Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
On FHE FB they've announced they will be searching sat and sun
And are looking for atv, horseback, hunters, and people with either LE or search experience to volunteer to search in small groups lead by law enforcement.
Full details are on the FHE FB posts by others.
Hoping this means they are close to finding her.

I can't remember, but it's been a while since there was a search led by LE, right? The past few seemed to be led by CUE. I noticed you must be 18 y/o, is that new as well? This kind of sparks something inside me that something could possibly come from this search. JMO.

Can we discuss if the reports were purposely leaked or if it was a big mess up?

As long as we follow the rules.....
I first thought that it was a mistake that personal info was leaked and now that the local paper "Horry County News" had it pulled from their website ,I think they realize the liability of releasing it in the form that they did. I think they might have acquired it through the Freedom of Information Act.

As long as we follow the rules.....
I first thought that it was a mistake that personal info was leaked and now that the local paper "Horry County News" has pulled from their website ,I think they realize the liability of releasing it in the form that they did. I think they might have acquired it through the Freedom of Information Act.

That's what I'm thinking too, along with the fact that fhefb page deleted the info last night, which I did not see.

I can't remember, but it's been a while since there was a search led by LE, right? The past few seemed to be led by CUE. I noticed you must be 18 y/o, is that new as well? This kind of sparks something inside me that something could possibly come from this search. JMO.

I think you are right. I thought LE was involved in the ptl search but none since then, but I could be wrong or it wasn't highly publicized.
The 18 y.o. Requirement stuck out to me as well maybe this has always been the case and just never stated.
Hopefully this is the one to bring back Heather.

LE needs even more, to address the community, IMO, now. It won't look good for anybody if anyone named is hurt or attacked, for example, by angry "mobs". Or loses their jobs, or whatever. If they have cleared anyone, they should say so.

At the same time, I have to admit that my mind is kind of fixated on the situation of the report,and can't really get past it until or unless LE somehow addresses it. I hate to have a narrow mind but all too often the perp is close at hand, close to the victim. So I can imagine how someone close to Heather might feel or react, if the info was news to them.

Maybe LE is hoping that word spreads of the names in the report,which will lead to tips which could discredit a current alibi, for example. But I am still not sure they meant to leak this info.

No talking about wives, ex's, employment, etc. unless you have a link that is NOT RELATED to the police report.

[modsnip]

This is going to require restraint and cooperation on everyone's part. It if becomes too difficult, we will close the discussion.

Remove if needed.

:truce:
I think you are right. I thought LE was involved in the ptl search but none since then, but I could be wrong or it wasn't highly publicized.
The 18 y.o. Requirement stuck out to me as well maybe this has always been the case and just never stated.
Hopefully this is the one to bring back Heather.
I think it's always been 18 as the required age, I saw someone asking if she could being her 12 year old and the answer was no.

I don't think it's a good idea for children to search, who knows what will be found.

I've told about this incident before, but this is probably a good place to mention it again: a few years back, we had a serial killer operating in our little corner of central Massachusetts. He was killing prostitutes from a nearby city and dumping them along rural roads. They eventually arrested the person likely responsible for the killings, which have stopped, but while the investigation was going on, it was pretty tense and scary.

At one point, a name was leaked--someone who had been arrested for a violent incident during a paid sexual encounter. The woman escaped and went to police. Of course we were all sure this was the guy, but they had to release him for lack of evidence. So here he was going about his business. Public reaction was fury, of course, and it got out of control. Somebody attacked him (as he was leaving his house to go to work, if I'm remembering right), beat him up, put him in the hospital with a skull fracture.

Trouble was, it was the wrong guy. Different man with the same rather unusual name. He nearly died and I'm told he still has concussion symptoms that make it difficult for him to hold down a job.

So please be careful when you're looking for clues. Double and triple check. Not everyone is as thoughtful as we are here and mistaken identity can have real and tragic consequences.
That is horrific!

Thank you moderators! I strongly agree with the restrictions and don't really understand all the push back. Some of the people who were named in the police report are really hurting now. There are real people behind the names and just because they talked to LE doesn't mean they are automatically guilty of anything.

I think we do need to be very careful. I can think of a very viable scenerio in which the perp is no one named on the report. I can also think of several others involving those named. My point is, we need more information before we can point a definite finger or to suggest wrongdoing by a specific individual.
JMO

Does anyone know where the next search will be?

I'd like to say that ████████████████████████████████ and █████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████ but, I definitely think ███████████████████████ and █████████████████████████ but ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████ of course.

How's the weather in your parts? :drumroll:

I suspect everyone is busy digging into stuff we can't talk about. :seeya:

Interesting distinctions in searches! :thumb:

I think we do need to be very careful. I can think of a very viable scenerio in which the perp is no one named on the report. I can also think of several others involving those named. My point is, we need more information before we can point a definite finger or to suggest wrongdoing by a specific individual.
JMO

As much as it looked like a viable scenario, someone said they were in El Paso, Tx Dec 7 (assume driving) and Florida Jan 2 leaving a very small window in SC. Alibi perhaps? al·i·bi
ˈaləˌbī/
noun
a claim or piece of evidence that one was elsewhere when an act, typically a criminal one, is alleged to have taken place.
"she has an alibi for the whole of yesterday evening"
defense, justification, explanation, reason; More
verbinformal

I'd like to say that ████████████████████████████████ and █████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████ but, I definitely think ███████████████████████ and █████████████████████████ but ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████ of course.

:floorlaugh: I totally agree with your theory!

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh: good sense of humor!
Don't ever recall a mess quite like this about a police report...
LE should hold a presser to clear the air, no?

:silly:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members