SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It may not be popular opinion, but if at least one other girl has gone missing in the area it is possible that a predator is on the loose in south carolina. I think Brittney Drexel was vacationing, and had no ties to myrtle beach. I'm not too familiar with her case details, but it seems to me that would have to have been a stranger abduction.

We all have drama in our lives, probably more so in our youth. It could be coincidental.

After all that's been said recently, I can't help but believe that LE is just very close to an arrest.

Some of what we don't know that may be key:

- We don't if the car was processed for trace evidence - hair, fingerprints, fibers, DNA, etc. They could have gone back after TE drove it home on the 19th. Unlike TV, it can take months for the results to come back.

- We know from HE's date that her car was parked at her condo early on the 18th. Next we know about HE's car, it is at PTL in the late afternoon on the 19th.

- Related to that last point, there is software pkg and website available to government personnel run by DigitalGlobe. On this site, one can select a date range and view satellite images. I know there was a satellite image for approx. 11:30 AM on 18 Dec. HOWEVER from a point just to the west of PTL to the north end of MB it is UNAVAILABLE. My guess is LE has already accessed it, made copies and had it removed. LE already has a better timeline on the car than we do and have already narrowed the timeframe.

- And going from that last point, what has LE found in surveillance videos on the various routes to PTL. And this might well include video from home security systems that are not known to the general public.

LE is still putting the pieces together on this and if the person or persons out there know something else they should do the right thing and help accelerate this process.

Thanks JnRyan

my water & power bills show overall usage, nothing broken down more than that. hubby worked for water dept for years, he said you can't narrow it down like that.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

I can log into my power utility account and see my usage for every hour of every day. Of course I'm in Ontario and we have smart meters. Not sure how it is in SC or anywhere in the USofA.

I wonder if myhorrynews.com is trying to push LE to announce something? Maybe that is why none of the other local news stations have released this. No doubt they have it.

Or this was LE subtle (or not so subtle) way of saying "We are still watching you."

very good....I'm sure the phone calls from (can we use initials yet?) ..well you know who have been traced back ,,,[modsnip]? prints to tie him in? [modsnip]? or what's that soft ware that takes satellite shots where you can dial in a time and a place? [modsnip]...

I think OM (for Older Man, as he was called in the MSM) works perfectly at this time.

No - not talking about any phones - that is strictly rumor and not allowed here.

We don't know anything about any property or any names at this point in time.

Hope that helps,

Salem

I have looked back many many pages to see what the last time was of the last ping
I think 3:41 am?
Can anyone tell me if I am right please?

You know...if everyone (especially local!) is focused on this one person (Older Man), to the point where tempers are flaring & "good ole boy" justice is possibly being discussed, then IF this person wasn't an unnamed-thus-far POI by LE, wouldn't LE try to ensure OM's relative safety by releasing a statement saying something like: "Joe Blow is not considered a POI at this time. Leave him alone"?
Notice that HE's date was publicly cleared by LE.
So...LE is being quiet. What does that tell us? IMO, their silence here speaks volumes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jinx! I posted just that theory and think that's what Lots2Learn was responding to.

Re..myhorrynews.

I hesitate to mention this, but last night I sent a message to an insider on the FHE inquiring about the lack of reporting on the information in the police report by the other news media in MB. I mentioned being curious about the number of people in the area who do not have internet access and have not seen the information in the unredacted report or what has been " leaked " on the FHE page. People who might have seen something important but don't realize it because they have not seen or heard about the information in the unredacted police report. Probably just a coincidence that myhorrynews has an article detailing the information in the unredacted report.. but it is a strange coincidence. Made stranger by the lack of reporting by the other news media.. IMO

I would think the people who know about the police report is pretty small, much smaller than the % that know about Heather. It would only be:
-People who read WS Heather Elvis thread
-People who read My Horry News
-People who look at the "Posts by Others"...Just because you have "liked" Heather's page, doesn't mean you know about it.
So it's not just people who don't have Internet access.

I have looked back many many pages to see what the last time was of the last ping

I do not think we know if that is right. Phone apparently in use as late as six am.

Unless cameras went up after?

And, if I knew a friend was being accused off such a thing, I'd say it loud and clear that my friend was not involved- if I was certain, that is.

Was playing with my phone. Just "checked in" at a hotel 2300 miles away. So your check ins aren't always reality.

Not sure I understand the miles burp conflict because I don't own fancy gadgets (other than my Keurig coffee maker that is quite simple to use*), but it provides an example of questionable information that is easily verifiable if LE has reason to think the info might shed light on a case. In other words, LE could identify the hotel and verify the check-in records.

(*Woe does not receive payment for her claims.)

The mysterious 3:41 communication after she talked to her roommate had to have been an outgoing call (not text) from HE to unnamed entity; otherwise, how would LE even know it happened? They don't have her phone, so they are getting info from her phone records. If unnamed entity called or texted her, it wouldn't show who the text was from, just that a text came in. If she simply texted unnamed entity, unnamed entity could say they were sleeping and didn't get any texts until the next morning. But if it was a phone call from HE for at least 2 minutes, they would know who she called and that there was someone on the other end who she actually talked to.

I just checked my detailed phone bill (I have Verizon) and text messages aren't detailed on there at all--only voice data is detailed. Obviously, other carriers will vary some.

The details listed on my bill are: the date, time, number, origination location, destination location, and minutes.

EXAMPLE

Date Time Number Origination Destination Min.

01/20 5:07P 123-456-7890 Myrtle Beach SC Incoming CL 5
01/20 5:08P 999-999-9999 Myrtle Beach SC WMyrtleBeach SC 5

The number listed in the number column is the number of the person I am communicating with for both incoming and outgoing calls.

In trying to determine if OM and possibly someone else would have lured HE to his house to harm her, does anyone know if the schools in that area were closed yet for the holidays. If the OM had children and they were in school, then it's possible. However, if they were on holiday, then a meeting at the house would be very unlikely.

I rarely buy coincidences.

It's the little details that pick away at me.

Let's say Heather talked to MM that night after the date. Maybe even met with him. IF he did something bad to her, he'd have to get his story straight wouldn't he? He had some time to do that. Would he be stupid enough to lie about talking to her that night when LE came knocking? He would know that they'd check her phone records.

I'm not taking him off my list yet. But I've considered the possibility of someone hurting her after he spoke with her (or met with her). The answer to that clue would be with his phone records. To see if he tried to contact her between that night and when her car was found.

I wonder if LE has been able to access her voicemail messages.

I do not think we know if that is right. Phone apparently in use as late as six am.

That was my question exactly...i was thinking that somewhere i have read the last ping was at 3:41 at PTL.
Now they are saying phone conversation went on between HE and the 'older married man' until 6 ~ so I was confused how they would know that !

Thank you for responding!

We have not been privy to a ping study of Heather's phone data.
Ping data is different and separate from knowing Heather's recent call details.
Even her call details are uncertain from our onlooker position.
We have not viewed her bill or phone records ourselves.
Everything anybody has said would have to be verified through LE when they officially view the related records to backup statements made during interviews.

Why lie to police at all, if married guy did? Maybe he was buying time, cannot think on his feet, etc.

His initially denying talking to her does not make him any more or less suspicious...just dumber, IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member