GUILTY SC - Julia Mudgett, 77, Hollywood, 4 May 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So sad and frightening. Why would somebody harm an elderly woman?

There was a homicide of another 70-year-old woman in Bluffton, SC. That is close to where her car was found. http://www.wnct.com/story/25506607/bluffton-police-investigating-elderly-womans-death-as-homicide And this article says this might be linked to another cased in South Carolina: http://www.islandpacket.com/2014/05/13/3108220/investigation-into-suspicious.html?sp=/99/257/

And Eatonton, GA is only about 3 hours away. GA GA - Shirley Dermond (Abduction), 87, Putnam County, 2 - 4 May 2014 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Who would abduct/murder 2 elderly women, murder an elderly man, and then murder another elderly woman in her home? WTH?
Although the two SC women are likely related, I am a little hesitant to tie the Dermond's murder with these two in SC, imo. It is eerie at the resemblance of SD & the Hollywood, SC elderly lady though. Just when you thought the abduction/murder of elderly women were rare, now there is three within days of each other...wow, sad..

Who would abduct/murder 2 elderly women, murder an elderly man, and then murder another elderly woman in her home? WTH?
Although the two SC women are likely related, I am a little hesitant to tie the Dermond's murder with these two in SC, imo. It is eerie at the resemblance of SD & the Hollywood, SC elderly lady though. Just when you thought the abduction/murder of elderly women were rare, now there is three within days of each other...wow, sad..

I gotta say - these cases are creeping me out. I can't helping thinking we have another I. Keyes type out there. Ugh! Somebody definitely preying on the helpless. Kyes did avoid homes with dogs though. :scared:

I live in SC and there was an elderly woman killed here a few months ago. Her housekeeper's ex boyfriend was arrested. The housekeeper wasn't charged for that, but she was charged with stealing over a period of time. This week a woman was arrested in my area for going to the homes of seniors and posing as an undercover officer. She would then ask to check their meds and said there was a drug ring stealing pain meds. She was then taking half their meds. One was a sharp cookie and wrote her tag number down. This was the second time this former nurse has been caught doing this. Our elderly are prey it seems. My dad is 87 and loves to talk to anybody, and I have warned him.

BBM - I noticed the resemblance too.

Awwwwful! Just proof that these sex offenders can't or won't stop.

I heard that. That is why all the elderly missing women concerned me! I just couldn't say it as it was a rumor at the time.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

Bumpity Bump....

Where are you dear lady?? A fellow animal rescuer.

Deputies: Missing Hollywood woman and suspect met before she went missing -

CHARLESTON COUNTY, SC (WCSC) -
Charleston County deputies say the suspect in the disappearance of a Hollywood woman met her before she went missing. The sheriff’s office also says witnesses told investigators they saw 53 year old Jerry Lee Manigault driving Julia Ann Mudgett’s car in Bluffton after she was reported missing. The 77 year old woman’s car was found Monday in Jasper County. Today, the sheriff’s office forensics team finished looking at the car for clues. The car was covered with fingerprint powder.

http://www.live5news.com/story/2553...woman-and-suspect-met-before-she-went-missing

Suspect charged with murder in missing woman's disappearance; Unknown body found near home -

The Charleston County Sheriff's Office is investigating after authorities found a body half a mile away from missing woman Julia Ann Mudgett's home. Sheriff Cannon said there were no details of the gender of the body which was found wrapped in a "towel or quilt" type material on Toogoodoo Road Friday afternoon. According to authorities, two deputies and a SLED agent discovered the body.

http://www.live5news.com/story/2554...s-office-responding-to-body-on-toogoodoo-road

My state is so crime ridden now and it's horrible. I looked at two local news stations this morning and it's just one bad thing after another.
I hope this is Julia and she can RIP, because nobody needs to lie dead in the woods.

Is this man the same one that was referred to as her neighbor?? The one they obtained a search warrant for, and searched his home?

I am interested to know if he is the next door neighbour whose house they searched?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anyclimate3010
Back