SC SC - Johnny Lamar Brown, 44, Myrtle Beach, 3 Aug 2012 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I've come to the point where I think Johnny is living an anonymous life with a group of homeless people. I think if harm had come to him, his body would have turned up by now, because I think the harm would have come by people without the need or wherewithall to "disappear" his body for this long a period of time. (Sorry to be so blunt). I just can't help feeling like if he was around, and wanted to do so, he would have made himself known by now. So, that leads me to think he's around, somewhere, and just living his life, maybe thinking his family has given up on him, so he will just move on. We really don't know the full story of what happened, was said, etc. before he walked off on his own. And I think that is the key...with his limited understanding he might have just thought he was better off on his own. Not that this is the case, just that he might have felt that way, at the moment. Still pray that there will be a homecoming down the road, and that he will realize then how much he is loved and missed.

I agree completely. That or he is sitting in jail or in a hospital somewhere because they think he is mentally ill. If I was his family, I would be calling every jail, hospital, homeless shelter, soup kitchen in the Southeast. If he wasn't there, I would expand my search. I still think he might have been picked up by a sympathetic trucker and could be anywhere. I pray that he is alive and well and happy. :please::please:

I agree completely. That or he is sitting in jail or in a hospital somewhere because they think he is mentally ill. If I was his family, I would be calling every jail, hospital, homeless shelter, soup kitchen in the Southeast. If he wasn't there, I would expand my search. I still think he might have been picked up by a sympathetic trucker and could be anywhere. I pray that he is alive and well and happy. :please::please:

I have thought about Johnny many times the past few months, and prayed for him almost every night. I know I don't post here much lately, but there is so little to be said. I am glad his family is still going back periodically to search for him, and since his parents are elderly, that is probably a hardship for them. I pray for them too.
Taking the dog next time they go is a good idea, even though his scent could be long gone by now, dogs have other senses that tune them in to their master. Can't describe it, but our dogs know a full 5 minutes before my husband comes down the driveway that it is him. Maybe they hear the sound of his truck, maybe it's something else... can't explain it, but dogs are so much smarter than some people think they are. Johnny's dog might sense if he is still around there or sense what direction he took. You never know, and it's worth a try, at least.
Johnny, wherever you are, I hope you have enough to eat, and friends to keep you company and a decent place to sleep. Still praying!

Posting again to "bump" this thread to keep it up on the first page. Praying hard for Johnny's safe return & peace of mind for his family, friends and all of us who worry about him! Let's find Johnny before the year ends.

Still waiting on that 'Great Adventure Story' Johnny has to tell. Come Home Johnny Brown!

jmo

Bringing this over from the unidentified forum- Black male skeletal remains aged 27-53 found in Woodstock, GA (about a half hour from Cartersville):

GA GA - Woodstock, BlkMale Skeletal, 27-53, Found By Biologists, Jul'13 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Maybe he was somehow able to get back to greater Atlanta metro area but not able to get back home to his family. The time frame could fit if he managed to live on his own & head back towards home within the last 11-12 months but something happened recently & he didn't make it home (they don't think the remains have been there too long..but they are skeletal). Granted, Johnny is listed on NAMUS as being 5'6"-5'7", shorter than the UID's estimated height of 6".

Bringing this over from the unidentified forum- Black male skeletal remains aged 27-53 found in Woodstock, GA (about a half hour from Cartersville):

GA GA - Woodstock, BlkMale Skeletal, 27-53, Found By Biologists, Jul'13 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Maybe he was somehow able to get back to greater Atlanta metro area but not able to get back home to his family. The time frame could fit if he managed to live on his own & head back towards home within the last 11-12 months but something happened recently & he didn't make it home (they don't think the remains have been there too long..but they are skeletal). Granted, Johnny is listed on NAMUS as being 5'6"-5'7", shorter than the UID's estimated height of 6".

As much as I have been praying for Johnny & his family, I have also started looking at unidenitified persons who fit physical & chronological criteria all around the southeastern US. Maybe Johnny could have gotten a ride from a truck driver, something like that... and met a sad fate. I pray this isn't the case. There are two unidentified persons I am looking at in particular, and waiting on some DNA results to come back in. I hate doing this as we all want Johnny safe & well and back home with his family, or whatever he chooses-- as long as he is safe.

Thank you for bringing this up, and hugs to all who are working & praying to bring Johnny home, plus extra-special big hugs to Johnny's friends & family-- we are thinking of you.

Thanks for posting this, KTgirl. I agree. This could be Johnny. I know he hasn't showed up here in Cartersville, no contact with locals here.

Thanks for posting this, KTgirl. I agree. This could be Johnny. I know he hasn't showed up here in Cartersville, no contact with locals here.

Hi, Nonni :seeya:

So good to "see" you again. I've been wondering if anything was happening/heard of in Johnny's hometown. You've probably said this before but how many people are in Cartersville? And about how big is it geographically?

It is beyond sad that it will be a year next month with absolutely no updates :( I can't say much more than that without risking a time-out.

Hi everyone. We've just passed the 1 year mark since Johnny went missing. :( This breaks everyones heart, mine too. Can we perhaps make a special push to get this case moving? I know efforts are being made, and I'd love to hear from the family & find out if there is anything we can do to help in any more ways. Also, maybe we ought to ask Tricia to revisit this on her True Crime Talk show? Perhaps I will email her to ask.

Please be safe Johnny, we are all praying for you & your family & friends.

Hugs to all of you who are following this case and/or working on it quietly and behind the scenes; you are terrific!

oh,I just realized I have a media contact now in his home town...let me put a bug in an ear

Thanks for bringing this unidentified victim over to Johnny's forum.
I was looking at the Charley Project picture of him standing next to the red car and tried to figure how tall he would be, but I can't compute it in my head since his feet look to be a foot below the bottom of the tire from the angle of the picture.
At least Johnny is back on the first page again.

http://www.carolinalive.com/news/story.aspx?id=943513#.UisBodI84Wc

by April Baker
Posted: 09.06.2013 at 8:08 PM

On Friday, a Georgia family announced their newest effort to keep the search alive for their son who disappeared last August on a family vacation to Myrtle Beach.

MISSINGMAN.jpg

This is absolutely fabulous news. We just returned from two weeks in MB last Sunday and Johnny was definitely on my mind. I just wish there were more pictures so we could get a better idea (since the only two we've seen kind of look like two different people). I have strong doubts about whether he is still in the area, but if he is, I think this is a great way to try to find him, or get more information. It could still lead to better tips, even if he did leave the area, because it's a lot more attention getting than the original posters/flyers.

OH MY!!! This is GREAT!!! What a fantastic surprise!! I think about Johnny often,and keep him in my prayers.

Bumping for Johnny! Am still thinking of him, his family & friends; praying he is found soon. Also hugs to all the Websleuth folks & LE, etc. who are still working on this-- you guys & gals are reminders of hope & goodness in a world that is often scary, confusing & mysterious.

Still thinking of you here too, Johnny and family. May you all get the answers you seek soon. Virtual hugs to Johnny.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinzstel
Back