SC SC - Jessica Rapsys, 27, traveling to visit family, car found w/ keys, shoes & phone inside, Allendale, 13 Aug 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If it's true that her shoes were also left in her car, I wonder if she did so intentionally because she didn't want to ruin them... if it was muddy, for example. I've tried to find an aerial view of Creek Plantation to see where the rr tracks run and if it shows private roads. I don't often hear much of cars getting stuck on rr tracks. Makes me wonder if she was driving a very small car (not that it really matters). I'd also like to see an aerial view for any ponds, rivers, bodies of water. Maybe she started walking and slipped into the water. I have a feeling she will be found soon (I hope it's right). I just can't imagine foul play was involved unless someone was an opportunist. Poor thing. She must've been scared to death. I did a "google drive" of that Quarry Road. I HATE all of these isolated roadways in this state.
My husband tows vehicles and it is definitely NOT uncommon for a car to get stuck on the tracks. I used to think it would be, but he gets at least a couple every month.

Law enforcement officials told Action News Jax her car was found abandoned with a flat tire and the keys still inside it. It was found near railroad tracks on a private property.
While the flat tire part was highlighted, I think the underlined in the ActionNewsJax article is interesting.

Maybe NEAR railroad tracks fits with the dirt road bit from earlier articles and it was stuck b/c of a flat tire and wasn't truly stuck on the tracks?

Although if they alerted rail operators than it had to be near enough that they were worried about it being hit (or responders being hit)? Or they alerted them in case something had been seen?

(Or this article isn't right about ::near:: possibly, I guess?)

If @truthfinder2019 location is correct, I see two possible ways she could have gotten onto that dirt road from Allendale coming up 125. For reference, blue circle is where we originally thought the car was found. Red circle is the dirt road truthfinger2019 mentioned above and the black circles are where she could have left 125 to get on the dirt road.
View attachment 524840
First black circle (around the 125 on the map)
View attachment 524843

Second black circle (northernmost).
View attachment 524844
What was the vehicle and wich way was it pointing. The road it show ends at water. I don’t put much into what police here say. Was it a suv or truck, 4x4? There’s no real animal danger except alligators and coyotes. But leaving phone even if it, but sure there was a charger. Do people camp on that road.

AUG 15, 2024
The Allendale County Sheriff's Office requested SLED assist in the investigation on Thursday, Aug. 15.

"She is deeply loved in Jacksonville by everyone that knows her, whether it’s a waitress she met once or a family she’s nannied for. We just want her home," Sabatini said.

Authorities said it was stuck across the railroad tracks that run through the community of Martin in northwestern Allendale County, Allendale County Sheriff, James Freeman, told WJBF. Freeman told WJBF the tracks where Rapsys’s car was found were on private property on Creek Plantation.

Rapsys' father, Vid Rapsys, told Fox News Digital that he does not know with any certainty why Jessica was in the area on Aug. 13.

"...We requested Hampton’s bloodhounds, they responded and did get a track but they were unable to locate anything. The SLED tracking team came down with the same results.” - Allendale County sheriff’s lieutenant Steven Robinson

Last edited:
None but this adds up or makes sense to me I honestly don’t know what to make of it other than it’s just so sad whatever happened so I hope her family gets answers and sooner than later. The fact her body has not been found is also really throwing me off…

Another possibility is perhaps she got disoriented and ended up in that strange place. Was she under the influence? I don't know - not saying she was or wasn't, but perhaps the tracks confused her if she was in a muddled state of mind and she thought leaving the car made sense.

I haven't settled on a theory yet - still brainstorming.

jmo
I prefer something along these lines. I’d also like to know if there were any mental health issues.

Reminds me a bit of the Jason Laundry case.

Let's think this through. If the car was hit by a train, it would be totaled, of course. But there would be identifiers with the license plate and VIN. So, does this indicate a young person left it there, someone who didn't know about vehicle IDs? Or did she leave it herself, to get rid of her things, and she walked away from her life??

IDK.

jmo

IMO, very, very few people have the means or intellect to walk away from their life. People can run away, sure, but they will eventually need to use their credit cards, their real name, or have a credit check run. I don't expect this young woman to have had the resources necessary to really walk away. She would have been found by now, IMO, unless she had help.

MOO

So we don't know exactly why Jessica was going to see her aunt. Maybe it wasn't just a "high time I went to see Auntie again" thing. Maybe there was something that needed to be discussed, or sorted. Maybe Jessica was brought up by Auntie for some reason, and/or Auntie had always been her confidant. Maybe Jessica wanted to pour out all her troubles to Auntie - but Auntie wouldn't necessarily know that. Maybe Jessica had just been dumped by a boyfriend, or had received bad health news. Presumably LE are checking out all these things.

