SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Which leads me to wonder...if that were the case and it appears things are getting out of hand, whereas someone may take things into their own hands...then what?

That's an ethical question that is hard to answer. I don't think I would stand in that person's way.

If I were LE, I would subpoena every single person's phone records involved.

Vigilante justice is never a good idea, IMO. You might be wrong, for one, and may well end up in prison. Not to mention in a missing persons case, you could be removing the only person who knows where the MP can be found.

This is what is confusing to me because to me it sounds like the person responsible had the car the whole day. Maybe even HE went over to stay at someone's house. Just from the way they said the car was found someone would have at least seen it Wednesday if it was parked that way at a boat ramp.

Mid-week in December and this is just a tiny boat ramp on a river. IMO the car was there all day on Wed.

Being attached to her phone, she could easily block a harrasser. I simply text the word BLOCK and the telephone number to a number provided by my service provider (which I just google) and it prevents that number from calling or texting me...or me it. But I don't know if younger kids know you can do this. It is easily discovered if you google "block a number on my phone" and similar searches.

Thank you for all the welcomes!

Agreed...but maybe blocking seemed too permanent. She may have been still torn about someone she was trying to move past. If you block someone does it show you if they called? How many times? That may have felt important to her, kwim?

Is there a way to verify what sort of electricity or water was used in He's apartment. Wouldnt that be able to show she was there at a certain point.

A big Red Marker could fix that poster in a flash. Take one with you and remark them. Please

are we allowed to reference what HE's family members have posted on FHEHB? Not random posters, but her actually family?

I just can't help think HE was set up by whomever she was going to see.

Police records discuss phone calls between Heather Elvis, older man as late as 6 a.m. December 18

Posted: Monday, January 20, 2014 12:47 pm | Updated: 1:59 pm, Mon Jan 20, 2014

Horry County police records are focusing on telephone activity that occurred as late as 6 a.m. Dec. 18 between Heather Elvis’ cell phone and a man with whom she had a relationship history, according to documents obtained by the Carolina Forest Chronicle.

The phone activity occurred about four hours after Elvis’ last known whereabouts on Dec. 18, and the man identified in the report was nearly twice her age, documents show.

http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/local/aynor/article_e27b8722-81fa-11e3-a440-001a4bcf6878.html

I read and will try to fine, that they said, the roommate was the last to ADMIT to speaking to her. Since I am not sure we can say what the brother has said, I won't report, I won't. And it wasn't in an interview. My opinion, she talked to someone after. Wouldn't the police want to reach out to the world and say that and try to figure that out instead of saying pretending it was the roommate?! It really, for me changes everything. It changes her mood, time table, demeanor, lack of sleep, etc. You could find different witnesses because you could determine her location of her phone pinging per phone call. I don't think this was done to catch the bad "guys" and trap them. I have just found this so odd, along with so many other things. I know I can't say them all.

I do hope this family finds peace and Heather is brought home.
IMO, HCPD is using the old 'silence' type of investigation, and I don't think it's going to work. As long LE and the media are 'silent' the perp(s) will never will never feel pressured and break. I think the family realizes this and have decided to put the pressure on who they think is responsible, since LE will not. If LE was being aggressive in this investigation, IMO the family would not have resorted to calling certain people out via SM. MOO

Police records discuss phone calls between Heather Elvis, older man as late as 6 a.m. December 18

Horry County police records are focusing on telephone activity that occurred as late as 6 a.m. Dec. 18 between Heather Elvis’ cell phone and a man with whom she had a relationship history, according to documents obtained by the Carolina Forest Chronicle.

The phone activity occurred about four hours after Elvis’ last known whereabouts on Dec. 18, and the man identified in the report was nearly twice her age, documents show.

http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/local/aynor/article_e27b8722-81fa-11e3-a440-001a4bcf6878.html

Leaving out one extremely crucial detail about this man, but hey, it's a start!

ETA-Oops, nevermind! From the link:

"According to the report, the roommate said the victim “seemed like she was crying and upset” due to receiving a call from a man the report says was nearly twice her age.

The report also said the victim previously had a relationship with the man, and that he said he left his wife and wanted to be with the victim."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coach K