SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe the discrepancies in the reported times lies in the time zone differences. The article states clearly that T Mobile is the carrier that TE uses. It is known that T Mobile uses PST for recording of time. Thus if the last recorded ping was 3:47 am (PST) it may really be 6:47 am (EST). That would make sense if her conversations with OMM lasted until 6:00 am (EST). Her last last ping would have ended after their phone conversation. Plenty of time to meet up with OMM with something awful happening, which resulted in the last ping occurring at 6:47 am.

From the news article:

'A police report says Elvis’ father contacted T-Mobile, his cellular provider, which the report says provided him with a call history for the victim’s phone.'

I agree with your logic because that's what l'd do...at least I think that's what I'd do if ever in a situation like that. Then again, I can be rather stubborn and take the passive-aggressive route if I'm angry...especially if I'm wrongly accused of something.

I have noticed a number of individuals and particular actions somewhat peculiar in this case and I don't feel I should differentiate on whose should be rationalized and whose shouldn't. We can't point to anyone as a suspect here yet, but I've got a good five I can't name but can't rule out. Three of which are sharing the top spot.

Aeronomy, if you were walking out of Target and the beeper goes off and security comes over and says, "Come with us. That stuff in your bag hasn't been paid for," would you just pull out your receipt because you know you haven't shoplifted, or would you fold your arms and say nothing/show nothing to prove it isn't true?

What are everyone's thoughts about LE finding the vehicle and having Heathers father drive it back to his house?

I read that he wore gloves when he drove it. This is so sad because he knew something was up.

My questions are:

Is this common for LE to hand over a vehicle to someone when they should tow it away because it could be part of a missing person’s case?

Will this interfere with needed evidence from the vehicle?

Just wondering...

Perhaps at that time, HE was not yet considered a missing person.

What are everyone's thoughts about LE finding the vehicle and having Heathers father drive it back to his house?

I read that he wore gloves when he drove it. This is so sad because he knew something was up.

My questions are:

Is this common for LE to hand over a vehicle to someone when they should tow it away because it could be part of a missing person’s case?

Just wondering...

the relationship between HE and OM is out in the open so any DNA ,could be explained away,imo.

I agree with your logic because that's what l'd do...at least I think that's what I'd do if ever in a situation like that. Then again, I can be rather stubborn and take the passive-aggressive route if I'm angry...especially if I'm wrongly accused of something.

I have noticed a number of individuals and particular actions somewhat peculiar in this case and I don't feel I should differentiate on whose should be rationalized and whose shouldn't. We can't point to anyone as a suspect here yet, but I've got a good five I can't name but can't rule out. Three of which are sharing the top spot.

I guess I am not seeing any strange behavior from anyone else we are aware of. And apparently, no one else was the last one in touch with her. I really think that person, considering the time of day involved, and no further word from Heather ever, HAS to be considered POI #1 until cleared, if he can be.

the relationship between HE and OM is out in the open so any DNA ,could be explained away,imo.

True but maybe a spouse's DNA could not be...or other items. They can still process a car after the fact. I have seen cases where it was done years later, LE tracking down vehicles with new owners and still finding evidence and making use of it. (Cold Case Files, lol)

My questions are:

Just wondering...

Geo Anthony drove the stinky car home IIRC

Just wanted to chime in on the polygraph information as well. Having studied psych; a lot of sociopaths and narcissist will and have passed the tests despite being guilty. Their lack of empathy and guilt enables them to not give the signal of having done anything wrong- so when they are asked a question- even when they lie in their ill-wired brains- it will give a truthful response. It's very insightful to read up on this. In my experience I dated a sociopath (diagnosed) and he stole right under my nose and had a justification in his head why it wasn't wrong for him to do so. They aren't accountable for their actions and they blame everyone else. It's very interesting; and IMO in cases such as this- sociopaths are usually involved.

An important point we are overlooking is that right now Heather's date is the last person that LE knows 100% was with her. There may have been phone calls, but nobody has been verified as having been with her after the date, so at this time that makes SS the last person to see her alive ... a VERY bad position to be in, especially if you are not well known to the family/friends, you rekindled/connected online, no one can verify what you were doing for such a long period of time so late at night for sure (10:43 to 3:00). I think SS should have been the one to have been nervous to answer questions, as he was the one most likely to get blamed for this .... and yet look how fast LE cleared him, without any qualifiers. I would think anyone innocent after him, especially anyone who didn't even see her and only spoke to her by phone, wouldn't be afraid to talk.

