SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if my little hands could hold anything bigger lol... Seriously, I'm 32 but my hands look like a 5 year olds. :)

Go to a range that has handguns that you can shoot. Buying a handgun without shooting it first is like buying a car without test driving.

There are many small/compact handguns with more stopping power.

Baby Glock .40
Springfield XDS 9mm or .45
Smith and Wesson Shield 9mm or .40

To name a few. Go shoot them or at the very least hold them. You need to make sure it feels good in your hand and it will be something that you will fill comfortable with if ever it is needed.

I am new to the site ~ How do you see where a RSO in your area works? I know how to check and see if one lives in your area but I don't know how to see where one may work...

Thank you ~ I am learning so much by reading this thread! You all are a very smart group of people!

Don't let that lull you into a false sense of security. I came across a situation of an individual working where they were supposed to have a gov't clearance and they were an RSO.

Sometimes there are alot of shady people on government installations, for instance through contractors. If the installation has a contractor doing any type of work, ie building, remodeling, laying flooring...whatever you don't know who is working for them. I lived in secure military housing that was building new houses and the supervisor of the construction crew kidnapped and murdered a 5yo year old boy right in our neighborhood. It's been years ago now, but the boy's name was Adam Finch. It was particularly scarey because the portable offices they used were right behind my house and the man drove by several times a day, all during with my children were in the yard playing. It took over a year to find the remains of Adam, by hunters. The case was never officially 'solved' because the man who did it shot himself in the head a few days after he was fingered as the suspect. I'll never forget the sounds of helicopters flying over and infra-red airplanes searching. The entire community out searching and searching. Turns out he was about 50 miles away..within miles of where investigators had been searching based on the suspects drive to work (he lived in another town and stayed in our town during the week) and even based on the soil samples they took off his tires...

HE's boss at TK posted on FHE FB that (according to her) all TK employees are cooperating with police.
Just mentioning this because there is much discussion here about an employee from TK.
[/URL]

In that post her boss put in all caps that people should not keep going after specific people who are cooperating and are trying to move on with their lives. I am sure LE knows about any RSO's working there and have more than covered their bases there. As for the one that keeps getting brought up here even using his initials and his job title on here lets it be know who he is. In all reality he was young..21 and the girl was 16. And it was a long time ago. We don't know the circumstances surrounding the incident but it doesn't sound like this person is a rapist/murderer. I think he's been sleuthed enough.

Please do not take this as criticism , as it is not intended as such. I cannot imagine how overwhelmed the page admins are at FHEF, but with all the traffic the page is getting , I feel vital information is getting lost or too difficult for new visitors to find. I have no idea if this is possible but is there someway to set up a box with information and the box stay off to the side at the top of the page ? Information such as...the facts known so far about Heather's disappearance, Tip line information, the donation fund information ? Is something like that possible ?

I am new to the site ~ How do you see where a RSO in your area works? I know how to check and see if one lives in your area but I don't know how to see where one may work...

Thank you ~ I am learning so much by reading this thread! You all are a very smart group of people!

Hi Andy Claire, welcome!! You can go to icrimewatch.net and under search your area, add business street address and must have zip code.

You have to put in the address for him in the RSO database and select work. I got this info from another poster zelma????....

I sent this e-mail out this morning to the Horry County Public Information Department:

I got a response quickly stating that she would forward the question to HCPD and then got this response directly from Lieutenant Kegler.

I thanked him for his reply, the HCPD search efforts and if I could share his message. He said...

Gave me a slightly better feeling I guess. But, the search continues for HE. :(

Good work PTF!

:rockon:

*see link for full post:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10112003&postcount=674

Please do not take this as criticism , as it is not intended as such. I cannot imagine how overwhelmed the page admins are at FHEF, but with all the traffic the page is getting , I feel vital information is getting lost or too difficult for new visitors to find. I have no idea if this is possible but is there someway to set up a box with information and the box stay off to the side at the top of the page ? Information such as...the facts known so far about Heather's disappearance, Tip line information, the donation fund information ? Is something like that possible ?

