SC SC - Jessica Rapsys, 27, traveling to visit family, car found w/ keys, shoes & phone inside, Allendale, 13 Aug 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
And her phone was found "nearby". What does that mean?

Yea, I thought they had said it was found in the car but the story keeps being altered.
If it was found “nearby” maybe she was lost and got stuck and got out of her car to walk around and try to get a cell signal and….
Is it really so hard to put correct and helpful information together, especially since LE asked for help.

My thoughts and mostly questions.

I wonder if her car was seen on CCTV and that is how they have time frame that she was last seen? Authorities don't know what she was wearing, so she must not have been seen on camera physically so that leads me to think possibly her car was.

In the medial links above it is mentioned that her phone was found near her car and not in her car.
Did she have some type of location sharing on her phone?

The bloodhounds nor SLED were able to get a track but didn't find anything, so she seems to have been at that location so dumping the car by someone else is unlikely.

The short time frame from when she was last seen and the car was found is short!

I have lots of concerns.
Keys and phone left behind.
Did I read correctly that shoes may have also been left behind as well?
Nothing here is sitting right with me. Police need to take this missing persons report seriously because this young woman has now been missing for 2 days. I’m concerned for her wellbeing and don’t feel good about a safe return. But it is what I’m hoping for. I hope they find this young woman.

I think this is new information. The car was found with a flat tire.

“As of right now, the sheriff’s office in Allendale said they don’t believe there’s foul play suspected in her disappearance.”

Really?
What exactly makes them think it’s not foul play? The fact that haven’t located her in 2 days? That she left her purse, her phone , her keys, and her shoes behind?
If there is something you aren’t telling us like, she had talked of running away or something, maybe you shoulda said that first.
Hope that’s true but don’t believe it

“As of right now, the sheriff’s office in Allendale said they don’t believe there’s foul play suspected in her disappearance.”

Really?
What exactly makes them think it’s not foul play? The fact that haven’t located her in 2 days? That she left her purse, her phone , her keys, and her shoes behind?
If there is something you aren’t telling us like, she had talked of running away or something, maybe you shoulda said that first.
THIS!!! All of this!!! Police are always so quick to say no there’s no foul play when there’s clear evidence that something is wrong!! Time is of the essence of locating Jessica. Police are dragging their feet.

Collecting some notes from media in an attempted timeline.

Aug 13, around 8 PM
"Callers reported Jessica Rapsys, 27, missing on Aug. 13 around 8 p.m., and gave Allendale County dispatch an address along a dirt road by Creek Plantation – a private tract of land in Martin currently used for horse breeding, according to the county's website." Florida woman missing in South Carolina after vehicle found empty with keys inside

Aug 13 8-8:30 PM
"Jessica's aunt, Amy, told The U.S. Sun that the last the family heard from her was about 8-8:30 pm on Tuesday night." Woman vanishes on trip to visit aunt as car found with keys & phone inside

Aug 13, around 9:15 PM
"Jessica Rapsys’ vehicle was found Tuesday, August 13th around 9:15 p.m." https://www.wjbf.com/news/south-car...-authorities-find-car-with-keys-still-inside/

If this is accurate, between the last contact time and the vehicle found time is about 1 hour.

Really?
It’s useless police talk. All it means is that they didn’t find a lot of blood in her car or near it, or any other evidence that she was harmed or taken away from the scene involuntarily.

Collecting some notes from media in an attempted timeline.

Aug 13, around 8 PM
"Callers reported Jessica Rapsys, 27, missing on Aug. 13 around 8 p.m., and gave Allendale County dispatch an address along a dirt road by Creek Plantation – a private tract of land in Martin currently used for horse breeding, according to the county's website." Florida woman missing in South Carolina after vehicle found empty with keys inside

Aug 13 8-8:30 PM
"Jessica's aunt, Amy, told The U.S. Sun that the last the family heard from her was about 8-8:30 pm on Tuesday night." Woman vanishes on trip to visit aunt as car found with keys & phone inside

Aug 13, around 9:15 PM
"Jessica Rapsys’ vehicle was found Tuesday, August 13th around 9:15 p.m." https://www.wjbf.com/news/south-car...-authorities-find-car-with-keys-still-inside/

