SC SC - Johnny Lamar Brown, 44, Myrtle Beach, 3 Aug 2012 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
*Bump* for Johnny.. he is still missing

news10nbc ‏@news10nbc 8m
JUST IN: The remains found near Myrtle Beach, SC are not Brittanee Drexel. The remains belong to a man who is at least 20

I'm wondering if maybe this is going to be Johnny.

http://www.wbtw.com/story/24322765/horry-county-police-say-skeletal-remains-found-in-myrtle-beach

Horry County bones are from a 20+ year old man, coroner says

Posted: Dec 29, 2013 1:44 PM EST
Updated: Dec 31, 2013 3:29 PM EST
By WBTW News Staff

*snip*

MYRTLE BEACH, S.C. (WBTW) -
Lt. Robert Kegler with the Horry County Police Department said skeletal remains were found on Tidewater Road near Waccamaw Boulevard in Myrtle Beach Saturday around 12:40 p.m.

Horry County Coroner Robert Edge told WBTW Tuesday afternoon that the remains were from a man who was at least 20 years old when he died.

I found this to be interesting in determining the identity of bones, but don't know how accurate it may be.

The eye and nose openings in the skull and certain proportions of the skull vary by racial group between the Mongoloid, Negroid, and Caucasoid races. By examining the skull, or certain parts of the skull, forensic folks can determine the race.

http://www.miafacts.org/identifi.htm

I'm sure that when the forensics anthropologist looks at the remains, race will be one of his/her first things to identify about the remains, then comparisons based on dental records or DNA (if needed) will be done to missing people who are of the deceased's race, age group, etc.

Just wish it didn't take so long to get an ID. But thankful this person will likely be IDed.

I have a vague idea about this area, but I wonder specifically what type of land the remains were found on: dryland (forest), wetlands, marshland, etc. I'm thinking somewhat dry, since they said the remains were spread around, but I wonder how they got there. Any possibility other than being killed/dumped in that specific spot?

I have a vague idea about this area, but I wonder specifically what type of land the remains were found on: dryland (forest), wetlands, marshland, etc. I'm thinking somewhat dry, since they said the remains were spread around, but I wonder how they got there. Any possibility other than being killed/dumped in that specific spot?

In a picture from an article posted above, I noticed LE walking on a railroad track so maybe the person was walking on the track when he was hit or fell off the train.

More bones found this morning.

Additional human remains were located on New Year's Day by a search party near Ronald McNair Boulevard, a short distance from the bones found over he weekend. Since it is not a complete skeleton, Coroner Edge believes the bones could belong to the same person. The anthropologist on the case can determine if the bones found are from the same male.

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/24322587/skeletal

In a picture from an article posted above, I noticed LE walking on a railroad track so maybe the person was walking on the track when he was hit or fell off the train.

Those RR tracks have not been in use for several year., I recall one train travelling thru there in the past 5 years. For a long time, they were used to store empty box cars, however. That was about 3 years ago.

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/11933

Tidewater remains have been entered into Namus. At first I thought Johnny was a possibility but race is listed as white. Age 35-60 and height 5'7". Also swim trunks and pendant found. Also the UID had the following:
Evidence of a Halo fixation device used, well healed left rib fractures (x 2), healed facial fractures around the nasal area, and possible fracture of the pubic bone. broken neck or spinal fusion surgery

Thinking of johhny tonight! Where Is he??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I still think of Mr. Brown all the time.

I'm sad that there is no new update.

Still praying for Johnny & his loved ones. Come home soon Johnny!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MADELINE123654
Back