SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, me either. She could have been idly posting while on phone, on her way home from date, etc...it obviously becomes addictive and almost automatic.

I do wish I could see her tumblr...my ipad won't go there unless I install some rss feed app?? I avoid apps whenever possible, never use them (except for a camera app-my phone is ancient and does not have a camera...i follow my poor cat around with a giant ipad to take pics of him, lol)...anyway...

clu, are you saying you've not read Heather's tumblr? You're missing alot in that case.
I couldn't see all of it but, from what I did see, there's quite a bit there to think about.

I rarely buy coincidences.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
Me either...especially not this many.
It's the little details that pick away at me.

Let's say Heather talked to MM that night after the date. Maybe even met with him. IF he did something bad to her, he'd have to get his story straight wouldn't he? He had some time to do that. Would he be stupid enough to lie about talking to her that night when LE came knocking? He would know that they'd check her phone records.

I'm not taking him off my list yet. But I've considered the possibility of someone hurting her after he spoke with her (or met with her). The answer to that clue would be with his phone records. To see if he tried to contact her between that night and when her car was found.

I wonder if LE has been able to access her voicemail messages.
IIRC, the calls stopped the morning of the 18th. As TE gets a record of all incoming/outgoing activity, I'm sure they know by now if OldMarriedMan tried calling again.
I've been using MM for married man. Makes me think of Mickey Mouse. But OMM (older married man) works too.

It drives me crazy that we're using HE for heather.
That works too...

Let's say Heather talked to MM that night after the date. Maybe even met with him. IF he did something bad to her, he'd have to get his story straight wouldn't he? He had some time to do that. Would he be stupid enough to lie about talking to her that night when LE came knocking? He would know that they'd check her phone records.

I'm not taking him off my list yet. But I've considered the possibility of someone hurting her after he spoke with her (or met with her). The answer to that clue would be with his phone records. To see if he tried to contact her between that night and when her car was found.

BBM that got me speculating, if he hadn't called her again before her car was found, that maybe how the "I told her to stop calling me" came about. Yeah, wouldn't we love to see who called who back and forth & when. It would be really suspicious if he was the one who initially called & then called a number of times, then stopped trying co-incidentally when her phone goes to voice mail. Be hard not to be a POI.

I've been using MM for married man. Makes me think of Mickey Mouse. But OMM (older married man) works too.

It drives me crazy that we're using HE for heather.

omm makes me think of meditation, and im not getting that vibe here! I kinda like OG, even though I initially posted OM :) (old guy.... he might not be much of a man!)

Yes but throw in the wrench pertaining to the tmobile time system on calls (or is it texts?), one or the other but not both?, that lists a call three hours earlier (or is it later?). So, is this the reason for the 6AM ? Still would be wrong though if a call unless it was a text? Who the h knows.

Hey, two or more can play the confusion game! :banghead:

Just to reclarify, this time stamp problem is not, in general, a FACT for all TM users. I've had TM for two or three years. I've had a timestamp problem once in a blue moon, not consistently at all. IME...

ETA: This wasn't meant for you, just to clear up a misconception.

I wonder who was calling who. Was any drinking involved with either party. Booze and anger don't mix.

Article said calls went back and forth and OM admitted speaking with HRE "the previous night". Reporting is not clear what night "the previous night" is, whether the 17th or 18th.

Ok, I am new here, so please pardon me while I learn my way around.
This case has taken so many twist since I started trying to figure it out from home.
I do Computer and phone repairs on the side here in my hometown in NC and would be happy to help LE pull any files from computers ( such as deleted pictures or what ever may be needed.
[modsnip]

:welcome: Computer Repairer! :welcome:

:seeya:

huh? Will you elaborate please?
The person, who is innocent, who doesn't like that Heather is getting publicity would thwart finding Heather? Is this your point?

Whomever is responsible for HE missing don't like He getting all the publicity she is getting.

We have not been privy to a ping study of Heather's phone data.
Ping data is different and separate from knowing Heather's recent call details.
Even her call details are uncertain from our onlooker position.
We have not viewed her bill or phone records ourselves.
Everything anybody has said would have to be verified through LE when they officially view the related records to backup statements made during interviews.

Thank you very much for that explanation...I guess i don't understand the difference between ping detail and call details ~

Me either...especially not this many.

IIRC, the calls stopped the morning of the 18th. As TE gets a record of all incoming/outgoing activity, I'm sure they know by now if OldMarriedMan tried calling again.

That works too...