If this is accurate, between the last contact time and the vehicle found time is about 1 hour.
I’m thinking LE doesn’t think foul play because something was going on with her that we don’t yet know about. imo. That timeline is tight. She was meeting her aunt for a reason. They found her vehicle very quickly - approximately 45 minutes from the time her family last spoke to her.

imo

I’m thinking LE doesn’t think foul play because something was going on with her that we don’t yet know about. imo. That timeline is tight. She was meeting her aunt for a reason. They found her vehicle very quickly - approximately 45 minutes from the time her family last spoke to her.

imo
That's interesting, I didn't get that from what I have read.

I didn't see this mentioned. Her FB Log into Facebook last post was 5/2021
I am editing my post only to add:
The original posts stated the car was found on the 14th. I'm not sure if that was an error. If what we are reading now, she's in contact with Aunt, meeting 1/2 way, less then an hour later her car was abandoned with a flat, shoes/belongings phone left behind on a horse ranch. How did they find her car so quickly in such a remote area if they found it on the 13th? Why would a 27yr old leave her phone, shoes and other personal belongings behind? Did she change shoes for what she thought would be a hike? The phone really bugs me, as a woman I would take the phone before anything else. All IMO

Last edited:
I am a bit confused about where the railroad crossing is, (but maybe you all aren't). Based on the two images below, with the curve of the River, I believe the railroad crossing is on Steel Creek Rd. I wanted to clarify, because I have seen mentions of Hell Creek Rd, too, along with pictures from Google.

This Google Map of river and railroads. Left Red dot is Steel Creek Rd. Right Red Dot is Hell Creek Rd.
1723773840789.png
And this map fromhttps://www.wjbf.com/news/south-carolina-news/allendale-police-searching-for-missing-woman-authorities-find-car-with-keys-still-inside/
1723772261763.png

Steel Creek Rd RR Crossing
1723772712183.png

Little Hell Rd Crossing
1723772849479.png

Attachments

• 1723772145112.png
    1723772145112.png
    175.7 KB · Views: 2
I am a bit confused about where the railroad crossing is, (but maybe you all aren't). Based on the two images below, with the curve of the River, I believe the railroad crossing is on Steel Creek Rd. I wanted to clarify, because I have seen mentions of Hell Creek Rd, too, along with pictures from Google.

This Google Map of river and railroads. Left Red dot is Steel Creek Rd. Right Red Dot is Hell Creek Rd.
View attachment 524893
And this map fromhttps://www.wjbf.com/news/south-carolina-news/allendale-police-searching-for-missing-woman-authorities-find-car-with-keys-still-inside/
View attachment 524889

View attachment 524890

Little Hell Rd Crossing
View attachment 524891
Im not familiar with the area and tried to do some google maps possibilities that you have provided but I was wondering if anyone knew about possible traffic cameras that may have been on 125 or even video footage from neighbors, stores/gas stations. I know this is pretty rural but it got me thinking.

View attachment 524893
View attachment 524889

View attachment 524890

Little Hell Rd Crossing
View attachment 524891

I saw those too and I thought the same.
My thoughts were more toward the Steel Creek Rd crossing. It is not that far once you turn off 125 and it was in the worse shape.
Both crossing had small houses close by.

I saw those too and I thought the same.
My thoughts were more toward the Steel Creek Rd crossing. It is not that far once you turn off 125 and it was in the worse shape.
Both crossing had small houses close by.
This was my thought from 125 instantly I figured Steel Creek was the way taken but both look very similar to the information we have been given. I didn't know if there were some common exits for that area that mayve have traffic cameras.

Just thought of something - could her car have been placed there in anticipation of it being hit by a train to destroy it? If so, did she park it there or someone else?

That's a stretch maybe, but tossing it on the table for consideration.

jmo
Looks like there’s a body of water nearby. If no train, was there a plan b?

View attachment 524893
View attachment 524889

View attachment 524890

Little Hell Rd Crossing
View attachment 524891
Were they able to interview people who live in that house?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bunny1998#
Back