Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.horrycounty.org/ProjectLifesaver/index.asp

Johnny is not enrolled but SURELY they could offer some assistance in some form????

interesting- snipped from above link
Tourism Benefits We have partnered with the Myrtle Beach Area Chamber of Commerce and they currently have 10 wristbands available to offer tourists with autistic children during their stay along our coast. This program not only touches those in Horry County, but also reaches over 13 million tourists who vacation in our area every year. So far this year we have had ten visiting families who were Project Lifesaver clients who we made each feel safer and secure.

That is very cool. As a mom and aunt touched by autism, I am praying for this young man's safety until his family finds him!

You rock Miss James! :rocker:

Miss James, due to his autism is it possible for the family to request that a silver alert be issued?????? They may want to check into it.. it may get him some more attention

http://scsilveralert.com/

This is a great resource .
I'm waiting to get an update from JB's sister before I contact anyone else this morning. She had to take an important call and we weren't finished talking.

That is very cool. As a mom and aunt touched by autism, I am praying for this young man's safety until his family finds him!

You rock Miss James! :rocker:

It is very cool!
What I'm doing is completely selfish . We have a service dog that tracks ,but this could still be my son out there.
If I expect others to help me,then I must help others .

Let this be the day .

Re silver alert in SC-

snipped-Children with any type of brain disorder causing them to wander are also eligible for the program.
( I am going to assume this extends over to adults too)

http://www.wistv.com/global/story.asp?s=9060533

South Carolina

Effective Date

May 2010
AKA “The Endangered Person Notification System”

Administered By

South Carolina Law Enforcement Division Missing Persons - Missing Person Information Center

Age Requirement

All ages

Phone

Contact your local law enforcement agency
or 803-737-9000

http://scsilveralert.com/

Article 5, Chapter 3, Title 23 of the 1976 Code is amended by adding Section 23‑3‑330, January 13, 2009.
House Bill 3817 introduced on March 24, 2009. A192, R240, H3719 General Bill.

I missed this .....are you kidding me? Oh now I want to use some choice words our dear mods won't appreciate.

Gotta go get my son from school. I have some more info. .Be back later

Would 'venot hurt to ask,but my understanding is that,because they don't know where he might be now,they don't know where to start searching.
:maddening:
Texas Equusearch has been in contact with the MBPD . No organized searches at this time (cuz he could be anywhere :waitasec:)

I am so upset with MPD over TES that I could spit. I hate trying to post using my phone but I have been aggravated since I read that last night so I am doing it anyway. Who blows off help from TES?!

I am really hoping MBPD will reach out and utilize all avenues of help available to them in order to locate Johnny...like TES or the silver alert, or any other options. Come on,y'all can do it.
Where's Johnny?

I am so upset with MPD over TES that I could spit. I hate trying to post using my phone but I have been aggravated since I read that last night so I am doing it anyway. Who blows off help from TES?!

Maybe we are biased .I mean ,how many other people have posters of Tim Miller :rocker: in their bedroom?
Just kidding,but really ,we have an advantage since we follow so many of these cases.
My head will explode if I dwell on this ,so let's just move forward ,bring in TES and anyone else who might help spread the word (Nancy Grace,Anderson Cooper,Cuba Gooding Jr . etc...) or who has the experience and resources to find Miss Ruby's son,Johnny.

Johnny has been sighted,but those who have seen him didn't know he was a missing man at the time.
If publicity is bumped up there will be a better chance of finding him.

Is there a general area for sightings, like say a 1 miles radius, more or less? Any locations mentioned that might indicate his movements?
I 'd be glad to figure out more local people or places to send emails too. Especially if there is a more specific area of interest.

Is LE planing on revising the flyer any time soon, to reflect more recent information? Or is the link to the one above still being used?

Maybe LE can reach out to the neighborhood watch program and anyone who has been a part of their Citizens Police Academy, to let them know to be alert for Johnny?? Oh and maybe animal control too!

emailed Community Kitchen off of Mr. Joe White Avenue, MB
I so hope Johnny has found them.Or can.

hope contact was made with the reporter(s) at the Sun:)

a new story would be great , with the weekend coming on and lots of people out...maybe LE can help encourage the press to get the word out too!! And give a new story...ya know keeping him out there so people can be alert.Oh maybe a story on television again!

Maybe we are biased .I mean ,how many other people have posters of Tim Miller :rocker: in their bedroom?

