GUILTY SC - Iyana Lowery, 8, found deceased, Marlboro County, 5 May 2017 *mother also found deceased* *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Was hoping to check in today on this thread and learn it is irrelevant who her dad was since she had been found. So sad that she is still missing.

:(

. Marlboro County Sheriff’s Office (MCSO) said that Bright and Lowery were only acquaintances. Iyana Lowery, the victim’s 8-year-old daughter, has been missing since her mother’s death.

http://www.crimeonline.com/2017/05/...ring-local-woman-8-yr-old-still-missing-bolo/

doesn't sound like Iyana's bio dad by the above.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/local/crime/article149187399.html

"Finding Iyana is of highest priority to all the agencies involved. We need the community to stand beside us and remain vigilant in helping and sharing information. This is not a time as a community to remain silent if you have information. Your piece of information may be critical in saving the life of Iyana," Lemon said in a news release.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/local/article149234299.html

Thank you, tlcya. I do think that info clears it up - DB isn't likely Iyana's father. With that being said, I can think of zero good reasons for this child to be missing. Perhaps at one time I was hoping someone had her, safe, who didn't like/approve of her mom's occupation. I don't think that theory holds water anymore, since it doesn't appear this was any type of parental feud.

Bless her precious heart. Trying to think positive. :(

C_RlNtgXkAAPUO2.jpg
http://www.scnow.com/news/local/article_e664ff44-3273-11e7-a103-571a37aa3fef.html

When LE says things like, "This is not the time as a community to stay silent" I end up thinking right away that it is most likely a community that does not have a good reputation or an established rapport with LE for being helpful during other kinds of investigations for various reasons that usually have to do with a mentality that "It's better to keep my mouth shut than risk someone finding out I gave information to the police since cops are untrustworthy and don't care about us anyways and I've got to protect me and mine, especially if the perp or the perps associates are dangerous people that would retaliate against me."

I wonder when fellow human beings stopped being considered "me and mine". It's a low-down dirty shame if this is the case and not just because of the age of Iyana, but because it says to me that people have forgotten the value of human life as opposed to sticking it to the man.

This is only speculation, of course, but I've heard that line used by LE before and it always turns out to be because the community thinks it better to turn a blind eye to spite LE due to past grievances. As in, "Why should I help, when they didn't help me with xy or z?" I really, sincerely, hope I am wrong about this and I'm definitely not trying to paint this community with a broad brush. I know it would be unfair to do so. I just can't shake the feeling I have that something like this may be going on.

Please let me be wrong and please let me not offend anyone with my thoughts since I very rarely post what I am thinking. Most importantly, please let Iyana be found safe and let her mother receive justice. RIP

When LE says things like, "This is not the time as a community to stay silent" I end up thinking right away that it is most likely a community that does not have a good reputation or an established rapport with LE for being helpful during other kinds of investigations for various reasons that usually have to do with a mentality that "It's better to keep my mouth shut than risk someone finding out I gave information to the police since cops are untrustworthy and don't care about us anyways and I've got to protect me and mine, especially if the perp or the perps associates are dangerous people that would retaliate against me."

I wonder when fellow human beings stopped being considered "me and mine". It's a low-down dirty shame if this is the case and not just because of the age of Iyana, but because it says to me that people have forgotten the value of human life as opposed to sticking it to the man.

This is only speculation, of course, but I've heard that line used by LE before and it always turns out to be because the community thinks it better to turn a blind eye to spite LE due to past grievances. As in, "Why should I help, when they didn't help me with xy or z?" I really, sincerely, hope I am wrong about this and I'm definitely not trying to paint this community with a broad brush. I know it would be unfair to do so. I just can't shake the feeling I have that something like this may be going on.

Please let me be wrong and please let me not offend anyone with my thoughts since I very rarely post what I am thinking. Most importantly, please let Iyana be found safe and let her mother receive justice. RIP

Ya... Sadly, you are correct. I live about an hour away and cut through there on my way to NC. Very rural. It was a beautiful little town around the turn of the century. It's a shame actually.

Doesn't it stand to reason that this suspect they have arrested in the Mother's murder knows exactly where little Iyana is?

She didn't disappear by herself! With him in jail, finding her alive is unlikely.

