SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Geo Anthony drove the stinky car home IIRC

Caylee had not been reported missing to LE at that time. It was a short time later that Cindy found Casey and called 911 when Casey refused to tell where Caylee was. But, IMO both parents knew a crime had occurred as soon as the
"dead body" smell hit them in the face.

I'm jumping in at the end without catching up today because I need to ask something quick - is OM for "older man" and are we ok to hypothesize about OM freely now due to an article that came out earlier today regarding phone call times & mentioning OM?

Just making sure before I let my brain fly on hypotheses... thanks!

OM has not been named a suspect or person of interest by law enforcement. You can discuss what is in the new article, you can not discuss or hypothesize about OM or anyone as a suspect.

You can discuss what was put in the article but no farther.

polygraph is just one tool ..good investigation says who gets eliminated..LE never relies on just one tool they always crosscheck

Joe Kenda says he doesn't give a flying puck if someone passes or fails a polygraph, he's only asking to see if they're willing to take one.

I believe the discrepancies in the reported times lies in the time zone differences. The article states clearly that T Mobile is the carrier that TE uses. It is known that T Mobile uses PST for recording of time. Thus if the last recorded ping was 3:47 am (PST) it may really be 6:47 am (EST). That would make sense if her conversations with OMM lasted until 6:00 am (EST). Her last last ping would have ended after their phone conversation. Plenty of time to meet up with OMM with something awful happening, which resulted in the last ping occurring at 6:47 am.

From the news article:

'A police report says Elvis’ father contacted T-Mobile, his cellular provider, which the report says provided him with a call history for the victim’s phone.'

Jediva, this is not directed at you but I am frustrated with this ongoing information about T Mobile time stamps. One poster that I know of mentioned hoping an issue but i do NOT have this issue with calls or texts. I even double checked it today to make sure I wasn't losing my mind. Has anyone else had this problem with TM?

Joe Kenda says he doesn't give a flying puck if someone passes or fails a polygraph, he's only asking to see if they're willing to take one.

had to look up who he is...LOL ok what ever Joe says..

The old man stated that he had not seen HE since October. She became Missing in December. Could the "66 days" comment from HE be the counting of the days since they maybe broke up and talking about the heartbreak?

check HE SM for info relating to that..and you'll answer your own question

I was just thinking this. Would a perp use his/her victim's phone to call someone (an accomplice?) back & forth, to try to produce a cell phone trail that makes it appear the victim was still alive & using her phone at a particular time?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I assume you are saying the perp is using both their phone and the victims to create an illusion that the victim is still using their phone and thus throw off the time of disappearance. It's possible and may have even happened. But I would think they would need an accomplice with one of the phones in another location to avoid the pings showing the phones in the same location during the calls.

Just a quick question / statement: Does anyone here get so frustrated w/ a case that they are following, that they have to distance themselves from it for a while? I don't know, maybe it's just me...but I have noticed over the last two days that I have become extremely frustrated w/ this case - or maybe it's confusion..idk. Just when I think the case is going somewhere or that they are going to find her, it seems to stall and I'm left with all these mixed emotions.

I can't even imagine what the family is feeling but my heart aches for them. I KNOW if it was my child I would have lost it by now!!!!

Also, for some reason I keep getting this weird vibe that there could be another person involved in HE disappearance that is being overlooked b/c so many are focusing on other "older" known "acquaintances" of hers. That's just My Opinion of course...but there is one particular post from the very beginning by a VI that has stood out to me and I'm trying to figure out where this person the VI mentioned ties into all of this.

I've taken notes, made reference of timelines, looked at maps, read social media, etc etc etc....and I can't tell Fact from Fiction anymore at this point. Uggghh sorry for my rant...I just want for HE to be found....

Carolina, I feel the same way about this case as you. I have seen it happen several times before. I am sure the LE are not solely focusing on him, but it pains me to see others because he may in fact be innocent.

I assume you are saying the perp is using both their phone and the victims to create an illusion that the victim is still using their phone and thus throw off the time of disappearance. It's possible and may have even happened. But I would think they would need an accomplice with one of the phones in another location to avoid the pings showing the phones in the same location during the calls.

I didn't think the pings give exact location but an area covered by the tower.....my question is, can pings be triangulated between cell towers to give a much narrower area?

I just loooove Joe Kenda. He is my secret 'crime-solver crush'. :blushing:

I have a VERY important question about definitions: If 37 is considered "old man" how many here are "ancient" or "decrepit" or "one foot in the grave" if they are - YIKES - over 50?!?!?

Do we need to have EMS on standby just in case one of us posters expires mid-sentence?

I have always been told that le likes to tell you pass even if you dont.

Our LE locally here and FBI do not lie about the results. I know someone on both. Of course I don't know everyone.... I don't live in the Carolina's.

I have a VERY important question about definitions: If 37 is considered "old man" how many here are "ancient" or "decrepit" or "one foot in the grave" if they are - YIKES - over 50?!?!?

Do we need to have EMS on standby just in case one of us posters expires mid-sentence?

Geez, I'm a goner...

Haha! It started out to mean Old-er Man and somehow got shortened. I agree with you, btw!!

BBM: Did we learn she was alive or that her phone was being used? Just as a what if, suppose whomever took her used her phone to call someone else who happened to have HIS phone because he forgot it. Not realizing that the information could be traced....

Good Point! Possible that a "woman" had HE cell phone and called a "man" to "catch" him if this woman suspected cheating but also the calls made to her phone would have placed focus on this person which may have been done on purpose or to cover up something...

I've taken a total of 3 polygraphs, 2 for local LEO employment, and 1 for a security clearance needed for a federal job. I'll talk about the one for LE. The asked questions concerning abuse, both sexual and physical. I wasn't told I failed the part about sexual abuse until after the first round of questions. While we were talking during one of the breaks, we discussed why my vitals peaked during that question. I had to reveal that back in 2003 my little sister was raped by a racist guy when she was only 11 years old. To this day it still bothers me, a LOT. Anyway, doing the second round of questioning, I was asked that question again except, "Not thinking about your sister, " was added right before the actual question. I passed that question with no problem, and got the job.

I guess the point of my response is that IMO, polygraphs measure more of a persons morals. What a person considers wrong or right; their conscience. I guess like some military personnel considers things as being "acquired" but not "stolen". I'm not saying that a conscience is the only thing, obviously, but it is a big factor. Like not having a conscience to say where someone is..MOO

Agreed!! My father was a cop and he once told me that a person can beat a polygraph...if they have no conscience...no guilt about what they've done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sashafari