Do the phone records show incoming calls that aren't answered? I thought if they accessed voicemail they would find Terry's messages, but that his calls wouldn't show up on the messages. Other messages would be very important.

I'm with Rogers, and I can access my voicemail messages online.

clu, are you saying you've not read Heather's tumblr? You're missing alot in that case.
I couldn't see all of it but, from what I did see, there's quite a bit there to think about.

I saw some of it once, from a link...but then could not get back on WS that day and cannot get there from the link on this thread...:(

Paris Paris said in a recent post- "It's the little details that pick away at me."

Made me think that I never noticed until now. When I log on to Webslueths from my computer it shows all of the posts correctly timed.

But I take my phone to the couch the posts are showing that they are being made an hour difference. For ex. Its just about 5:38 now, but this will post showing 6:38 on my phone.

Phone is with ATT, I'm in EST. Wondering now about call logs???

we went camping recently and one side of the campsite was est, one was cst! time zone ran right thru our site!

okay so shtf while I was sleeping. It's cool. I read the article but ya'lls posts are tl;dr so if it's something super important or a new theory someone please tell me. :)

That said:

1) HI MICHAEL SMITH! I am convinced you are on here watching because well, I read your article. Thanks for finally giving us some MSM on that PR!

2) The article says: "Shiraldi said he doesn’t recall Elvis speaking with anyone via cell phone during their date other than her father, Terry Elvis, and Warrelmann.
“I don’t remember her receiving any calls unless someone called her and she just silenced it,” Shiraldi said. “I know she didn’t answer any phone calls.”" http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/local/aynor/article_e27b8722-81fa-11e3-a440-001a4bcf6878.html

So she did call BW during the date.

3) I will be altering my timeline and sending to ima asap. Gonna comb that article with a fine tooth first to make sure it's right. ETA: Just in case I'm going to give BW's calls an hour stretch b/c of the uncertainty over EST vs. CST.

4) "Ten posts were also made to Heather Elvis’ Tumblr page on Dec. 18, the night she disappeared, but the identity of who made the posts was unclear.
Tumblr is a microblogging and social networking website that allows users to post multimedia and other content in a blog format.
The 10 posts were time stamped between 1:53 a.m. and 2:09 a.m. Dec. 18, according to information on the site. Entries mainly consisted of various works of art and poetry.
The last visible activity to her Facebook page was on Dec. 13 when the site said her Facebook profile picture was changed. The last tweet that’s viewable on Twitter was dated Nov. 29."

Something about this makes me feel strangely vindicated!

5) I really don't think the "co-worker" is involved, which is a big change from what I used to think. But if the OM lied about talking to her... why? what else is he lying about? ESPECIALLY if he was already going to leave his wife and she knew of the affair. I call shenanigans!

6) For those theorizing someone else called and upset HE wouldn't she have told BW "OM's wife called?" :waitasec: I think she was upset because she had moved on, was overwhelmed b/c she was on a date, and needed BW to calm her down so she wouldn't muck up a promising relationship with SS.

BBM... Considering how the information has been released in this case and the length of time for any information to be released , I believe LE is certain about who is involved and are now dotting the i's and crossing the t's while the search continues for Heather.

So Heather calls room mate and is upset as reported by roomie. Which means from the time of her call backtracking to either when the date ended or during the date OM communicated with her. Being upset ,I'm of the mind that Heather wouldn't be initiating a call back to OM. So, OM calls Heather ( again,right?) and according to the article this continues to around 6am. The calls go back and forth then stop...Salem I feel like you're looking over my shoulder as I type this ..so snip away if I goofed here..

I would think anyone who was being falsely accused of being involved in someone's disappearance would want that person found almost as bad as her parents do. Why would a wrongly-accused person thwart efforts to find missing person/solve the mystery that would ultimately clear their name?

Perhaps it could be as simple as it could affect their own life or the lives of others close to them, which would change their life, in essence, or their own livelihood.
IMOO.

Thank you very much for that explanation...I guess i don't understand the difference between ping detail and call details ~

Pings tell you the location of a cell phone at a given time. Call details are actual incoming and outgoing contacts received and sent by a cell phone. In other words, a cell phone can ping, providing it's powered, indicating where it is, when there is no contact being made. It's a tool used by LE.

Yes. Also, you typically don't call someone to tell them to stop calling you. You simply answer the phone when they call you and say, "Hey, this is inappropriate. Don't call me anymore."

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My thoughts, too...

:waitasec:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads