to see a photo of the cellphone. From her SM, IMO it appears to be a Galaxy S3 with a black case on it. Of course she could have gotten a new case or even phone, only family knows. I also wonder if they've gone to the metal recyclers to ask if a phone like hers was turned in for recycling.

Which of course like the photo of the car, would be helpful to see a photo of the cellphone. From her SM, IMO it appears to be a Galaxy S3 with a black case on it. Of course she could have gotten a new case or even phone, only family knows. I also wonder if they've gone to the metal recyclers to ask if a phone like hers was turned in for recycling.

This might sound weird but sometimes people don't recognize what they are seeing.In other words maybe an encounter took place ,an exchange of words or even an item bought (beer, rolling papers etc.) that the average person wouldn't take note of ,can play a significant role in a missing persons case such as this one.

This is my first post to Web Sleuths, but I've been lurking and reading all of the threads up until this point. I grew up in the MB area and attended Socastee High School but moved away from the area to attend college. I never came back except for breaks and now live in a different state. However, still having family and friends in the area and visiting on occasion, I am pretty familiar with the area and the local culture. Some have posted that there is both the family vacation atmosphere and a seedy, party-town undercurrent in the MB area. I would agree with that. Reading the threads until this point along with browsing HE's SM accounts, I honed in on a couple of things and have three completely different theories. From her SM accounts, one can deduce that she was sometimes out into the wee hours of the morning or even the following morning with friends. This isn't unusual for someone her age in the restaurant business in MB. If you read her Twitter account around the June 1st timeline, you can also see that she reportedly went boating with several friends from the Tilted Kilt (hope this is okay, mods). Here are my theories (my opinion only):
1. HE returned to her apartment from her date and either went back out to meet someone at an unknown location or went to sleep. Perhaps she went to PTL the next morning to go boating with some friends as she has in the past. As previously mentioned, the weather was mild at that time. When she arrived at the boat landing, perhaps some other unsavory characters were already there. The explanation for the cell phone going dead would be a dead battery in this case. Depending on the phone, some have a very short battery life, and with lots of use, won't make it a full 24 hours without charging. If she was out on a date for a considerable amount of time, she wouldn't have had an opportunity to fully recharge it between 2am when she retuned and 3:41am for the last known usage. If she left to go back out, and her battery was already low, she may not have had an opportunity to charge then it either. In this scenario, I think it would be helpful for law enforcement to speak with any other Tilted Kilt employees who were also off work the same day as HE or didn't go in until the evening shift.
2. Most of the above theory with the exception of unsavory characters. Perhaps something happened with her friends or acquaintances, and they're not cooperating with police because they would implicate themselves.
3. HE returned from her date and decided to go out for whatever reason - to meet friends or get something to eat at a fast food restaurant. Regardless, she was spotted by an unsavory character and was carjacked or followed. Perhaps the perp lives in the Socastee area within walking distance of PTL, so the car was ditched there. This scenario brings UNC student body President Eve Carson to mind. She went out at 3am, speculation was to print a paper, and was carjacked by random perps in the area who spotted her (Sorry, don't have a link for this, but you can Google "Eve Carson").

Anyway, those are my thoughts. I hope and pray the Elvis family finds Heather soon. As a mother myself, I can only begin to imagine their pain and anguish.

Family and friends would do best to co-operate with LEO's.

Until they have been ruled out, EVERYONE is a suspect.

JMO

Thank you CC880..

is there an issue with privacy rights ,even with the family, if the missing person is an adult ?

If she was married with a husband and there were communication issues between the husband and family

Thats when privacy issues can come about

Thank-You for posting that.

The "last known use of the phone" statement by TE. Is that based on his analysis of his phone account or what LE has told him to be fact?

Is it just an assumption that "the last known use of the phone" was at 3:41 a.m.?

The last outgoing use of the phone may have been at 3:41 a.m., but it may have been on and unused for ANY length of time including into the next day, and there is a big difference between the last outgoing message and the last known tower ping.

Has LE made a factual statement regarding the phone being dead or not active, or has it only been the outgoing messages discussed?

So HE's dad checked the phone activity their joint account? Does anyone know if the activity log would show incoming and outgoing activity or just outgoing? Surely someone on here has the same provider and account type. It would be some kind of family multi-phone plan that is available in the MB area. The Nancy Grace transcript seemed to indicate that the 3:41 AM call was the one to the roommate but then there were errors in some of that info (HOB!) so ?????
Agree about the pings - that information apparently has not been provided to the family.

I can't help but still feel and think that LE and the Elvis's are focused on someone, they just don't have the needed proof YET. They are on him/her and when they get what is they're looking for that person is going down in a big way. I pray it's soon and we have more answers and not more questions.

Looks like Horry county decided to take down the sign they had at the tracks on River Oaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rg143