SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what is confusing to me because to me it sounds like the person responsible had the car the whole day. Maybe even HE went over to stay at someone's house. Just from the way they said the car was found someone would have at least seen it Wednesday if it was parked that way at a boat ramp.

See that is another thing I have wondered about. If the last time she was KNOWN to be at home was 2-2:30am Dec 18th and the car was not found by TE until 7:00pm (ish) Dec 19 (??) IMO anything could have happened during that time frame, no? How did we get to the conclusion that the car was left there in the wee hours of the morning? The cell pings that aren't allowed to be discussed? Did we ever find out who reported the car for LE to investigate in the 1st place? This is "backwards" IMO from other MP cases b/c the person was not missing from a place or by family until AFTER someone had called in about an abandoned car. Does that seem strange? I *assume* that it was not normal for her to talk to her friends/family during the daytime hours? My mom and DH would know something was wrong if I went that long without contact b/c of my daily patterns. I know everyone is different but does that make sense? More questions to ponder I guess.

Sorry. Double posted.

The phone activity occurred about four hours after Elvis’ last known whereabouts on Dec. 18, and the man identified in the report was nearly twice her age, documents show.
Elvis’ roommate, the police report said, told officers that Elvis “seemed like she was crying and upset” after Elvis reported a conversation with that man.

http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/local/aynor/article_e27b8722-81fa-11e3-a440-001a4bcf6878.html

Finally, MSM!!! Finally!!!

So, HE's last known phone activity was a series of phone calls back & forth with a married man nearly twice her age. And, in the convo with her roommate, the roommate reports that HE was crying & upset & said that the man had said he was leaving his wife to be with HE. Then, the man lied about his last contact with HE, only admitting later to LE that he had spoken to HE in the early morning hours of 12/18.

If it walks like a duck & talks like a duck...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/local/aynor/article_e27b8722-81fa-11e3-a440-001a4bcf6878.html

Also from this link:

"Elvis’ roommate, the police report said, told officers that Elvis “seemed like she was crying and upset” after Elvis reported a conversation with that man.
Police are also reviewing reports about another man who may have been a coworker of Elvis.
A police report describes the possible coworker as “possibly being abusive” and “possibly violent.”
Horry County police spokesman Lt. Robert Kegler said both men identified in the report as being connected to Elvis have been interviewed.
Efforts to contact either man have been unsuccessful.
The Carolina Forest Chronicle has not identified the other persons in the report by name because no criminal charges have been filed. No suspects or persons of interest have been identified, Kegler said."

Police records discuss phone calls between Heather Elvis, older man as late as 6 a.m. December 18

Horry County police records are focusing on telephone activity that occurred as late as 6 a.m. Dec. 18 between Heather Elvis’ cell phone and a man with whom she had a relationship history, according to documents obtained by the Carolina Forest Chronicle.

The phone activity occurred about four hours after Elvis’ last known whereabouts on Dec. 18, and the man identified in the report was nearly twice her age, documents show.

Finally!

Sooooooooo, this older man she had contact with...

Police records discuss phone calls between Heather Elvis, older man as late as 6 a.m. December 18

Posted: Monday, January 20, 2014 12:47 pm | Updated: 1:59 pm, Mon Jan 20, 2014

Horry County police records are focusing on telephone activity that occurred as late as 6 a.m. Dec. 18 between Heather Elvis’ cell phone and a man with whom she had a relationship history, according to documents obtained by the Carolina Forest Chronicle.

Thank god, MSM, finally.

Thank god, MSM, finally.

Yes. Nothing new that has not been on the redacted PR or SM but can we finally discuss it and put this new phone info into the timeline?

OOPS edited : The comments from SS are new and answer some of the questions asked here. Wonder where 'they' are reading?

also from this link:

"elvis’ roommate, the police report said, told officers that elvis “seemed like she was crying and upset” after elvis reported a conversation with that man.
Police are also reviewing reports about another man who may have been a coworker of elvis.
A police report describes the possible coworker as “possibly being abusive” and “possibly violent.”
horry county police spokesman lt. Robert kegler said both men identified in the report as being connected to elvis have been interviewed.
Efforts to contact either man have been unsuccessful.
The carolina forest chronicle has not identified the other persons in the report by name because no criminal charges have been filed. No suspects or persons of interest have been identified, kegler said."

finally!!

What I don't quite understand is why she was crying over him saying he was leaving his wife? Unless it was something like, "I'm angry you went on a date.....I TOLD you I was leaving my wife, don't you remember?" and that upset her OR she had a change of heart about him and didn't want him to leave his wife after all? OR it was his phone , but not the older man on the phone, but maybe someone who was angry at just being told he was leaving his wife....and that upset her.....Hmmm.....

Finally a news article that references what we have ALL known for awhile now...NOW, if LE will just name the suspect!

That article sure answers a lot of the questions we've been asking here.

What a relief...I feel like I have been holding my breath for a week.

So did she eventually show up at this guys house at some point on Wednesday.

The date (can't remember his name, hate they published it) said she was tired when he dropped her off and why did the older man call her to tell her to stop calling him. Sounds fishy to me. Are we allowed to speculate about the older man and his motives or not b/c he hasn't been named?

Looked up the BD phone information released to the public. LE should be able to follow Heather's pings up until the phone was taken from her also. Hopefully they can also locate video along the route.

Local news:

http://www.carolinalive.com/news/story.aspx?id=449393#.Ut1w_KIo5mU

By Monday, the search for her concentrated in that rural area around the Santee Rivers because detectives tracked her cell signals there. They had determined Brittanee, who was a fervent cell phone user, sent her last text message at 8:58 p.m. on Saturday while still in Myrtle Beach. She never made another call or text, and by 10:18 p.m., her cell phone was pinging on a tower along the Georgetown/Charleston County line.

Fox:
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/02/1...in-cold-case-disappearances-brittanee-drexel/

Investigator Phillip Hanna of the Georgetown County Sheriff’s Office said a signal from Drexel’s cellphone was detected about 50 miles south of Myrtle Beach later that night – in a remote boat landing area near the South Santee River and roughly 8 miles from the Sunset Lodge apartments in Georgetown County where Moody had been living at the time.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - SC SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #13
Highlights from Disappeared...2nd half hr.

Britt was captured on traffic cam on way to BW at 8:15pm & left the BW at 8:48 pm. Police estimated it should have taken Brittanee about 15 minutes to get to the traffic cam before returning to her hotel. Brittanee never made it that far. At 8:58 she texts John, her bf saying she is headed back to hotel to pack and go to bed. then all outbound activity from her phone stopped.Because John and friends were trying to reach her, Le was able to track her phone south. At 9:27 pm her phone is moving south around surfside Bch. 15 mins by car. 11:58 her phone pings cell phone tower # 332. 50 mile s of MB...beeline to GT County.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Required