SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm jumping in at the end without catching up today because I need to ask something quick - is OM for "older man" and are we ok to hypothesize about OM freely now due to an article that came out earlier today regarding phone call times & mentioning OM?

Just making sure before I let my brain fly on hypotheses... thanks!

Polygraph testing is just one tool used in a investigation but it has never been proven to be an accurate one.

Is BB from the FHE considered someone we can paraphrase ?

An important point we are overlooking is that right now Heather's date is the last person that LE knows 100% was with her. There may have been phone calls, but nobody has been verified as having been with her after the date, so at this time that makes SS the last person to see her alive ... a VERY bad position to be in, especially if you are not well known to the family/friends, you rekindled/connected online, no one can verify what you were doing for such a long period of time so late at night for sure (10:43 to 3:00). I think SS should have been the one to have been nervous to answer questions, as he was the one most likely to get blamed for this .... and yet look how fast LE cleared him, without any qualifiers. I would think anyone innocent after him, especially anyone who didn't even see her and only spoke to her by phone, wouldn't be afraid to talk.

I've taken a total of 3 polygraphs, 2 for local LEO employment, and 1 for a security clearance needed for a federal job. I'll talk about the one for LE. The asked questions concerning abuse, both sexual and physical. I wasn't told I failed the part about sexual abuse until after the first round of questions. While we were talking during one of the breaks, we discussed why my vitals peaked during that question. I had to reveal that back in 2003 my little sister was raped by a racist guy when she was only 11 years old. To this day it still bothers me, a LOT. Anyway, doing the second round of questioning, I was asked that question again except, "Not thinking about your sister, " was added right before the actual question. I passed that question with no problem, and got the job.

I guess the point of my response is that IMO, polygraphs measure more of a persons morals. What a person considers wrong or right; their conscience. I guess like some military personnel considers things as being "acquired" but not "stolen". I'm not saying that a conscience is the only thing, obviously, but it is a big factor. Like not having a conscience to say where someone is..MOO

Pings tell you the location of a cell phone at a given time. Call details are actual incoming and outgoing contacts received and sent by a cell phone. In other words, a cell phone can ping, providing it's powered, indicating where it is, when there is no contact being made. It's a tool used by LE.

Thank you very much for the clear explanation ~ I get the difference now!

My point is that regardless of everything that was working against him, he wasn't afraid to step forward and answer questions because he knew whatever they asked could be innocently explained, because he was innocent. He was then promptly and publicly cleared. To me, logic dictates that if I had simply had a phone call with her after her date and didn't even see her, I wouldn't be afraid to step forward and answer questions because I could see how fast they are eliminating innocent people like myself, even innocent people who have a lot of potential guilty flags, like her date who was the last person to see her alive.

Ah but if you're a married man who has been caught cheating or has had multiple relationships outside your marriage the questions asked can be embarrassing/revealing even if innocent ...polygraph works on the nervous system

This is a good aerial of PTL; it's not very big...

Attachments

• Aerial PTL.jpg
    Aerial PTL.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 66
This is a photo of one of the Shanty type shacks anchored around the waccamaw river.

Attachments

• Shanty.jpg
    Shanty.jpg
    183.4 KB · Views: 81
Ah but if you're a married man who has been caught cheating or has had multiple relationships outside your marriage the questions asked can be embarrassing/revealing even if innocent ...polygraph works on the nervous system

I'd be more moved by that argument if the wife didn't already know that he had a relationship with HE, she was dismissive of it, and seemed to fault HE more than her Prince Charming. It wouldn't be a lightening bolt to the marriage out of nowhere. I'm thinking I'd rather be looked at as guilty of cheating and innocent of murder.

SS got home around 3:00 am. Must have some witnesses & maybe his phone places him there as well. He passes a poly & police clear him. We learned today HE was also alive around 6 am. It will be interesting to find out if OM has a lawyer & if he was asked & if he took a poly. I agree with whoever said "he (or someone) would be shouting it from the rooftops" or something like that if he passed. The heat is on & it is getting interesting.
BBM: Did we learn she was alive or that her phone was being used? Just as a what if, suppose whomever took her used her phone to call someone else who happened to have HIS phone because he forgot it. Not realizing that the information could be traced....

BBM: Did we learn she was alive or that her phone was being used? Just as a what if, suppose whomever took her used her phone to call someone else who happened to have HIS phone because he forgot it. Not realizing that the information could be traced....

I was just thinking this. Would a perp use his/her victim's phone to call someone (an accomplice?) back & forth, to try to produce a cell phone trail that makes it appear the victim was still alive & using her phone at a particular time?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OT but I had to take a LD test, at the police station, in my twenties, and was scared out of my wits and shaking. But I was not lying and I passed. Eight people took it and only one person failed and then confessed (to stealing several thousand dollars from a safe). So I believe in them.

I'm sorry but did they say that can't find the OM or that they questioned him?

I'm jumping in at the end without catching up today because I need to ask something quick - is OM for "older man" and are we ok to hypothesize about OM freely now due to an article that came out earlier today regarding phone call times & mentioning OM?

Just making sure before I let my brain fly on hypotheses... thanks!

YES. New article~
http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/local/aynor/article_e27b8722-81fa-11e3-a440-001a4bcf6878.html

ETA; I have been trying to catch up all day! Finally made it.

JMO

I was just thinking this. Would a perp use his/her victim's phone to call someone (an accomplice?) back & forth, to try to produce a cell phone trail that makes it appear the victim was still alive & using her phone at a particular time?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Possible. But what is the point whether she is last on her phone at 3am, 4am or 6am? I guess for alibi purposes, but since she has not been found, it is not like it will ever be known now, if she is deceased, what time she died. JMO

Yes, but can potentially eliminate one as a suspect .

polygraph is just one tool ..good investigation says who gets eliminated..LE never relies on just one tool they always crosscheck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Featherock