SC SC - Johnny Lamar Brown, 44, Myrtle Beach, 3 Aug 2012 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't been able to contact family today, but I did send a message to the facebook page with my contact information. Anyone is free to contact me here and I can speak with them - I will try the police .

I spoke with my adult daughter again and she, too, is convinced that the man we saw was Johnny. Actually we are all sitting here trying to pin point exact days.

The first night we were there, we stayed at Surfside Beach Resort. It was small for us so we moved to 920 North Waccamaw Drive in a condo (it's the same street - it just changes names) .

We arrived on Tuesday August 7th. The first time we saw him he was outside of Surfside Reality (213 South Ocean Boulevard ) on either Aug 7th or 8th (this is when we were moving from the hotel to the condo and working with that reality company).

To be honest, there weren't a lot of African American men in that area so when we saw him, we noticed.

We then saw him several times (4-5) in the immediate area of Surfside Beach resort. I can't be more specific as we were in and out passing Surfside several times a day for dinner / lunch / boardwalk in the evenings /etc. There is a place across from the hotel that just says "Bar & Grill" on it. He was sitting on their curb / step area one day.

It was Friday or Saturday afternoon that we saw him standing near the road and awkwardly holding out his thumb maybe two or three buildings north of the Surfside hotel. We really noticed him that day because it was so odd. It didn't appear like he knew how to hitch hike. But we thought maybe he was afraid of getting caught. That day he was carrying something that was grey. A bag ? A hoodie? A jacket?

This is the last time that I , personally saw him. Though my husband and daughter were south of our condo on Monday the 13th at lunch time going to pick up a pizza and they report seeing him sitting on a curb outside a souvenir shop. They said he was eating something.

At no time did we speak to him and only once were we out of the car when we saw him. That was the first sighting when we were waiting for a realtor outside the realty place.

I'd think someone should talk to management & staff at Surfside Realty and at Surfside Beach Resort and get some fliers in that area ASAP.

I wish I had seen this when we were still there.

I haven't been able to contact family today, but I did send a message to the facebook page with my contact information. Anyone is free to contact me here and I can speak with them - I will try the police .

I spoke with my adult daughter again and she, too, is convinced that the man we saw was Johnny. Actually we are all sitting here trying to pin point exact days.

The first night we were there, we stayed at Surfside Beach Resort. It was small for us so we moved to 920 North Waccamaw Drive in a condo (it's the same street - it just changes names) .

We arrived on Tuesday August 7th. The first time we saw him he was outside of Surfside Reality (213 South Ocean Boulevard ) on either Aug 7th or 8th (this is when we were moving from the hotel to the condo and working with that reality company).

To be honest, there weren't a lot of African American men in that area so when we saw him, we noticed.

We then saw him several times (4-5) in the immediate area of Surfside Beach resort. I can't be more specific as we were in and out passing Surfside several times a day for dinner / lunch / boardwalk in the evenings /etc. There is a place across from the hotel that just says "Bar & Grill" on it. He was sitting on their curb / step area one day.

It was Friday or Saturday afternoon that we saw him standing near the road and awkwardly holding out his thumb maybe two or three buildings north of the Surfside hotel. We really noticed him that day because it was so odd. It didn't appear like he knew how to hitch hike. But we thought maybe he was afraid of getting caught. That day he was carrying something that was grey. A bag ? A hoodie? A jacket?

This is the last time that I , personally saw him. Though my husband and daughter were south of our condo on Monday the 13th at lunch time going to pick up a pizza and they report seeing him sitting on a curb outside a souvenir shop. They said he was eating something.

At no time did we speak to him and only once were we out of the car when we saw him. That was the first sighting when we were waiting for a realtor outside the realty place.

I'd think someone should talk to management & staff at Surfside Realty and at Surfside Beach Resort and get some fliers in that area ASAP.

I wish I had seen this when we were still there.
would you please message me?
The news station wanted to speak to you (just on the phone) to and get the story updated on tonights news at six. Also LE would prefer to get the info directly from you . It's just easier for them because they have questions that we can't answer,like ,what time of day did you usually see him ,when he hitch hiked did you ever see him get into a vehicle,etc.....
I can't thank you enough.

would you please message me?
The news station wanted to speak to you (just on the phone) to and get the story updated on tonights news at six. Also LE would prefer to get the info directly from you . It's just easier for them because they have questions that we can't answer,like ,what time of day did you usually see him ,when he hitch hiked did you ever see him get into a vehicle,etc.....
I can't thank you enough.