I feel a plea bargain coming so he will give up her location. I am so sorry to think this way. Bennettsville is a small southern town where everyone knows everyone, I imagine. It is on one of the routes to Myrtle Beach, SC.

This is a little under 2hrs from me (I'm near Myrtle) and my heart is aching for this family. After looking at the mothers fb, I wonder if he was a "client " and possibly mama caught him trying to do something with the daughter, she freaks out, he kills her and takes off with Iyana...
I really don't want to speculate on what he possibly did after that seeing as how she wasn't found with him
JMO, MOO

I am stuck on the idea it's someone from social media or it is connected to mom's job.

Tonya B. Brown
· 2 mins ·
A relative of Dewayne Bright said he's mentally incapable of committing a murder.
Police have charged Bright in the death of Ella Lowery and are questioning him in the disappearance of Lowery's eight year old daughter, Iyana.
Bright's relative says he doesn't have a car and has a medical condition.
She added he's being falsely accused.
Deputies say Bright's statement doesn't add up and that's one of the reasons why he was arrested.
The family is in the process of hiring an attorney for Bright
Journalist at WPDE ABC15

Facebook © 2017

Tonya B. Brown
· 2 mins ·
A relative of Dewayne Bright said he's mentally incapable of committing a murder.
Police have charged Bright in the death of Ella Lowery and are questioning him in the disappearance of Lowery's eight year old daughter, Iyana.
Bright's relative says he doesn't have a car and has a medical condition.
She added he's being falsely accused.
Deputies say Bright's statement doesn't add up and that's one of the reasons why he was arrested.
The family is in the process of hiring an attorney for Bright
Journalist at WPDE ABC15

Facebook © 2017

Wow. I wonder what they have on Bright besides "inconsistent statements"?

http://wpde.com/news/local/search-continues-for-missing-eight-year-old-marlboro-county-girl

Lemon says Bright was an acquaintance of Lowery's and his inconsistent statements led to his arrest.
"There are some things that we checked into, and found along with speaking with him, that just did not coincide and add into what he was saying," he said.

Also from WPDE (thanks sds71 :seeya:):

More than 125 officers continued to search for eight-year-old Iyana Lowery on Monday.Officers used boats to search Lake Paul Wallace for any signs of her and even combed through piles of trash to make sure nothing was missed.

More at link.

I am stuck on the idea it's someone from social media or it is connected to mom's job.

I'm afraid of this as well.
That is a dangerous lifestyle and to bring it into the home where you are raising children is just plain crazy.
With this new info (his statements didn't add up? he didn't even have a car...) I'm feeling very suspicious that Bright may not be the right guy.
I hope the FBI and SLED are hot on any other trail that may be out there.

jmo

I am wondering if LE matched the weapon (gun?) with evidence found at the scene. If gun was used, then bullet(s) can be matched up.

How many times have we read on here where a child was removed from the crime scene and never seen again? And LE has the alleged perp in custody? Or found... I cannot type the words.

That poor child. I am saying lots of prayers that this case is different than the others that come to mind.

Sorry but please tell me you are from new Orleans, with that ham sandwich name. Or that you know the significance lol

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

Another angle.. the guy arrested appears to have dated mom for a few months in 2012. He posted a picture of the little girl saying "she's so beautiful" maybe a fixation on the child... Also. in a post from June 2012, he said someone broke his heart. This is just speculation... However, his appearance is dishelved so I doubt that the mother had recent dealings with him. Possibly the medical condition is mental illness and he became fixated for the past 5 years...

Heartbreaking interview with grandma :tears:

After five days of searching, Iyana’s grandmother, Delores Lowery, says the pain she feels in unimaginable. To go from burying her only child to waking each morning without her granddaughter, Delores says her only hope is in God.
“Iyana, grandma loves you. Grandma loves you. I miss you so much. You’ll be home soon. God is going to keep you. He is going to keep you and bring you home,” Delores says.

“I just want to see her face,” Delores cries. “If I could just hold her and give her a thousand and one kisses in one spot. I just miss my grandbaby. Anybody out there that knows anything, please get in contact law enforcement. If you don’t want to deal with law enforcement, please just take her to a public place.”

http://wbtw.com/2017/05/09/bennettsville-grandmother-pleads-for-missing-8-year-olds-return/

Where are you, precious child? This is tearing me up.

Reposting:

C_MQo8sVYAIVun9.jpg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en