I am sure LE has a copy of phone records, SM records, etc. I just can't figure out why the larger Media outlets are not reporting on the police report. It's news..it contains information about the case..and not one mention. It doesn't make sense.

They may not have a copy of the info or a source for it apart from Horry, and therefore aren't running with it. Horry did its own investigation and got the info from LE IMO. Not every place gets the same info at the same time, it depends who has the sources and its quite possible a journalist at horry did.

My questions are:

Just wondering...

BBM

I would think LE advised him to wear gloves.

An important point we are overlooking is that right now Heather's date is the last person that LE knows 100% was with her. .... and yet look how fast LE cleared him, without any qualifiers.

SBM. I've been thinking about this too and wondered if his own cell phone activity easily proved she was still communicating on her phone/computer in Socastee after he was back home in MI.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Can anyone link that TE wore gloves when driving the car? I know it has been posted many times, but not sure where it came from. Thanks.

SS got home around 3:00 am. Must have some witnesses & maybe his phone places him there as well. He passes a poly & police clear him. We learned today HE was also alive around 6 am. It will be interesting to find out if OM has a lawyer & if he was asked & if he took a poly. I agree with whoever said "he (or someone) would be shouting it from the rooftops" or something like that if he passed. The heat is on & it is getting interesting.

That wasn't known at the time though Topcat. I think it was sloppy on LE side I'm sad to say.

As DeeMarie says, TE wore gloves so deep down he knew there was something majorly wrong.

I do get the fact OM's DNA is more than likely (definitely) in the car, but what about others?

An important point we are overlooking is that right now Heather's date is the last person that LE knows 100% was with her. There may have been phone calls, but nobody has been verified as having been with her after the date, so at this time that makes SS the last person to see her alive ... a VERY bad position to be in, especially if you are not well known to the family/friends, you rekindled/connected online, no one can verify what you were doing for such a long period of time so late at night for sure (10:43 to 3:00). I think SS should have been the one to have been nervous to answer questions, as he was the one most likely to get blamed for this .... and yet look how fast LE cleared him, without any qualifiers. I would think anyone innocent after him, especially anyone who didn't even see her and only spoke to her by phone, wouldn't be afraid to talk.

He might live at home with his parents or maybe has a room mate that can verify his presence.

That wasn't known at the time though Topcat. I think it was sloppy on LE side I'm sad to say.

As DeeMarie says, TE wore gloves so deep down he knew there was something majorly wrong.

I do get the fact OM's DNA is more than likely (definitely) in the car, but what about others?

I thought it was known through the conversation with LE after first denying it.

Just wanted to chime in on the polygraph information as well. Having studied psych; a lot of sociopaths and narcissist will and have passed the tests despite being guilty. Their lack of empathy and guilt enables them to not give the signal of having done anything wrong- so when they are asked a question- even when they lie in their ill-wired brains- it will give a truthful response. It's very insightful to read up on this. In my experience I dated a sociopath (diagnosed) and he stole right under my nose and had a justification in his head why it wasn't wrong for him to do so. They aren't accountable for their actions and they blame everyone else. It's very interesting; and IMO in cases such as this- sociopaths are usually involved.
I'm sure I read somewhere that clenching your butt cheeks can give false positives in a LDT. Dont know if its true or myth.

I am now thinking of the scene (unrelated) at the start of the amazing film 'The Lives Of Others', when the Stasi are questioning a suspect. Eeek.

If any contact was established with other people ,transferring of DNA can occur..

He might live at home with his parents or maybe has a room mate that can verify his presence.

My point is that regardless of everything that was working against him, he wasn't afraid to step forward and answer questions because he knew whatever they asked could be innocently explained, because he was innocent. He was then promptly and publicly cleared. To me, logic dictates that if I had simply had a phone call with her after her date and didn't even see her, I wouldn't be afraid to step forward and answer questions because I could see how fast they are eliminating innocent people like myself, even innocent people who have a lot of potential guilty flags, like her date who was the last person to see her alive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member