I spoke with family last night and will (likely) talk to law enforcement today.

Are there ANY web sleuthers in that area that can get some fliers up ???
They need to be posted every where they possibly can be. The family is not in SC right now and they need help getting his photo out there.

Bumping this for Johnny .Hope today is the day.

This area is too dense for just me . We need a large group of volunteers to hand out flyers. No one at the hotel desk had heard about Johnny and the places across the street havent either: (

Has the family been put in touch with any search groups? This one sounds right up Tim Miller's alley

Sorry, MissJames, that it took me a few days to get here to his thread. I'm in Conway, about 20 minutes from Myrtle Beach. What can I do to help?

if he was hitchhiking he could be anywhere by now.
I'm so worried for this man.

Has the family been put in touch with any search groups? This one sounds right up Tim Miller's alley

Yes,his sister did contact them and they want to "put some feet on the ground" ,but the last I heard around noon was that they needed to decide on a starting point. I'm just catching up after getting back from Myrtle Beach/ Surfside .
I met with two MB officers to pick up flyers and they were very kind and appreciative.
I'm really hoping for some guidance by professional searchers so we don't have a hodge podge of volunteers . We need some co-ordination.
We need a designated leader(s) to be a point person with LE and the family. We also need a location that can be "headquarters" so to speak ,so we aren't asking the police for flyers ,etc.. several times a day as volunteers come forward .
Most of all we need PUBLICITY ! Most of the people in that area are vacationers. Billboards would be a help as well as TV media .
I'm open to doing whatever,but I'm not a leader and have no experience in searching for anyone beyond my own "Johnny".

Sorry, MissJames, that it took me a few days to get here to his thread. I'm in Conway, about 20 minutes from Myrtle Beach. What can I do to help?
No apologies necessary OLG.
There was a possible sighting at a soup kitchen in Conway. Just riding around the area looking ,if you have time.
Let me check in with the family and I'll be in touch . Thank you!

Websleuthers are the best!

following this case, wishing I were closer to help. So good to know that folks ARE caring and doing what they can with what they have (time, talents and energy).

Holding this family in my thoughts. He will turn up healthy soon. He has to.

Big thunderstorm heading up through Georgetown towards Surfside Beach and Myrtle Beach.
I pray Johnny is inside somewhere safe.

Maybe one of these organizations would be willing to help put up posters, Miss James. They might also be able to locate a place to be "headquarters."

http://www.hcdsn.org/

http://www.thearc.org/page.aspx?pid=2191&reid=1w092yGgh/g=&bbsys=0&bbrt=0

Also, Horry County Schools started for students, today. There might be some parents available during school hours to help distribute his picture or whatever is needed. I think parents of special needs kids would especially want to help if they knew about Johnny.

Storms moving up the coast . I pray Johnny has shelter and food.

Just watching JVM and she was interviewing the SC mom of a 15 year old who has been missing for a few days.
Preface: I am not criticizing nor do I begrudge this publicity for the missing girl.She needs to be found.
I would just like info on how to get the attention of anyone at HLN. Johnny is much like a vulnerable child and he could also use that type of publicity .His parents have cared for him all of his 44 years. I've e-mailed and nada. Does anyone know?

JVM is really getting "off the track" with her show. With all these missing people and terrible crimes, she spends show time talking about diet, nutrition, and animals. It really drives me crazy...and I'm vegan!

Maybe one of these organizations would be willing to help put up posters, Miss James. They might also be able to locate a place to be "headquarters."

http://www.hcdsn.org/

http://www.thearc.org/page.aspx?pid=2191&reid=1w092yGgh/g=&bbsys=0&bbrt=0

Also, Horry County Schools started for students, today. There might be some parents available during school hours to help distribute his picture or whatever is needed. I think parents of special needs kids would especially want to help if they knew about Johnny.

I will call in the morning .Great idea .Thanks!

Thinking of Johnny and hoping he's safe tonight.

Storms moving up the coast . I pray Johnny has shelter and food.

Perhaps a storm will work in our favor! It could force Johnny inside for shelter. Maybe someone will recognize him.
Keep up the good work!! I think he can be found!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sassy Sleuth