In the video at this link, reporter interviewed one of Jessica's friends, who said Jessica was planning to visit her Aunt in South Carolina. Do we know where in SC they were meeting?
Search on for missing Jacksonville woman after vehicle found abandoned in South Carolina

"Jessica's aunt, Amy, told The U.S. Sun that the last the family heard from her was about 8-8:30 pm on Tuesday night." Woman vanishes on trip to visit aunt as car found with keys & phone inside What if the last sighting of her in Allendale is actually a facetime call from somewhere in Allendale County as she was lost? Because the call in to report her missing was also around 8 pm (see below). Town of Allendale vs County of Allendale. Have seen it reported as a town, and county, or just Allendale. So I can see it would be easy for reporters to get it wrong.

"Callers reported Jessica Rapsys, 27, missing on Aug. 13 around 8 p.m., and gave Allendale County dispatch an address along a dirt road by Creek Plantation – a private tract of land in Martin currently used for horse breeding, according to the county's website." MSN This statement makes me think. Who are the "Callers"? I assumed the Aunt, but why plural, or is that a typo? The Callers gave dispatch an address, which allowed them to find her vehicle within an hour of the call (in a rural area where it probably took LE a while to get there). So the caller either had a ping from Jessica, or maybe knew the area well and knew where she was.

My theory is Jessica was talking to her Aunt on phone when she got lost, stuck on tracks, but she was close to where her aunt wanted her to meet her. Maybe she overshot a turn or something. No idea what happened to Jessica after her car got stuck/flat tire. I hope she is found soon.

In the video at this link, reporter interviewed one of Jessica's friends, who said Jessica was planning to visit her Aunt in South Carolina. Do we know where in SC they were meeting?
Search on for missing Jacksonville woman after vehicle found abandoned in South Carolina

"Jessica's aunt, Amy, told The U.S. Sun that the last the family heard from her was about 8-8:30 pm on Tuesday night." Woman vanishes on trip to visit aunt as car found with keys & phone inside What if the last sighting of her in Allendale is actually a facetime call from somewhere in Allendale County as she was lost? Because the call in to report her missing was also around 8 pm (see below). Town of Allendale vs County of Allendale. Have seen it reported as a town, and county, or just Allendale. So I can see it would be easy for reporters to get it wrong.

"Callers reported Jessica Rapsys, 27, missing on Aug. 13 around 8 p.m., and gave Allendale County dispatch an address along a dirt road by Creek Plantation – a private tract of land in Martin currently used for horse breeding, according to the county's website." MSN This statement makes me think. Who are the "Callers"? I assumed the Aunt, but why plural, or is that a typo? The Callers gave dispatch an address, which allowed them to find her vehicle within an hour of the call (in a rural area where it probably took LE a while to get there). So the caller either had a ping from Jessica, or maybe knew the area well and knew where she was.

My theory is Jessica was talking to her Aunt on phone when she got lost, stuck on tracks, but she was close to where her aunt wanted her to meet her. Maybe she overshot a turn or something. No idea what happened to Jessica after her car got stuck/flat tire. I hope she is found soon.

Or maybe the owners of the private property where her car was sitting?

Do we know if the railroad still even goes through here?
If she felt like stopping and walking, it might be wise to have parked on the tracks to easily get back to the car again.

I don't understand how it could ever be wise to stop on tracks, much less park there? I doubt she knows the train
schedule.

ETA: just saw that she had a flat tire

Last edited:
What was the vehicle and wich way was it pointing. The road it show ends at water. I don’t put much into what police here say. Was it a suv or truck, 4x4? There’s no real animal danger except alligators and coyotes. But leaving phone even if it, but sure there was a charger. Do people camp on that road.
What about wild hogs? I’ve read they can destroy crops but are they a danger to humans?

I don't understand how it could ever be wise to stop on tracks, much less park there? I doubt she knows the train
schedule.

ETA: just saw that she had a flat tire
Even if you get a flat tire, you should be able to move your car forward or backward just a bit, and I doubt she got the flat while on the tracks.

But I guess maybe she got a flat and then when trying to cross she got stuck?

But why leave the phone in the car? Even if no service , I'd take it in case I hit a patch with a bar or two in order to text for help

Even if you get a flat tire, you should be able to move your car forward or backward just a bit, and I doubt she got the flat while on the tracks.

But why leave the phone in the car? Even if no service , I'd take it in case I hit a patch with a bar or two in order to text for help
That’s assuming she was in her right mind though. I’m not sure that was the case.

maybe leave the keys in case emergency crew or random passerby can get it off the tracks while she's gone looking for
help?

I haven't seen a mention of a purse or wallet either

but I don't think the phone was in the car, it was 'found nearby' apparently and that makes me think she dropped it while she was being abducted or was having a mental health episode and threw it once she realized she was still carrying it

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cattdee
Back