Identified! SC - Jason Patrick Callahan, Myrtle Beach, missing since 1995

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Is he wearing a macrame necklace in the 9th grade photo?

Let us not forget that he was a legal adult when he chose to leave home and follow the Dead. This was not a minor who disappeared. It was a man of legal age who chose to go out on his own.

I'm so happy eyeglasses have improved over the last 10 years. (JC's younger pics)

Off topic, just want to mention this is the second case I've followed for years now to be blown wide open in the last few months simply because family/loved ones only recently started looking for their lost love. Gives me hope for the others that are still years (or only a few hours, such are the ways of social media) away from being identified.

Yup, same experience for me. It seems like so many of these cases have been solved in just the past few years, and new old cases are being added to NamUs every day. Though it may not be known to all, or even most, I see this as an important moment in history, because of the point technology and social media has reached, combined with the organization of NamUs and all the other websites and databases dedicated to missing persons and IUD cases. This is like, one of the best things that ever could have happened thanks to technology. :eek: Makes me all teary-eyed....

Ms. Nikki:

I believe he may be wearing a shirt under or it's just the outline of the shirt..

But good question though.

Good point. There were also "tee's" with 'lined' or doubled collars in contrasting fabric... pretty common in the late 80's/early 90's; for guys of all styles including and maybe esp. surfer/skater/counterculture types. That was my first take on it.

I wonder how Eric Hager's mother is coping with all of this? One of the case managers said that she would call every few years to find out if GD had been identified and his family found. I hope that finding his family after all these years gives her some peace and doesn't add to her sadness.

So LE has already gotten Callahan's mom's DNA? Any idea when the results are supposed to come back?

When a new case is entered and when the DNA is received , does NamUs do an automatic DNA comparison to all other cases in the system?

I can't help thinking that if my adult son said he was going out to engage in unsafe (possibly) behavior, I'd strongly urge him not to do so. And, if his last words to me were, "Goodbye, I'm never coming back" that it would be really hard to report him missing.

Also, my brother is totally estranged from his kids and they've totally turned their back on his whole side of the family, including me. I can see his son running off, his mom saying, "Whatever, he's an adult, he'll be back when he wants money" and him not being reported missing.

There are all kinds of reasons for an adult never being reported missing, it doesn't mean they weren't loved.

This whole thing is happy and sad at the same time.

Even though I want GD to get his name, my heart would prefer for Jason C to be reunited with his mother.

Is something being done to establish whether Jason P Callahan is still out there?

It looks like the link has been made :(

It looks like the link has been made :(
Link?

I know Illinois Jason and Jason Callahan are the same, but nothing conclusive whether Callahan is Grateful Doe.

*Sent from an Etch-a-Sketch*

Link?

I know Illinois Jason and Jason Callahan are the same, but nothing conclusive whether Callahan is Grateful Doe.

*Sent from an Etch-a-Sketch*
I meant that in a colloquial sense, not a conclusive way. Maybe I should have said that it looks like bits of a jigsaw puzzle seem to be falling into place. It doesn't mean they are in the right place, but it's hard not to see that a picture could be forming, ie a link has been made.

Yes this case is depressing but given that Jason Doe had extensive facial injuries I am thoroughly impressed with the composite sketch. It really gives hope that others will be found due to the advanced technology we have available these days. If this Jason Doe is not Jason Callahan I will eat my shoe.

Every time I see another picture of Jason, it makes me sadder and sadder. I don't want that smiling, happy face to be gone. He snuck his way into my heart. But I do want answers for his mother and that's the most important thing and if he is indeed Grateful Doe, to give him his ID back.

Also, for those asking about filing a missing person's report. When I was 16 back in 1989, I ran away with my boyfriend. My mother called the cops and they told her there was nothing they could do, so I believe the police would have been even less helpful when Jason's mother tried to get help finding her son.

Waiting on tenterhooks to see what happens here. I was telling my sister all about this the other day and she's now totally on board and can't wait to see the outcome.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB
Back