SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive been reading every post from the first thread and have been a guest of WS for many years but this is my first time posting.

I'm a little intimidated by the rules, I must admit. Guess a lot of us are.

Anyway, I'm keeping up with the FHFB as well as the scanner so Im here.

FWIW: my theory: She gets a call from an old bf and she can't resist going to him. I've been there, done that, bought the t-shirt. Nothing Im proud of but I can honestly say Ive been there and felt what she must have been feeling. It is NOT a good situation to be in but the heart wants what the heart wants. Anyway, she goes to PTL and either they get into an argument or there is more than one person waiting for her and they all get into an argument. Either way, it got out of hand and turned bad...real bad. I WANT to read the words that she will come home safe but I have to say...I dont think it's going to happen...

Anyway just wanted to throw** my two cents in. Try not to be too hard on me :)

Welcome and Great post!

The only thing I'm not comfortable with is the Argument at PTL. Cause if there were two people arguing with, and ultimately harming HE, I think it would have gotten REALLY loud and everyone who knows the place said any noise would be heard. To be clear, I don't doubt two people harming her, just the Argument at PTL. Maybe she met someone somewhere else and the jealous person followed and the person she met had to "prove" himself to the jealous person. Maybe...

Finally found the statement TE made about how the car was parked at PTL.

http://www.hlntv.com/slideshow/2014/01/07/elvis-heather-missing-after-date-myrtle-beach-car-found

'"It was locked, parked parallel to the edge instead of straight on," Terry Elvis said."'

getting back to HE's car at PTL ....I understand it was parked on the right side of the "lot" as you enter from the road ...but was it facing the water or the road when found ?(surprised the LE report is not as thorough as it should be in regards to time and physical observations)

TE described it as parked parallel to the edge, not straight on.

I understood it to be the car was parked along side the outer edges of the landing perpendicular to the water. My question ,again was it facing the water or facing the entrance?

According to reports when this was first discussed, I thought it was sideways, as in not facing the water or the entrance. But I could be wrong. I do recall the way it was parked was considered odd.

"Sideways", "parallel to the edge", and "not straight on", to me indicates not in the direction of how parking normally occurs, nor pointed toward the water or entrance. JMO. But I haven't seen a pic of the entire space so I may not be understanding the logistics.

If I knew where it was in the threads, I'd bump it up to here, but someone posted a Google aerial shot with a position of HE's car added in it. It showed the car as being parked perpendicular to the water and facing the water.

to me, that would make sense if someone left the car (dumping it off) as opposed to either HE was there waiting for someone (would be facing the entrance) or if that person was there first I would think she would have parked it parallel to the water. I think whoever dropped it off also was picked up either there or up the road...jmo

where is that Google shot of where the car was parked?

oh,,I interpreted the other way. Parallel to the edge where people normally pull head on into, if that makes sense.

I thought the same thing as you until TE said sideways.

I saw almost none on the Fb page that were really cruel, even before deletions. So maybe he is making the mistake of readings comments under new articles, which are always the most brutal, IMO.

There aren't that many news articles with comments about this case. For whatever reason, no one comments on the local Myrtle Beach articles. There haven't been that many national media articles either. The NG posts have to be the only articles about the case to have 500+ comments. I've seen a few that are "questionable" but nothing really horrible. It wouldn't surprise me if a lot of the comments that are considered hurtful wouldn't even raise our eyebrows.

But anyway, the more publicity a case gets, the more the general public becomes aware of the case, the more not-so-nice comments there are going to be.

If they canceled the search wouldn't it be because they found her or know where she is? And if they found her would they have announced that?

there is a search but with a very small group.. don't ask how I know:banghead:

Welcome and Great post!

The only thing I'm not comfortable with is the Argument at PTL. Cause if there were two people arguing with, and ultimately harming HE, I think it would have gotten REALLY loud and everyone who knows the place said any noise spots be heard. To be clear, I don't doubt two people harming her, just the Argument at PTL. Mauve she met someone somewhere else and the jealous followed and the person she met had to "prove" himself to the jealous person. Maybe...no

BBM Oh gosh. That just made me feel very uncomfortable. I think you hit the nail on the head. I would be willing to put money on that theory.

And yes I think you are right about the argument being too loud. But I also think the two hypothetical people that were awaiting her at PTL had their minds made up and there was no need to argue or get loud. They may have had the situation "under control" from the time she pulled up. Hence the no scent from the dogs at PTL....

Ok I feel like Im going to get in trouble by mods...I hope not. Please correct me if Im saying the wrong things.

There aren't that many news articles with comments about this case. For whatever reason, no one comments on the local Myrtle Beach articles. There haven't been that many national media articles either. The NG posts have to be the only articles about the case to have 500+ comments. I've seen a few that are "questionable" but nothing really horrible. It wouldn't surprise me if a lot of the comments that are considered hurtful wouldn't even raise our eyebrows.

But anyway, the more publicity a case gets, the more the general public becomes aware of the case, the more not-so-nice comments there are going to be.

I agree 101% but the bottom line is that this a local singular case( meaning not a serial killer) which has slowly evolved into a possible domestic "event" involving 2 or more individuals who have a common romantic link

IMO She met "someone" at PTL and left with that person to go to a more secluded spot. At that point the person following made their presence known and took control of the situation. That would eliminate any noise or evidence being connected to HE's car.

Welcome and Great post!

The only thing I'm not comfortable with is the Argument at PTL. Cause if there were two people arguing with, and ultimately harming HE, I think it would have gotten REALLY loud and everyone who knows the place said any noise would be heard. To be clear, I don't doubt two people harming her, just the Argument at PTL. Maybe she met someone somewhere else and the jealous person followed and the person she met had to "prove" himself to the jealous person. Maybe...

Im just wondering is this how she got her bruises???

Welcome and Great post!

OK, who remembers the case, years ago, TX maybe?... 3 HS SR's that got into some sort of love triangle, they ended up killing the "lover girl" in this manner, the girl told the guy to prove his love, blah blah blah. Anywho, they both end up going off to college but the girl ends up spilling it to someone and that was that... I can SO see this situation replaying itself here. I mean, hypothetically, *if* HE happened to be seeing someone. And *if* a significant other happened to have found out, ya know?

ETA: This! Diane Zamora - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Ohhhhhhhh read comments under newest post on FHFB.........yikes

Under post by others? Initials of poster? (Just trying to be clear what is being referred to, if not ok mods please delete.) TIA

Also, for the new members, all scanner chatter needs to stay on the scanner thread, referred to as "the basement", we are not allowed to bring it "upstairs" to this thread where non-members can and do read. Just a heads up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member