I agree it must be incredibly difficult to keep up.
As a parent I would want to know any and all information no matter what it was, so I can empathize with them requesting tips through FB and personal numbers but I questioned this approach early on as usually all tips go through a LE or search tip line.
It seems friends and family have all jumped in to help round the clock and even given out their personal numbers.
I'm hoping everything is tracked and followed up timely--with LE too.
It just seems a daunting task for a family that has got to be mentally, emotionally, and physically drained by now but who I know will not stop until they bring their girl home. I'd be the same.
Hoping the answers they need come soon. They all very much need and deserve their daughter back.

I also agree escape2sc that it would be easier for the public to navigate if FB were set up a little differently.
I think the only way to do something like you mention would be to put that little bookmark on an update post to keep it at the top of the page?? But I'm not sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I sent a PM to the FHEF...really didn't want to add one more message for them to read , but maybe it would help with all the double posting, donations and most important someone see the TIP line and call !

I haven't posted much but have been trying to keep up. I would like to ask a question about the topic of several RSOs in the area, in particular the ones whose work addresses are TK, the one who lives in her condo complex, and the infamous one (RM) who lives in Georgetown. Forgive me if it's already been mentioned. I keep thinking back to the posts on FHE FB page requesting people to come forward who saw or know anything about a pontoon boat around PTL that had a light/lights out on the trailer around the time HE went missing. Locals, is there a way to search the RSOs' names to see if a pontoon boat is registered under their name? Where I live, you can search property tax records that show real estate, cars, and boats. Does SC or Horry and Georgetown County have a database such as this? If so, it could possibly be a good way to connect some dots. I keep thinking she left there by boat whether it was the night she was last heard from or at a later date. The car being left at the landing is an obvious clue IMO.

The Elvis family would benefit (imo) in setting up an independent site for Heather. FB is a great venue for information, however, its layout (the scrolling) is a poor design. I'm not a wizard who enjoys reading scrolls. I want the information in my face without having to rub my fingers down to nubs from scrolling. moo.

It's not at all unusual for food service people to work more than one job, so she might have had a couple of nights as hostess at HOB while working mainly at TK.

I'm wondering about 66 days the other direction -- did something happen the first weekend in September that she's looking back on? Like 66 days since a breakup?

I am waaaayyyy behind you all...

But I am thinking of the "66 Days" comment, too...

a couple of suggestions... And I apologize in advance if they have already been posted...

when is her date of birth? Was it 66 days until her 21st birthday? (Big milestone)

In recovery... Recovering people often count the days of sobriety... (Please understand I am not being judgmental at all... Just throwing out some suggestions...)

Note: This could be days of no alcohol... Or no drugs... Or no cigarettes... Or no fattening food... Etc...

JMO

If people want Heather's case to get more national attention, they need LE to hold a press conference. I believe that is the reason why Heather's case is getting ignored, despite the fact that she is a pretty, attractive, white, middle-class women, has 30,000+ people who have liked the FB page, has proactive parents who would definitely give an interview to anyone who asked, and went missing right before the slowest news week of the year, between Christmas and New Years. Sure, getting more and more people to "like" the page will look good, but every day that goes by, the case gets older and older. I think the national media needs a video of LE holding a press conference, where they show pictures of Heather, urge everyone to look for her, maybe tell people what else to look out for, basically, set an urgent tone for the case. LE knows this. I don't know if it's just tourism that is stopping them from holding a PC, or maybe they just don't want to deal with the national media and a lot more scrutiny.

