SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I totally agree it does seem odd for this father to let that much time go by without any communication BUT maybe that speaks to the type of person HE is. Something that the family accepts because that's the way she rolls...

I don't really think that is that weird. My dad passed away, but I don't talk to my mom every day unless I "see her" online and she starts a conversation, or I do. My sister's another story, but we are extremely close. We talk all day long every day (text/IM). But not my parents. Not that I'm not close with my mom, but it wouldn't be weird for her to not hear from me for a few days.

ETA: I'm editing this because I gave it a second thought. I'm in my forties, and she is 20 :). My dad was very protective, so if I was 20 and had moved into my own apartment, I bet he would have been calling me every day to check up on me. Her dad seems very protective of her as well. I would absolutely hate for him to feel any blame at all in this, but just added this because I realized the situation of me not talking to my mother every day is a little bit different than a 20 year old.

I don't really think that is that weird. My dad passed away, but I don't talk to my mom every day unless I "see her" online and she starts a conversation, or I do. My sister's another story, but we are extremely close. We talk all day long every day (text/IM). But not my parents. Not that I'm not close with my mom, but it wouldn't be weird for her to not hear from me for a few days.

Maybe not weird...but it could mean her parents were not quite as clued into her life as they may have thought, IMO.

This was my thinking earlier even if she didn't talk to family daily is there someone who would notice not hearing from her in more than 24 hours?

Maybe not weird...but it could mean her parents were not quite as clued into her life as they may have thought, IMO.

Oh, definitely. 20 is also pretty young to be living on your own if you're not in college. She isn't even old enough to drink! Just seems so young. (I'm not naive....at 20 I was in college and drinking, but I also moved back in with my parents until I got married). She's probably pretty independent.

All my opinion!

This completely baffles me. Maybe she didn't know prior to HE's disappearance, but still not knowing afterward? I would think this would be a top question of parents??? Am I wrong???
RE: security at HE's home and mother's knowledge: Yes, this might be the top question of SOME parents. If HE's mom is not capable of thinking on all a cylinders at the moment (and some parents would be in that situation), she might just assume her husband knows all these things and lets it be. Not everyone wants/needs to know everything and that is OK. I have a friend like that, lets her husband take care of any and all stressful situations. It works for her because she knows when she is stressed, she isn't on her game. JMO.

Oh, thanks. Wonder what the person thought would happen. :waitasec:

I actually wonder this sometimes. However this case blew up and whomever did this I am sure wasn't expected it to blow up like this.

If it were the MM then I'd say he doesn't want to deal with the wrath of his wife who more than likely would be distraught and/or enraged.

I understand the MM lied to LE about having contact, but I could see his lie going both ways.

One, because he's guilty as sin

and

Two, because he isn't guilty and initially didn't want his wife to know about the contact...but when it's obvious his wife will know of the communication, he recants and gives some bologna excuse for the call.

If he's innocent I can see him saying it was to tell HE to stop phoning...(his lie to try to salvage his marriage) but if he's guilty I can see it as his way to explain more than one phone call that took place

If he was innocent he would have taken (uncooperative persons,remember) the polygraph like the others and shout it from the rooftops that he passed.

RE: security at HE's home and mother's knowledge: Yes, this might be the top question of SOME parents. If HE's mom is not capable of thinking on all a cylinders at the moment (and some parents would be in that situation), she might just assume her husband knows all these things and lets it be. Not everyone wants/needs to know everything and that is OK. I have a friend like that, lets her husband take care of any and all stressful situations. It works for her because she knows when she is stressed, she isn't on her game. JMO.

I think HE and her mom have a very tumultuous relationship (, like mother,like daughter, literally)

It was in reference to a picture posted of HE late last night. Salem asked for it to be removed because it wasn't authorized by the family or directly sourced to HE (I believe it was an old FB photo). It was completely innocuous, a group shot cropped so it showed only Heather, but apparently someone thought it was odd. I looked at it very carefully and there was nothing amiss other than you couldn't really see where Heather's left arm was and the person in front of her had their head cut off :dunno:

ETA-Head cut off of THE PICTURE, just to be clear, lol

No, TreeClimbingGirl. Not the picture I remarked about. But earlier, before I read your post just now, I posted a reply to all the inquiries.

My personal phone records show incoming calls, calls missed, outgoing calls, all calls, etc.

