GUILTY SC - Julia Mudgett, 77, Hollywood, 4 May 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
He was not the neighbor. He did however live around the corner from her.

The fear of being raped and murdered shouldn't be one our elderly endure. So sad. May you be met at the Rainbow bridge by all the animals that have gone before you.

No words. Just no words. So awful. How could someone do something like this to a sweet old lady? Sick, sick, sick individual. Heartbreaking. So terrible.

I think this case will haunt me for the rest of my life.

I'm disgusted to learn of this. For an elderly woman to die like this and we all know what he most Likely Did to her...I cant believe how sick society has become. I really can't.

http://www.blufftontoday.com/blufft...womans-death-waives-bond-hearing#.VKZGaMbhoWc

Jerry Lee Manigault, 53, of Hollywood, was charged with murder and criminal sexual conduct in the May 12 death of Polly Ann Mitchell, 70, of 168 Buck Island Road. He was also charged with burglary and grand larceny and accused of stealing $2,000 worth of property from Mitchell’s home.

Manigault is also accused of breaking into the home of 77-year-old Julia Ann Mudgett of Hollywood in early May, killing her and stealing her car.

Mistrial declared in case of Bluffton woman’s 2014 murder

http://www.islandpacket.com/news/local/crime/article135686703.html

A mistrial was declared Wednesday morning in the case of a Hollywood man accused of killing a Bluffton woman in 2014 after evidence inadvertently presented by the prosecution in front of a jury was deemed inadmissible.

The trial of Jerry Lee Manigault, 56, will be rescheduled after Circuit Court Judge Craig Brown decided in a pre-trial meeting with 14th Circuit Solicitor Duffie Stone and Beaufort County Chief Public Defender Trasi Campbell that the Tuesday testimony of Charleston County Sheriff’s Office Detective Matt Downing could suggest to the jury that the suspect had a prior criminal record and affect its ability to make a decision. Downing testified about a S.C. Department of Corrections ID card found on Manigault at the time of his May 12, 2014, arrest.

Manigault faces burglary, sexual assault and murder charges in connection with the death of 70-year-old Polly Ann Mitchell on May 12, 2014. Mitchell was found with a television cord wrapped around her neck at her 168 Buck Island Road home.

Manigault is also awaiting trial on charges of kidnapping, strong-arm robbery and murder in connection with the death of 77-year-old Julia Ann Mudgett of Hollywood, a community south of Charleston.

Manigault allegedly broke into Mudgett’s home between May 4 and May 6, 2014, and killed her.

He was seen driving Mudgett’s vehicle around Bluffton, officials said at the time of his arrest.

Charleston Co. man sentenced to life for murders

http://counton2.com/2017/11/07/charleston-co-man-sentenced-to-life-for-murders/

Jerry Lee Manigault was to face trial next week on charges of murder, criminal sexual conduct and first-degree burglary in the May 12, 2014, death of 70-year-old Bluffton resident Polly Ann Mitchell. He also was charged in Charleston County for the murder of Julia Mudgett, 77, who lived near Manigault in Hollywood and was killed about six days before Mitchell.

Instead, Manigault entered a plea to accept four life-without-parole sentences for murder and burglary charges associated with the women’s deaths. He also received 30 years for sexually assaulting Mitchell and 15 years for the strong-armed robbery of Mudgett.

“The defendant preyed on the most vulnerable – elderly women who were home alone,” said Managing Assistant Solicitor Jennifer Kneece Shealy of the Ninth Circuit Solicitor’s Office, who prosecuted the charges related to Mudgett’s death. “His life sentences protect our community from the terror he inflicted on his victims."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anyclimate3010
Back