I haven't posted much but have been trying to keep up. I would like to ask a question about the topic of several RSOs in the area, in particular the ones whose work addresses are TK, the one who lives in her condo complex, and the infamous one (RM) who lives in Georgetown. Forgive me if it's already been mentioned. I keep thinking back to the posts on FHE FB page requesting people to come forward who saw or know anything about a pontoon boat around PTL that had a light/lights out on the trailer around the time HE went missing. Locals, is there a way to search the RSOs' names to see if a pontoon boat is registered under their name? Where I live, you can search property tax records that show real estate, cars, and boats. Does SC or Horry and Georgetown County have a database such as this? If so, it could possibly be a good way to connect some dots. I keep thinking she left there by boat whether it was the night she was last heard from or at a later date. The car being left at the landing is an obvious clue IMO.

Le should look at people who tried to sell one right after HE went missing or got rid of one right after she went missing. Surely someone knows a person who had one then all of sudden put it up for sell or got rid of it. Not to mention if this did occur ones that only want to do a sell in cash only. Just a thought.

It appears that similar message is being conveyed from that place of business in FBFHE

Here's our rule on RSOs:

It is illegal to use the sex offender registry information to harass anyone. We would never condone that at Websleuths. However, it is okay if, when a child goes missing or is harmed, we look at the sex offenders in the area and post their information, along with maps to show how close they live to the victim. Never even hint at harassing anyone on the sex offenders list. Any posting here about a sex offender should always be within the law.

We can link to the sex offender registry, we can't link to or post any social media sites on them.

Since we have no suspects or person's of interest they can not be sleuthed and it be posted on Websleuths.

If you find something interesting we recommend you send it straight to law enforcement.

Thank you,
Ima

Go to a range that has handguns that you can shoot. Buying a handgun without shooting it first is like buying a car without test driving.

There are many small/compact handguns with more stopping power.

Baby Glock .40
Springfield XDS 9mm or .45
Smith and Wesson Shield 9mm or .40

To name a few. Go shoot them or at the very least hold them. You need to make sure it feels good in your hand and it will be something that you will fill comfortable with if ever it is needed.

GREAT advice about checking out the guns.

I've never shot the S&W autos. I shot the .40 cal baby Glock (Glock 27) and found the recoil too sharp for me at the time, although with thousands of rounds shot now I might be able to handle it. I went with the Glock 26 or the 'baby' Glock in 9mm. That is another option and for a gun with 3" barrel it is very accurate or, at least, for me.

I've never shot the Springfield XDS, but I have the XDM and I find working the slide to be the most difficult of any gun I've ever shot. I would not recommend the XDM for most women. Can't speak to the XDS.

Others: Kahr 9mm or .40 cal
Keltec (although it has a heavy trigger right out of the box. gunsmith can fix that, though.)
Kimber 1911 style in 9mm
Walther (although pricey for a handgun)
Sig Sauer (this is what NCIS has gone to in .40 cal.)

I personally prefer a 1911 style (Kimber, Colt and several others make this popular style). Not a difficult slide to work, has a slide safety (unlike a Glock) and because they are single stack magazines easier to handle if you have small hands. My second fav are the Glocks, but the ones with double stack magazines (most of them) are not as easy to shoot if you have small hands.

But the advice to go to a range and rent the handguns is GREAT advice. Find the gun you are comfortable with and then buy it.

The Fb page is mostly a prayer page now, you have to read everything to see if maybe there is anything else there, IMO. And I hate Fb, it is too quirky for me, always shuts down etc.

People get so sensitive about anything is not good wishes on those pages...but to me, searching after nearly a month is not in hopes of finding a live victim, sadly. IMO ground searches may be the only way to find her, though usually people are found by accident.

I guess there is that slim chance someone took her off to another state as a captive, but it is my least likely theory. I am not sure national media would be as useful as a fact sheet from local LE to clarify rumors, times, dates and accompanied by photos of car, places she went on the Tuesday, and various pics of her.

Good stuff JnRyan.

Go shoot the XDS. Hate the XDM but love the XDS.

Sorry to get off topic everyone.

Anyone happen to see the info on FHEFB saying that a satellite image was taken of the area on 12/18?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deathrowsuperstar