BBM: I don't understand this comment you made. The date said “I don’t remember her receiving any calls unless someone called her and she just silenced it,” Shiraldi said. “I know she didn’t answer any phone calls.” That would mean that according to her date, HE did NOT call anyone, including her roommate.
The only question is that roommate says HE called her at 1:44am and Date says he dropped HE off AFTER 2:00am. It depends on WHERE (state location) roommate was when HE called as to if her time is EST or not.

I think Ghostwheel was referring to this statement...
2) The article says: "Shiraldi said he doesn’t recall Elvis speaking with anyone via cell phone during their date other than her father, Terry Elvis, and Warrelmann.
“I don’t remember her receiving any calls unless someone called her and she just silenced it,” Shiraldi said. “I know she didn’t answer any phone calls.”" http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/loca...a4bcf6878.html

Was Heather never out of her date's sight, during all of those hours? No trips to bathrooms? Unlikely to me that she would not have had a chance to answer or make a call or two.

I think Ghostwheel was referring to this statement...
2) The article says: "Shiraldi said he doesn’t recall Elvis speaking with anyone via cell phone during their date other than her father, Terry Elvis, and Warrelmann.
“I don’t remember her receiving any calls unless someone called her and she just silenced it,” Shiraldi said. “I know she didn’t answer any phone calls.”" http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/loca...a4bcf6878.html
My stupid. I had no idea who Warrelmann was....This is what happens when we don't use names....

Just a quick question / statement: Does anyone here get so frustrated w/ a case that they are following, that they have to distance themselves from it for a while? I don't know, maybe it's just me...but I have noticed over the last two days that I have become extremely frustrated w/ this case - or maybe it's confusion..idk. Just when I think the case is going somewhere or that they are going to find her, it seems to stall and I'm left with all these mixed emotions.

I can't even imagine what the family is feeling but my heart aches for them. I KNOW if it was my child I would have lost it by now!!!!

Also, for some reason I keep getting this weird vibe that there could be another person involved in HE disappearance that is being overlooked b/c so many are focusing on other "older" known "acquaintances" of hers. That's just My Opinion of course...but there is one particular post from the very beginning by a VI that has stood out to me and I'm trying to figure out where this person the VI mentioned ties into all of this.

I've taken notes, made reference of timelines, looked at maps, read social media, etc etc etc....and I can't tell Fact from Fiction anymore at this point. Uggghh sorry for my rant...I just want for HE to be found....

Just a quick question / statement: Does anyone here get so frustrated w/ a case that they are following, that they have to distance themselves from it for a while? I don't know, maybe it's just me...but I have noticed over the last two days that I have become extremely frustrated w/ this case - or maybe it's confusion..idk. Just when I think the case is going somewhere or that they are going to find her, it seems to stall and I'm left with all these mixed emotions.

I can't even imagine what the family is feeling but my heart aches for them. I KNOW if it was my child I would have lost it by now!!!!

Also, for some reason I keep getting this weird vibe that there could be another person involved in HE disappearance that is being overlooked b/c so many are focusing on other "older" known "acquaintances" of hers. That's just My Opinion of course...but there is one particular post from the very beginning by a VI that has stood out to me and I'm trying to figure out where this person the VI mentioned ties into all of this.

I've taken notes, made reference of timelines, looked at maps, read social media, etc etc etc....and I can't tell Fact from Fiction anymore at this point. Uggghh sorry for my rant...I just want for HE to be found....

I think its that way with any case your mentally invested in. You can only come up with so many theories. Eventually you hit a wall.

I think the only thing that "stalls" is the information that LE has and releases.

Just a quick question / statement: Does anyone here get so frustrated w/ a case that they are following, that they have to distance themselves from it for a while?..

Oh God yes. For me it happens a little later on, though, after we've figured it out, but for whatever reason the guilty are not being arrested, prosecuted, punished, etc.

Cherish Perrywinkle's mother's behavior made me retire from the Internet for months, literally.

Sorry to say, it only gets worse. Many of us have been following similar cases for years now, on less info than we have here in weeks. And the victims are still missing.

YES!! And yes!! I have a niggling feeling in my head that there could be something or someone we have missed. I even have a theory, but can't say it because there is nothing I have to back even the idea of it up.
And if I don't stop reading this before bedtime and get my mind off for a bit, I dream about it all night.

This is my first one and I totally understand what you're saying. Everyday I think this is the day! I may need to take a break too. It's beyond time for answers and her to come home. Heart wrenching.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sashafari