(SBM)

Ahh, come on. You know all us girls have a Tim Miller poster on our bedroom wall. OK, maybe a couple of girls have Elvis.... :)

Sorry. Back to thinking...

It was a rainy but pretty productive day. I went to the UPS store here in Conway and had copies made of the fliers, they were very nice, even gave me a 15% discount. I hit all the gas stations in Conway, McDonald's, Waffle house, Walmart, Subway and KFC in and about 10 other small stores in the "bad part of town" where there are a lot of homeless and people coming up bumming money all the time. I also went to the Sheperds table but they already had flyers. Several people said they recognized him from the news, one lady asked me to leave extra flyers at the register so people could grab 'em and pass them out. Everyone was very receptive and let me hang the fliers except for McDonalds.. the manager said he has to speak with his supervisor before they can hang it but they did hang it in the break room so the employees can see it. I ran into a real nice guy at Walmart that says he works with the homeless at Myrtle Beach and asked for some flyers so he can hand 'em out and hang some too.

Tomorrow nosysw and I plan on meeting up at the beach so I can bring her some flyers then I'll head toward Georgetown and do the same as I did here in Conway which is about 1/2 hour from Georgetown.

I hope they find him soon!

Okay this being dropped off stuff could be very important as far as establishing a point last seen, verified by LE

Georgetown ( the city) is app. 38 miles south of Myrtle Beach, down 17 and across on the mainland

Okay I am going to assume it may have been Georgetown County sheriff Dept, not city police, as Georgetown County abuts Horry county and the county line is around Sandy Island Rd., app 21 miles from Myrtle beach

assuming Johnny was picked up in Georgetown County, then it is a minimum of about 10 mi back up 17 to Surfside Beach

HOW long after Johnny came missing from the motel, did this assumed incident take place? I would like to try to figure out how many miles he may have been able to cover between the motel and Georgetown intervening.

SO johnny had a motel key card, and the motel was supposedly called to see if he worked there? gee. couldn't he have been a guest?? ya think LE could have run on up the road to see if the motel could identify the key card to room number to guests??

BBM

With his communication issues how could anyone think he worked there?

It is very cool!
What I'm doing is completely selfish . We have a service dog that tracks ,but this could still be my son out there.
If I expect others to help me,then I must help others .

Let this be the day .

BBM

If this is selfish you must be an incredible giver. :hug:

I :blowkiss: you, OLG! :tyou: Even though I've never met you other than exchanging a few posts and pms here ~ I knew you were the generous kind of person who would go out of her way to give someone else a helping hand.

I am so humbled to be in this group of WS people when I witness people like all the posters on this thread! Thank you all.

Is there a general area for sightings, like say a 1 miles radius, more or less? Any locations mentioned that might indicate his movements?
I 'd be glad to figure out more local people or places to send emails too. Especially if there is a more specific area of interest.

Is LE planing on revising the flyer any time soon, to reflect more recent information? Or is the link to the one above still being used?

Maybe LE can reach out to the neighborhood watch program and anyone who has been a part of their Citizens Police Academy, to let them know to be alert for Johnny?? Oh and maybe animal control too!

I got some more info from Johnny's sister this morning and will try to place them all tomorrow when I head up there. A map with the definite sightings and possible sightings would be really helpful.

I want to hang out with OLG who is so freaking amazing ,and see if we can retrace some of Johnny's movements.Get flyers put up in those areas.

For any you who haven't had the pleasure of posting with OLG over the years,let me tell you,she has gone through the fire and come out better than new.
What she accomplished today is going to make a difference.

I also spoke to Johnny's mother this afternoon ,just to let her know that a lot of people were working to bring Johnny home to her.She sounded very tired and very sad.

You remember that game "gossip" where a statement was told as a secret whispered to the person next to you and on around the circle.The last person had to repeat it and it was usually different from the original statement.
That's how I feel passing on info here. I want to make sure we get it right, so tonight I'll go back over this mornings revelations with JB's sister and make sure I have the facts straight before I spread the news.
Fair enough?

I think you're all such incredible people!!! I wish I was closer to MB so I could help hand out flyers and look for Johnny. This case has touched my heart.

This might be a weird thought ... when I travel I always find the nearest Starbucks because I know I like their coffee and there is usually one around. Has anyone brought flyers to places like Starbucks, Dunkin Donuts, Krispy Kreme? These may be the types of places with a lot of local as well as tourist traffic. Just my two cents for what it's worth ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rwiz